Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
interiordesignsbyjulie

Need to match existing mdf thermafoil cabinets doors

Designs by Julie
10 years ago
I am doing some minor renovations to my kitchen and want to add some cabinetry to create a built in look above the refrigerator as well as bring out the cabinet above the stove for a exhaust fan insert. These cabinet fronts were installed 20 years ago and I have no idea who the manufacturer was as the installer I purchased them from is not around anymore. What is the best way to go about this? I want to make sure that the white color is a spot on match, which might be a challenge due to the age, but I don't believe that they have yellowed.. My cabinets have a nice smooth, satin finish, not the textured orange peel stuff. I'm guessing that I would need to take a door in to various places that sell this product to find a match. The back side is white melamine. I've enclosed pictures so you can see the type of door. Any guess on who the manufacturer might be?

Comment (1)

• PRO
    Brickwood Builders, Inc.
    10 years ago
    You're right, you will need to remove a door and cart it around town. Be sure to wrap it in a towel or something to keep it from getting scratched up. You may want to try Merillat.