Paint for MBR
Julie Halstead
After almost 19 years of living with beige walls as a military family we are buying a house in AZ and get to paint! We have some paintings done by husband's grandmother and a rug we bought when we lived in Turkey that we want to use in our MBR. The room is big--20'x20' with a wall of southeast facing windows. It has medium hardwood floors. Our bed is a pewter/bronze sleigh bed. I'm wanting to bring out the rosy/purple hues in the paintings, but it can't be too pink or the hubby will veto. Ideas?
Julie Halstead
I'm leaning toward this color. Masculine enough but I think it's a good backdrop for the rug and paintings. Open to other ideas!
February 6, 2014 at 8:37am     
Julie Halstead
Forgot the link!
February 6, 2014 at 8:37am     
trebinje
hi julie - that's a very saturated color, but you can probably get away with it in the bright light of Arizona. Agree that it is neither masculine nor feminine. Check out this 'color story' from Benjamin Moore for a broad range of colors in the pink-peach-red family. When I think of Turkey and the middle east, there is so much color inspiration from the natural landscape, the spices of the souk, the sand, the stone, the rich textiles and the metals.
http://www.benjaminmoore.com/en-us/for-your-home/color-stories/fiery-sunset

I noticed a gorgeous soft blue in the carpet as well as in the painting. Any interest in going in that direction?
February 6, 2014 at 8:50am        Thanked by Julie Halstead
Julie Halstead
Thanks for the feedback and link. A blue/gray is my fall back color, but I'm tempted to try something bolder. I appreciate the link on the Benjamin Moore colors. I've added the Canyon Ranch to the list of possibilities.
February 6, 2014 at 9:17am   
Julie Halstead
Oops, canyon rock. Can't get it to copy here.
February 6, 2014 at 9:19am   
Barnhart Gallery
Julie, thanks for all of your years as a military family. I think hubby will appreciate the bold dark option to balance the sentimental pinks. I also think your inspiration photo looks great; go for a darker tone in your rug! (Can't suggest a specific as it's a small photo, but bring home paint cards to compare.)
February 6, 2014 at 9:30am        Thanked by Julie Halstead
leelee
Your art has quite a bit of blue tones along with the pink. Go with a light periwinkle blue and hubby will love it. All men love blue.
February 8, 2014 at 9:11am     
happyasaclam
Hi! These are my favorite masculine blue colors . Both are Benjamin Moore paints. The first is Bachelor Blue. Although Gentleman's Gray is darker, it is also so pretty! I'm going to paint our Master Bath with one of the two when I can decide which! Traditional Living Room Gentleman's Gray 2062-20 Paint
February 8, 2014 at 9:47am     
I suggest you may want to choose your paint based first on the southeast exposure AND then consider the painting, so I try BM White Rain 708. This is a pale blue, but has green undertones. Hard to see your colors, but it should look great with the lilacs and the enameled coffee pot and not fight with the multiple colors in the rug.
White Rain 708 Benjamin Moore
Shingle Style home on Golf Course
February 8, 2014 at 9:54am     
Mark
Plum would work nicely with your paintings.
February 8, 2014 at 10:39am     
Julie Halstead
We just closed on the house a few days ago and I went with antique garnet by Dunn Edwards. Will post final photos once furniture and paintings go in. The color reminds me of spilt red wine. Yum!
May 6, 2014 at 8:32pm   
Julie Halstead
Here's the photo
May 6, 2014 at 8:32pm     
abbyjean
Cannot wait to see it when you get moved in. And we will toast you with some wine!!!
May 6, 2014 at 8:37pm   
Sandra L
Beautiful choice.
May 6, 2014 at 11:23pm   
more photos of the MBR - ? vanity mirror ideas
Traditional home, chocolate cherry finish on vanity...
MBR Window Treatment
I have a beautiful window in my master bedroom, but...
MBR with empty corner that needs something besides a puff ball
Got an empty corner in the MBR that is crying to be...
What would you put in this MBR space?
I want to "complete" my master bedroom so I need your...
PLEASE HELP MBR I am lost!
We have a massive rectangular MBR 24x16. The antique...
Please critique my floorplan
This will be a 2 stories mountain house. Floor plans...
Three Bathrooms in the house using same tile and cabinet combination?
Is it good idea to use the same wall & floor tile and...
Need Help with Family Room
I have a dilemma with what I should do with my family...
need guidance to ehance bedroom
I have clicked pictures from all dimensions need all...
Does anyone actually sit and eat brekky together?
My family refuses to sit down and eat together each...