POLL: Hallway decor
Houzz Polls
February 7, 2014 in Polls
How would you decorate your hallway?

Vote for your favorite look! To win a Houzz t-shirt, post a comment telling us why you like the one you voted for and you will automatically be entered into the drawing. And if you already have a decorated hallway, post your photos too!

Watch the video to see what the shirt looks like!

*One entry per person, per drawing. Entries must be posted before 12:00am Pacific Time 2/16/2014. One winner will be drawn at random.
Rug
Picture Gallery
Cabinets
Pendant Lighting
Wainscoting
Bookcases
Murals
Framed Mirrors
Other - Tell us Below!
Heather
I love the photo gallery because you can see your friends and family every day and also show your personality a little through the frames. What great pops of color!
6 Likes   February 7, 2014 at 12:57PM
Designer Accents
I love the bookcase idea but it is something you cannot just "add" you have to plan for it during the design phase. My vote today goes for the pendant lights.
3 Likes   February 7, 2014 at 12:59PM
carolannmarie
The bookcase in the hallway would be exactly what I need. Love built in bookcases anywhere really.
6 Likes   February 7, 2014 at 1:02PM
Barnhart Gallery
All of the above, just not all at once.
2 Likes   February 7, 2014 at 1:05PM
Marcy Teal
I already have a photo gallery in my hallway, but I love the idea of the long colorful rug to bring in color and protect the floor.
2 Likes   February 7, 2014 at 1:13PM
dianahb
The photo gallery hallways just make me feel a bit claustrophobic-- they just seem jangly to me. I couldn't decide between the first one, with the rug, and the pendant lighting, and the bookcases. I ultimately chose the bookcase hallway, because I thought it was an excellent use of space-- and it was also light and airy-- not claustrophobic at all-- and added interested. I liked the lights, too.
6 Likes   February 7, 2014 at 1:16PM
Wood Stone Home
I'm a big fan of the photo gallery. The variety of frame colors and sizes adds a major element of character, before you even look at the photos themselves. Your eyes are immediately drawn to the excitement of an otherwise boring space.
0 Likes   February 7, 2014 at 1:21PM
tonton11
some mirrors placed so as to reflect light around, can serve to enlarge the sense of space, esp if maybe the floor is shiny. might look good if interspersed with framed art/murals/maps, in combination with wainscoting - none of which would take up space.
2 Likes   February 7, 2014 at 1:39PM
Teresa
The picture gallery is great. I have been meaning to create a "Hall of Frame" of my own but haven't gotten around to it. The video reminded me that I need to get-it-done!
1 Like   February 7, 2014 at 1:42PM
soozmacrae
Perfect for all that little things that tend to get left in the hall plus for table lamps.
0 Likes   February 7, 2014 at 1:42PM
Mark
A recessed niche would be my choice. I think when it is possible to do so a niche will help widen a hallway and can add decorative architectural appeal. My niche below in the picture happens to be very traditional but a niche can be designed to suit any style of decor.
7 Likes   February 7, 2014 at 1:51PM
Michael Hahn
The Framed Mirrors is a good way to expand the narrow hall, and fun if you put in "Carnival Mirrors" in some of them... You know the ones that twist the reflection of you :)
3 Likes   February 7, 2014 at 2:00PM
Victoria Reeves
Love mirrors!
1 Like   February 7, 2014 at 2:10PM
Carina See-Ainuke
Just love photos with interesting frames.
2 Likes   February 7, 2014 at 2:26PM
chookchook2
rug is warm uderfoot in winter
1 Like   February 7, 2014 at 2:29PM
Calhoun Painting Company
I love the bookcase in the hall idea. What a great way to make a hall unique, attractive and utilitarian all at the same time. The picture you have of it gives the hall a very distinguished look. Love it! I want one ;)
3 Likes   February 7, 2014 at 2:29PM
dreacorator
Valentine's Day romancing would definitely involve my husband giving me some good wainscoting! !!
3 Likes   February 7, 2014 at 2:31PM
motivation52
I love the map mural. It would be a great way to teach kids about geography, mark destinations, or just enjoy the colors and form.
3 Likes   February 7, 2014 at 2:34PM
pippa12258
A recessed niche with cabinetry gives flexibility to change up decor seasonly, or to display mementos from a trip, etc.
3 Likes   February 7, 2014 at 3:12PM
Mardi Peace
i have always always dreamed of a hallway lined with full bookshelves, and maybe a cozy nook for a good chair at the far end!
4 Likes   February 7, 2014 at 3:21PM
sallypavlus
Love the bookcase idea, very accessible storage & adds interest to a hall space.
3 Likes   February 7, 2014 at 3:26PM
Jasmin Roque
I love the lights that's my style all the way , tasteful yet simple, less is more
3 Likes   February 7, 2014 at 3:29PM
saratogaswizzlestick
Just a rug. I don't like every space stuffed with things.
1 Like   February 7, 2014 at 3:33PM
happyasaclam
In helping another Houzzer find art for his condo, we found a set of nine pictures of the moon. I'm desperately trying to find a way to make those prints work on my stair landing and upstairs hallway!
1 Like   February 7, 2014 at 3:40PM
syncope
None of the above photos made my toes tingle. I would rather see some half tables with a few accessories attached to the wall alternating perhaps with a chair here and there so you can catch your breath before continuing down the runway length of the hall.
1 Like   February 7, 2014 at 4:06PM
sieggy
love the bookcases
1 Like   February 7, 2014 at 4:21PM
A New Look Interior Design
I think the photo gallery is such an interesting way to treat you hallway or otherwise empty and deserted wall area. Most people have an abundance of photographs and have them crowded on a mantle or bookcase in mismatched frames. The display is a mess and not the least bit inviting. When framed/matted professionally (or in like frames and hung together) it quickly creates a wall hallway people will enjoy traveling through!! Always better to have your collections/photos grouped together as you can enjoy the comparison of one piece/photo to another!!!
3 Likes   February 7, 2014 at 4:30PM
Linda Campbell
love the wainscoting
0 Likes   February 7, 2014 at 4:55PM
goreslanding
I love the look of the bookcases. It's a great place to tuck favourite books and artwork, as well as a spot to tuck interesting decor pieces on the shelves with out taking up valuable space in other rooms. Each child can have a designated shelf to keep personal favourites handy for bed time reading. A unique and decorative way for storage solutions.
2 Likes   February 7, 2014 at 4:58PM
Amy Stokes
I like a graphic wallpaper in hallways and on stair wells.
2 Likes   February 7, 2014 at 5:07PM
soccerates
I like the cabinets. There is always a need to store stuff; linens, blankets etc. Also it's a good place to hide for hide and seek if you're small!
0 Likes   February 7, 2014 at 5:18PM
zachandannie
wainscoting would give the walls beautiful detail without taking up too much space. And with three kids, it's an easy to clean surface that withstands bangs and bumps.
0 Likes   February 7, 2014 at 5:56PM
nancy11919
I love pictures and am always being told I have too many up, so to have a gallery in a hallway would be a perfect place to display them without having them all over the house! I love it.l
2 Likes   February 7, 2014 at 6:04PM
edithsmom
Those bookcases look perfect in the photo. As an avid reader, I would love to have a hallway with room for the books we enjoy as well as room for photos, vases.
1 Like   February 7, 2014 at 6:08PM
dubily
I love the photo gallery idea because it is a cute reminder of the fun memories in your life!!!!!
1 Like   February 7, 2014 at 6:10PM
cbrichards
I love a gallery of photos of my family
1 Like   February 7, 2014 at 6:16PM
Terri Wills, Dip. Building Technology
I voted for the idea of a large mural. I love the idea of a world map actually, as I would then stick colored pins in the places that I have been, and places I would love to go. I may even invite my friends and family to mark their travels too!
0 Likes   February 7, 2014 at 6:19PM
bc1091
have photo gallery already and i like the rug but imagine it would need to be washed frequently, love books but no good for smaller hallways; fave is the lighting, simple
0 Likes   February 7, 2014 at 7:02PM
Monesa Arvanitis
Just moved in and would like to see pictures and mirrors mixed.
1 Like   February 7, 2014 at 7:56PM
sclutter
the colorful rug is my choice and i think I will do the same in my own hallway!!
0 Likes   February 7, 2014 at 8:00PM
okdokegal
Last three houses have had dank dismal dark hallways. 'black hole' would have described them. My hubby has dizzy spells so lining the hallway with mirror to reflect what light there is is out... (he'd bounce into the wall and that wouldn't end well) and I have tried to add enough light with fixtures.... what's left of the hall in this place was the same, I am putting some track lighting up there to get serious light into the hall if turned on. And putting in LED strip 'running lights' to allow moving through house at night without turning all the lights on. What is left of that hall has three doors, very little wall space left, so may just leave it with paint and lighting.
1 Like   February 7, 2014 at 8:17PM
solraven
If we lived in a cold climate or had creaky floors, I would definitely go w/ a warm and colorful runner. Because I live in a warm climate, w/ porcelain floors, adding a rug would be something else to clean, and make the space feel hot. I think hanging pictures can make it feel closed it, so... I would opt for a mural, or very large wall decal. Well, that's my plan, anyway. I haven't found the right one, but when I do... I'm going to see how that looks.
1 Like   February 7, 2014 at 8:23PM
Sue Potter
Love Love Love the book cases...reaally like a few but the book case the best...its easy cut the sheet rock out and make them..my Aunt had some just like them but in her florida room ...very Nice!! Great idea if we get another house...Just redid my interior so not ripping walls down now LOL
1 Like   February 7, 2014 at 11:15PM
designgene
Rug, lighting, pictures AND mural! [That's a mural on the loo door.]
5 Likes   February 8, 2014 at 2:13AM
sandyakarnaddeviah
The hallway with the bookcases looks elegant, beautiful, and makes books that much more accessible. I would also keep a couple of low cushioned stools.
1 Like   February 8, 2014 at 2:39AM
petrah78
Hall is ideal to display family photos, the best room in our house, for me anyway.
1 Like   February 8, 2014 at 2:50AM
crickhollowmd
Just started a pic gallery last month! It's a work in progress...love!
0 Likes   February 8, 2014 at 4:18AM
ataverna
We went with the bookshelf idea and now I'm considering a gallery wall opposite it but the hallway is so narrow it may be too crowded looking
3 Likes   February 8, 2014 at 5:20AM
rocketjcat
Love the built in cabinet. It looks like a good 'to go' space for keys, maybe stash your purse. I'm not a fan of gallery walls, especially in long narrow hallways, or entries. I think personal photos look best in personal space, maybe a grouping in den or bedroom, or placed on shelves or in bookcases. In an entry hall they are kind if off-putting to me. Kind of shouting to guests to look at your family. But I'm probably in the minority on that feeling. And the different frames would drive me crazy. I would go for a nice family picture on the built in cabinet, though! :D
4 Likes   February 8, 2014 at 6:33AM
jukirk
I love the idea of the murals in a long hallway. I'm terrible at dressing walls and this is a perfect idea!
1 Like   February 8, 2014 at 8:20AM
tkonline
i love the lighting, it keeps things nice and airy... but adds a lot of style
2 Likes   February 8, 2014 at 9:09AM
Heirloom Design Build
Photo or art gallery. Simply the best way to make a house a home.
1 Like   February 8, 2014 at 9:18AM
Shuler Architecture
I like all f these options but the practical part of me wants this space to do more than merely be a transition from one part of a house to another. Bookcases make this hall more interesting and a destination. All of the other options can also be added to this space to dress it up.
3 Likes   February 8, 2014 at 9:50AM
Decorating Den Interiors - Deborah Bettcher
Since a hallway creates a transition throughout a floor, I like the idea of selecting a theme that reflects the homeowner and draws the space together. In this project, the client was a connoisseur of high heels. So I created a flirty gallery wall of sexy images of shoes with a picture ledge to make a statement in this hallway leading to her bedroom...
9 Likes   February 8, 2014 at 11:35AM
jessegee
I chose cabinets, my husband works away from home, and after a long hard week week he comes in through the front door, empties his pockets and briefcase on any available surface, It makes him feel like he is really home and can begin to unwind. I'd love him to have his very own drawer and wardrobe cupboard. We'd never lose the car keys, wallet and ID, and I could put everything that he needs for the coming week , like his fresh shirts and polished shoes, he has a good nights sleep knowing everything is organised and ready for Monday morning. He works hard to pay the mortgage and give us a beautiful home, he deserves a little home comfort and tlc.
2 Likes   February 8, 2014 at 12:10PM
watersflow727
I love the bookshelves in the hallway for the multipurpose look. Books can bring out the beauty in any space.
1 Like   February 8, 2014 at 1:07PM
bbarick
One hallway has family photos in a wild variety of frames, the other hallway has blank walls but a tribal rug on the floor.
1 Like   February 8, 2014 at 1:12PM
ducks43
Definable bookcases if the hallway was wide enough. Otherwise a picture gallery, with the number of pictures dependent on the size of hallway and whether rooms are directly off it.
0 Likes   February 8, 2014 at 1:13PM
ducks43
...and a runner rug in winter.
0 Likes   February 8, 2014 at 1:14PM
Debbie Wolfe
Liked the cabinets,lots of storage and uncluttered.
0 Likes   February 8, 2014 at 3:31PM
raanddg
The picture gallery! It happens to be what I did in a long and troublesome hallway - it worked out beautifully and served to shorten the hall successfully. I'd suggest framing all the pics in black to give a cohesive look and track lighting to provide a "gallery" feel.
1 Like   February 8, 2014 at 8:30PM
Mise en Place Design
In my own personal home, my hallway upstairs is narrow so a picture gallery would get left unnoticed as you would just walk by. If it's a prominent area, however, good lighting can highlight key pieces. Something like wainscoting would be a nice architectural feature that could frame the space, or even paint. If your hallway is wider, say over 42", then hang some art, photos, or bookcases would be great built in. Make sure you have enough space on either side of you to enjoy what's on the wall.
0 Likes   February 8, 2014 at 10:05PM
fpedison
I would go with good lighting and it would be the perfect place to show off my collection of crosses.
1 Like   February 8, 2014 at 11:19PM
bigredkate
I love the bookcase lined hallway. it is a geat use of an otherwise wasted space.
1 Like   February 9, 2014 at 12:17AM
djhalve
I love the wainscoting look. It gives the walls character and warmth. Would also fit in with more home designs and furniture styles.
1 Like   February 9, 2014 at 12:20AM
bdarrow
I would do wall color bookcases only as high as my elbow ( for easy dusting), an oriental runner, and a few medium sized prints from a set, maybe one mirror. The top of the shelf would be for my collection of small vases and flowers in season. If there are kids or pets around, I would be sure to "tack" the vases down with that sticky tac stuff.
2 Likes   February 9, 2014 at 1:04AM
goldfinchmom
The right rug can change the whole feel of a hallway, or multiple hallways. Coupled with eclectic frames with photos, your hallways could look fresh and new in no time. I'm going to implement both ideas and can't wait to get started!!!
1 Like   February 9, 2014 at 1:19AM
debbyhitch
How about a family timeline mural created from a series of family photos from way back to the present day - in this digital age we never print off our images to share with family and friends - it's nice to look back and see how the kids have changed and relive those happy memories!
3 Likes   February 9, 2014 at 1:59AM
fams
Love the Bookcases idea-books are threatening to take over my house , and here, Functionality meets aesthetics beautifully! Great idea! I can buy books without thinking where to store them !
2 Likes   February 9, 2014 at 2:31AM
clareree
Framed mirrors add instant glamour and can inject colour or tone into the hallway. Added bonus ... The light can be deflected and create the illusion of more space and brightness.
0 Likes   February 9, 2014 at 2:50AM
keira143
All equally great ways, in keeping with the style of my house I had to vote for the rug to immediately brighten up the hallway. Wish I had more space to put in the bookshelves :)
1 Like   February 9, 2014 at 2:58AM
Stephen Jones
Photo gallery is best option to those on a budget and it just needs a hammer. All the others (except carpet,) are more construction (but still all great) It's fun finding random picture frames from little shops and markets and in this day of digital photo's who actually prints them out nowadays?? A great excuse to look through all those images forgotten on your hard disk!
0 Likes   February 9, 2014 at 3:15AM
tonyamf
The bookcase hands down. It's function isn't limited to just books you can display framed mirrors to reflect light, display photos, artwork. You could paint the inside back wall of the bookcase with an accent paint color or even mirror the back instead. Install glass shelves and down lighting or just a small lamp on a shelf. There are so many possibilities with a bookcase!
1 Like   February 9, 2014 at 3:26AM
sunnie2day
Our only hallway in our current (a temporary whilst hunting a permanent) is the entry hall and so basic one could describe it as 'just the facts, ma'am', lol! It's short (about 15') and very narrow - arms outstretched nearly reach both sides.

So we lost the bizarre orange wall paint for white walls, installed a wall mounted coat rack on one side and on the other a small sofa table under a wall mounted antique oak framed mirror. We threw down a very cheap runner over the carpet and called it done.

We fully expect to have more hallways in the next home as my son and grandson are joining us to create a 3-generation home. The landing-hallway will definitely be the family library if we are lucky enough to find a two storey with a generously sized upper hall.
0 Likes   February 9, 2014 at 5:06AM
tamea
If there is room, a cabinet with a lamp would add a nice touch.
0 Likes   February 9, 2014 at 5:09AM
annhamer
I love picture galleries in hallways. Also like the large painting over wainscoting.
0 Likes   February 9, 2014 at 6:40AM
imgood2
Actually I'd like to change my vote. I'll go for the rug because it is the one that needs the least maintenance. The mirrors would be the worst with the framed photos second. Too much work to keep clean.
0 Likes   February 9, 2014 at 6:57AM
Should You Sell Or Should You Stay
It is the last hallway that I like best, but I would take down all the mirrors and replace them with them with large pieces of art on canvas. When designing a floor plan I try and stay away from long and narrow hallways. I prefer hallway rooms where you can place some furniture. That being said, here are some images of narrow hallway solutions.
2 Likes   February 9, 2014 at 6:59AM
Should You Sell Or Should You Stay
.
2 Likes   February 9, 2014 at 7:00AM
Should You Sell Or Should You Stay
.
1 Like   February 9, 2014 at 7:01AM
Should You Sell Or Should You Stay
.
2 Likes   February 9, 2014 at 7:02AM
Deborah K Design
Lighting is always a win win. Updating old fixtures to adding a decorative element plus increasing visibility is a added benefit. Love my electrician.
0 Likes   February 9, 2014 at 7:06AM
tamif
Bookcases, The fact that the built in bookcases not only are visually appealing and adding some dimension to the space but they are allowing your books to be at your finger tips and the colors of the spines all add to the beauty of the space. I Love this look and functionality
would love the opportunity to utilize this design in my home
1 Like   February 9, 2014 at 7:40AM
alfie2006
I love black and white photos. Ansel Adams is my favorite photographer so my hallway is a gallery of AA photographs as well as many other B and W I've collected over the years from art festivals, etc.
1 Like   February 9, 2014 at 7:41AM
toniaworley
I have photos in my hallway but if I had the space I would have the bookcases.
1 Like   February 9, 2014 at 8:12AM
laurie0714
The built in bookcase and shelving are very nice and might eliminate the need for using a room for an Office. My hallway is too narrow for this but there is a doorway at the end of the hall with a wall you can see when the door opened. The doorways on each side are staggered, so you see wall space when you leave the bedrooms and bathroom; so I have small pieces of artwork in these places. But, our remodel will include widening our foyer from 4' to 8' and a hallway into the new master suite with opportunity to decorate with vignettes like a grandfather clock, table with lamps and a mirror, or a bench.
1 Like   February 9, 2014 at 8:16AM
montavas
I think a lot depends on how wide the hallway is and the length before choosing best design options. A long and narrow one would look great with the extra lighting and an area rug running the entire length. A wider hallway would look amazing with wainscoting and a picture gallery. I would scatter a few mirrors in there, as well.
1 Like   February 9, 2014 at 8:21AM
bhclaire
Bookcase--both beautiful and functional!
1 Like   February 9, 2014 at 8:44AM
carlaheverly
Decorating your hallways with mirrors maximizes light in a typically low-light area. I have my hallways decorated with my mirror collection--and no, I don't particularly like staring at myself. : )
0 Likes   February 9, 2014 at 9:12AM
black_raven
Love pictures in the hallway: they are displayed discreetly so that my guests don't have to look at them and I can look at them whenever I want. They also add a touch of home-iness to which I gravitate.
0 Likes   February 9, 2014 at 9:42AM
pupsmom
I love pictures. They tell a story about the owner and create a Segway to conversation. I would keep them simple and in sepia tone with connected yet different frames.
0 Likes   February 9, 2014 at 9:53AM
ksmithcj
My antique church pew is a nice reminder of days gone by. It has spent time in almost everyroom in the house. My fondest memory was in the childrens room with a collection of teddy bears arranged on it. Teddy bears now replaced with ever changing pillows and the pew greets us in the hallway.
1 Like   February 9, 2014 at 10:09AM
klstitches
I love the built in cabinet idea, it is appealing to look at, breaks up the wall, and the storage is ALWAYS welcome!
1 Like   February 9, 2014 at 10:22AM
Cristina Yu
Bookcases are very practical. You can't go wrong with more storage space.
2 Likes   February 9, 2014 at 10:27AM
jbgoeller
Bookcases make the hallway very interesting. Love the extra storage. I have a large bookcase in the landing on my 2nd floor.
2 Likes   February 9, 2014 at 10:33AM
warrak
I love the bookcase . We have recently downsized and this hint has given us the answer to put our books.
2 Likes   February 9, 2014 at 10:57AM
Kim Hansen
My vote is for the bookshelves. It's a wonderful use of the space and books are written art.
2 Likes   February 9, 2014 at 11:26AM
Wedan Properties (Haig( Inc.
I voted for "Wains Cotting" because I have 2 boys. When sports equipment is banged against the wall, or shoes thrown, or even the occassional football thrown, hockey puck shot or baseball pitched.... it is a Great way to prevent damage. It also can be wiped down to maintain a clean look.
0 Likes   February 9, 2014 at 11:43AM
andrea6617
I have a photo gallery along the wall of our second floor hallway and love it. Everyone that visits stops to look at the pictures and comments with a "oh, I remember..." I enjoy seeing them everyday, especially now that my kids have all moved out, I can see them as they grew.
1 Like   February 9, 2014 at 11:45AM
anne dee
Another nice arrangement
1 Like   February 9, 2014 at 11:47AM
dkkahler
I love clocks and it would be fun to fill hallway walls with different size clocks.
1 Like   February 9, 2014 at 12:03PM
anne dee
It might get noisy when the hour strikes ;-)
a clock symphony
0 Likes   February 9, 2014 at 12:32PM
bsdwallen
I have a narrow hallway and like the wainscoting painted with a semi-gloss or satin would brighten it up.
0 Likes   February 9, 2014 at 12:33PM
mrscrouse
I love the bookcases. Its a functional way to use the space when you don't have room for bookcases anywhere else. We love books--such good friends. I love to mix books and small framed pictures, and small figurines. I also like to stack the books in different ways--some side by side, some top to bottom. It uses the space more efficiently. Even a small lamp or two on the bookcases would be pretty.
2 Likes   February 9, 2014 at 1:58PM
danieBOB
I'd actually do a mix if photos and mirrors. Hallways make perfect galleries.
0 Likes   February 9, 2014 at 2:13PM
Kubota Raffensperger
I like the idea of the bookshelves. I have so many books in my home. This would be a great place for them and it would free up areas other places in my home.
2 Likes   February 9, 2014 at 2:35PM
Vanessa Moore
Love the rug, super cute!!
1 Like   February 9, 2014 at 3:07PM
fishyfins
I would vote for the carpet and lighting. Adding bookcases in the hallway, as interesting as they might seem, would just tend to collect junk, as in a quick place to put something "temporary" but then the item never seems to get put away in the proper place; therefore it can become a messy and cluttered look quite easily.
0 Likes   February 9, 2014 at 3:22PM
By Design
Mirrors add light reflection and interest to a usually dim and small space.
1 Like   February 9, 2014 at 3:28PM
glass1015
If my hallways were wider I would love a bookcase or two. As it is I have the beginnings of a family photo gallery that I plan to add to in the near future! I decorate my present hallway for each holiday to liven it up!
2 Likes   February 9, 2014 at 3:34PM
mil1946
love the simple striped rug...no crowding and no dust collectors.
0 Likes   February 9, 2014 at 3:40PM
Ken Crocker
Love the look of wainscot. In a hallway it give it more traditional elegance and can make the hall look longer.
0 Likes   February 9, 2014 at 3:43PM
face39
The murual. Different, takes no space, won't trip on it, don't have to dust it! If you put up a world map you can dream of your next adventure. If you put up a map of the night sky...well, no limits!
0 Likes   February 9, 2014 at 3:45PM
realkiekey
Since I just painted my hallway and am getting ready to update my photo gallery I have to go with the photo gallery. It's been a long time since I selected photos so it's a fun project to choose new pics of the grandkids to include.
0 Likes   February 9, 2014 at 3:53PM
Debra Zuloaga @ Lowe's Home Improvement
I like the bookcases because they are very versatile. You can add baskets, framed photos,
art pieces, etc.
2 Likes   February 9, 2014 at 4:13PM
lhosch
Pictures pictures puctures!
0 Likes   February 9, 2014 at 4:32PM
Coco Nuts
Bookcases? Why did i not think of that? I have a pile of books screaming at me from below my spiral staircase "Build us a bookcase woman!". Definitely not mirrors,I'd scare myself to death in the mornings,got a dodgy ticker.
2 Likes   February 9, 2014 at 4:38PM
smarty88
I voted for the wainscoting because it adds character and formality to a house, but I would also do the runner and a cabinet if I had a little nook. :)
0 Likes   February 9, 2014 at 4:39PM
lisaschmo
If I had a longer hallway, I would love to have the photo gallery. Plus it would help clean out my closet, as many of my photos are in boxes there!
0 Likes   February 9, 2014 at 4:40PM
sfhamilton
I like this clean, simple and cheery entry way. The beige/tan walls are nice contrast to the white cabinetry. This color scheme emulates sand on the beach contrasted nicely with the white nautical pieces that are displayed.
0 Likes   February 9, 2014 at 4:47PM
mattit
If I were designing my house I would love the bookcases with some nice lighting in the hallway.
2 Likes   February 9, 2014 at 5:06PM
Linda
Bookcases, without a doubt! I added an 11 foot long, floor to ceiling bookcase in my basement hallway beside my staircase. Combining that with some repurposed cabinetry for the underneath space and I converted an unnecessary storage space into a whole new room.

It isn't possible to ever have too many bookshelves!
2 Likes   February 9, 2014 at 5:15PM
Leigh Crates
rug...pendant lights....rug....pendant lights....cannot decide! can I have both? :-)
0 Likes   February 9, 2014 at 5:21PM
Darla Scheuerman
I like the openness and flowing of just the rug. I have family photos up, but only because you feel like you have to. Otherwise I think this is an area that should stay a blank canvas.
0 Likes   February 9, 2014 at 5:53PM
pyarridesi
I adore books everywhere. The more room for books the better!
3 Likes   February 9, 2014 at 6:06PM
Adriana Gerardo
Bookcases make it look cozy
2 Likes   February 9, 2014 at 6:14PM
jennifer forberg
Like the mural ideas, you could make your own with life size photos made into wallpaper/ mural. Maybe some neat prints from your travels around the world... Maybe a art piece you loved in Paris and get it made into a huge mural. ! Love different ideas that not many people have and show your own creativity. Picture frames on the wall.... Well I say we can do better than that!!
1 Like   February 9, 2014 at 6:20PM
erplaut
Because I live in a 1920s co-op, my hallway is only wide enough for the flat surface treatments: murals, pictures, mirrors. Although I like the mirrors and have used them in the past, I have downsized and - along with am open concept, every wall is precious. My art hangs in the hall. (The hall is also better for the art because it has little sunlight.) with a fairly open concept unit -
2 Likes   February 9, 2014 at 6:39PM
CDH Designs
Pendant lights have my vote. I would love to add bookcases, but they just wouldn't fit in our house. Our hall is broken up and we don't have much wall space, so we couldn't add anything else. The lights would add sparkle and personality to my dim hallway.
1 Like   February 9, 2014 at 7:44PM
judithahall
The colorful rug is the perfect addition to the hallway. Freshly painted walls in a light and soothing color would add to the rug's appeal. When I stand at one end of my hallway, I look down the long expanse. Rarely do I look at the walls or up toward the ceiling, so a pleasing rug would "light" my way and add just enough color. Since hallways are almost always narrow in nature, I would feel very confined by photo or mirror galleries hanging on the walls which would seem to make the walls close in even more. A mural would be far too busy for such a narrow area and I know that I would tire of it quickly. I might enjoy some kind of lighting, but not nearly as many large, low hanging pendants as appear in the picture, again cluttering the space. Perhaps a small colorful table in the corner of one end or the other with an interesting table accent and maybe a book would serve as an anchor for the rug.
0 Likes   February 9, 2014 at 9:24PM
susanheldt
I would love to have a recessed bench/seating. Struggling to balance against walls/tables to put on boots, tying laces wether my own or more than one person at a time drives me crazy. Some recessed seating can make room for others to get coats or walk past you to the door while you get yourself together, putting on shoes, checking your purse or just waiting. No "Twister" games in the hallway for me.
1 Like   February 9, 2014 at 9:50PM
joyby
I like the photo gallery for sentimental reasons. My deceased Mother had cedar frames made for all our Senior pictures including the grandchildren. I loved looking at those photos & how much we all changed over the years. I really miss them now as I really miss my Mother. These photos were not the ones displayed, but I think they would make a good theme for a photo display.
2 Likes   February 9, 2014 at 9:51PM
houssaon
If I had the room, bookcases would be my choice, but I was surprised how it is the favorite of others.
2 Likes   February 9, 2014 at 9:55PM
lessalt
We have an art gallery in our home because we don't have enough wall space for our selection of framed art.
1 Like   February 9, 2014 at 10:04PM
LB Interiors
I think a framed landscape or seascape mural makes you feel like you are looking through a window. It visually allows the eye to see beyond the actual wall.
0 Likes   February 9, 2014 at 10:15PM
Colleen Hazzard
I like the look, practicality and versatility of the recessed niche/cabinets. Just looking at the picture gives me tons of ideas. To start, a light source, maybe a lamp or recessed lighting. Hallways can tend to be dark so adding a light will bring safety and ambiance. Another thought was you could change the decor to coincide with the seasons or holidays. And not to forget the bonus storage of the cabinets.
1 Like   February 9, 2014 at 10:36PM
HomeScapes San Diego
If you had the space I love the look of the bookcases, followed by the cabinets - if there isn't enough space I like the idea of using good lighting and fun pendant lamps - the wall of photographs seem to kind of stick out, the rug looks like a lot to keep up & something to trip on - the bookcases look great the way they are in your example.
1 Like   February 9, 2014 at 10:39PM
Alyssa Silva
I chose rug because it is a quick and easy way to decorate a hall. I love that it can easily be removed at any time. And it can change with the seasons! A less permanent decor item like a rug is fun to shop for !
0 Likes   February 9, 2014 at 11:10PM
lvchica
I like the photo gallery the best! It's a blank canvas to remember fun events, trips and/or display your own photography! I travel and dabble in photography so I've been working on a gallery wall myself!
1 Like   February 9, 2014 at 11:13PM
suzanne_m
I like the cabinet. The option of using pendant lighting is nice too but I would use a different style of lighting and I not put that many.
0 Likes   February 9, 2014 at 11:21PM
feliciadana
I like the cabinet. You can put different artwork on top of the cabinet, depends on the season (Christmas, Chinese new year, Easter, etc). In the cabinet, we can put shoes, keys, umbrella and other thing you need when you leave the house)
0 Likes   February 9, 2014 at 11:46PM
shilpis
I love to take photos. I take pictures everywhere I go. Whether of scenery or of my family and friends. I love capturing the moment.So Photo or picture gallery's idea is the best!
1 Like   February 10, 2014 at 12:18AM
aainsulation1
I love the bookcases! What a great use of space - both in aesthetics and function.
1 Like   February 10, 2014 at 2:38AM
mjh1150
love the map mural idea -- great way to "dream" of the next great destination
1 Like   February 10, 2014 at 2:56AM
Brenda Szuszczewicz Mayer
I like the row of round pendants. my entry is still a work in progress.
1 Like   February 10, 2014 at 3:07AM
Vicki Prunty
I don't like to have family photos everywhere, but grouped together down the hallway leading to the bathroom is perfect for our family. Displayed in the hallway leading to the bathroom is a good way to capture the attention of family and friends. It fosters conversations about "I remember when", "Who's that?", or "Where was that taken?" Only the truly interested will ask. Others won't feel uncomfortable not asking.
0 Likes   February 10, 2014 at 5:43AM
Bill Yockey
The mirror wall, because they look like they have been collected over time. Second Choice is other, which would be to wallpaper the hall, because it is a chance to have fun and make it stand out.
1 Like   February 10, 2014 at 5:49AM
Sigrid
My entry needs a rug.
0 Likes   February 10, 2014 at 6:55AM
dorgalo1
Love the book cases.
1 Like   February 10, 2014 at 6:59AM
awestman
I have a busy household.. Meaning three kids, two dogs and a husband, which is like a fourth child. In our hall, the bottom half is all chalkboard and at the end, we have a floor to ceiling section of it. The hall is wide so it works without smudging on folks and the kids love to create daily messages and murals.
2 Likes   February 10, 2014 at 7:09AM
Studio M Interior Design
One of my favorite hall/entryway projects that I did had a new coastal vibe. Tons of artwork, cool colors, and a beautiful entry table. Check it out:
2 Likes   February 10, 2014 at 7:22AM
HomeStory Easy Door Installation
One of the best ways to decorate a hallway is with new interior doors. New hallway doors completely transform the hallway and a home. Attached are some photos of before and after photos and you can see what a huge difference it makes.
0 Likes   February 10, 2014 at 8:34AM
Garuda Woven Art Rugs
I prefer rugs along with a few pieces of artwork...
2 Likes   February 10, 2014 at 9:28AM
Fran Black
I like the cabinets. I've done this and it is easy, functional and attractive.
0 Likes   February 10, 2014 at 10:41AM
emuller39
I like the photo gallery. I have tried some of the other ideas too.
0 Likes   February 10, 2014 at 1:12PM
Kelly Jabar
I like the picture gallery. It is inexpensive, and a great conversation starter
0 Likes   February 10, 2014 at 1:17PM
Lowes Home Improvement
I love books, cookbooks, mysteries, art books...you name it, I LOVE it. What a great place to display and stand and wait to use the restroom!
2 Likes   February 10, 2014 at 2:12PM
houseatthelake
Panel moulding and artwork
0 Likes   February 10, 2014 at 2:35PM
chiefjoe
I like to travel, so the idea of a full mural on that wal would be great! With my wall, it's panelled with Coastal Rustic Cedar, and it is ruff with slivers if you are not careful.
1 Like   February 10, 2014 at 2:38PM
Decor Team
Pictures in an entryway make the home more inviting as it gives a sense of those who live there.
0 Likes   February 10, 2014 at 2:53PM
Elaine Buck
I like the bookcase idea. Get a big bang for the money spent on hallway bookcases...lots of book storage space as well as plenty of room to display treasures gathered from our travels. Picture frame galleries get bumped with everyday use, rug runners get bunched (and tripped over), and many hallways aren't large enough to accommodate cabinetry
1 Like   February 10, 2014 at 3:16PM
myrange
I voted for the library. A dedicated library in a home is something that many could not afford. The hallway library is a great idea to display books that would otherwise end up in boxes and on closet shelves.
1 Like   February 10, 2014 at 4:33PM
Ellen Schafer-decker
Elaine Buck... You saved me a lot of typing! The rug shown is not even smooth. I have moved a lot so have had all but the mirrors at one time or another. A good, well padded runner is not a bad idea. My vote went to the bookcases.
0 Likes   February 10, 2014 at 5:07PM
Woodleys Fine Furniture/Design
Doing a lot of work in city properties, my projects don't have wide hallways with the space for lots of stuff hanging from the walls, so I frequently use runners as an inexpensive (relatively) way to add color and direction to a long hallway. I like to use a small console at the end of the hallway with a favored art piece or handsome vase with good-quality botanicals to add interest and scale.
1 Like   February 10, 2014 at 5:40PM
Cindy C.
Of course bookcases! What better way to display your treasured books and show off your nerdy side by adding beautiful & majestic bookcases to your hallways!
3 Likes   February 10, 2014 at 6:19PM
Kathie McCarter
I just repainted my hallway a beautiful light tan and then painted a huge chocolate brown tree! Finally, I added my favorite pictures of our family in various sizes and shapes and finished with a birdhouse! I love it! ♥
3 Likes   February 10, 2014 at 6:44PM
abraho
I like the bookcases! My father's hallway is lined with them and they are filled with such interesting, personal things that add a lot of warmth. In my house, however, I'd love to line my halls with padding as my laundry, toy, etc. laden arms are constantly bumping into walls. Hmm, perhaps a padded closet I can lock myself into (to escape said laundry and toys) could be at the end of the hall?!
2 Likes   February 10, 2014 at 6:47PM
the essentials inside
Bookcases in the hallway is the way I would go, instead of the clutter in another room.
0 Likes   February 10, 2014 at 8:13PM
Sequins
Cabinet - shoe cabinet to hide cluttered entrance with drawers to hold keys etc
0 Likes   February 10, 2014 at 8:24PM
lindaarguello
Bookcases lining the hall!! Not only for books, but collectables too. Add a plugin or two to a couple of shelves, and add a small lamp, or e-picture frame. Beautifully unexpected for the unsuspecting guest, and always enjoyable for you as you make your way down the hallway.
3 Likes   February 10, 2014 at 8:56PM
jpecka
I love the picture gallery idea because it really makes the house look like it's yours. I'm really into taking pictures at every family/friend event. It's always nice to showcase those photos and have them be where everyone can see them.
1 Like   February 10, 2014 at 9:06PM
ruthandzeke
I love my wall of photos I have to change them out as we all change our lives and companions and new babies and additions to our wall of pictures
0 Likes   February 10, 2014 at 9:26PM
bajatejo
I like the book shelves! It allows everyone in the house to select a book without having to possibly invade someone privacy, say in a library.Where they may keep personal things not for everyone's eyes.
1 Like   February 11, 2014 at 1:22AM
zellla
There is a nice simplicity and drama to this hallway...gets my vote!
0 Likes   February 11, 2014 at 7:31AM
Adrian J. Naquin Interior Design L.L.C.
Built in niche relieve the acceleration factor of a long hallway and makes what ever you display more important and less temporary / transitional ( ex: like artwork)
0 Likes   February 11, 2014 at 7:41AM
lkchance66
My son and I have hundreds (if not thousands) of books, so added bookcases would always be benefical for keeping things tidy and not piled beside our existing bookcases! :-/
1 Like   February 11, 2014 at 8:11AM
hfguy
I do like the bookcases since we are readers they look sharp!!! hg
1 Like   February 11, 2014 at 11:09AM
pamelasailor7
I am always a fan of sharing photos, special moments, even great greeting cards and the hallway is a great place to do that. : ) P.S. Houzz rules! I love your website!
1 Like   February 11, 2014 at 11:15AM
Irja Maripuu
cabinets to hide all the gloves, hats etc.
0 Likes   February 11, 2014 at 11:19AM
ruthandzeke
My hallway is very small our house was built in the 1930s so they built the home with big rooms and small hallway I feel like if we added a mirror and some light we would like it better we even have the chandler to put in there we just have the money
2 Likes   February 11, 2014 at 11:20AM
Teneik Martin
I vote for a combo. Wainscoting with a smaller photo gallery mixed with mirrors.
0 Likes   February 11, 2014 at 5:15PM
mrslilly1
I like the mirror gallery-we have a narrow dark hallway and the mirrors could reflect light.
0 Likes   February 11, 2014 at 6:26PM
MKF
I've been lucky or unlucky depends on how you look at it. Haven't had a long hall way to deal with, but if I did have one I would like a combination of mirrors and familly pictures. Shelves for books are great but most hallways would end up to "crowded" unless planned that way to beging with.
0 Likes   February 12, 2014 at 4:26AM
mattietc55
I think adding a rug to your hallway would be the perfect instant update-allowing you the time to plan and execute one of the more time consuming ideas.
0 Likes   February 12, 2014 at 5:06AM
redpoint
This is a great rug, enlivening the space.
0 Likes   February 12, 2014 at 6:19AM
Sea View Studio
Love bookcases for my ever growing book collection
1 Like   February 12, 2014 at 6:52AM
jkl46
I like the photo gallery. I have that in my hallway - both sides and up the steps and down that hallway. We call it our "hall of fame."
1 Like   February 12, 2014 at 7:08AM
em&a
I voted for the gallery idea. Hallways are the PERFECT place to hang family photos. In fact, depending on how many you have, devoting an entire hallway wall to one family member is a great way to celebrate that person (who doesn't love to be celebrated?). For example, in my parents' home, the walls of the long, narrow hall between the master bedroom and office are filled with pieces highlighting my retired dad's career milestones (framed newspaper articles, a brass doorknob from a building in which he worked that was presented to him by the employees in appreciation of his contributions, a really cool caricature, etc.) as well as some highlights from his personal life (including a framed "certificate" commemorating the hole-in-one he shot while golfing with his buddies—which they all signed). Displaying these things in a private corridor, away from main living areas, allows him to pause and reflect on all he's achieved without "showing off" to visitors.
2 Likes   February 12, 2014 at 7:25AM
em&a
@erplaut: you're right-on about keeping art out of harm's way--the sun!--by displaying favorite pieces in a hall. I have underestimated just how much damage can be done to not only artwork, but furniture, wood flooring, and rugs, by placing them in rooms that get a lot of direct sunlight. To that end I've had Vista window film installed on all the windows on the front side of my house (because we can't move EVERYTHING to a interior hallway!) and it's really great stuff.
1 Like   February 12, 2014 at 7:43AM
colours and spaces by Meredyth
If the hall is narrow, a wall of pictures loses its impact, you can't really look at them, and there probably would be a better place to display them to advantage. I love the idea of having a "destination" in a long narrow hallway, so my choice would be the runner. The colours are cheerful, the horizontal stripe widens the space and it either leads you in to the house, or shows you out. That gets my vote for that particular hallway. Though every home and every hallway demands its own special treatment.
3 Likes   February 12, 2014 at 9:58AM
leslieen
Leslie
My vote is for the book shelves, as that is what I did in my upstairs hallway. I would have loved to do built ins unfortunately we didn't think of it before hand. Either way it a great way/place to display or store your favorite books that you just cant get rid of. Now all I need is a bigger hallway!!!!
1 Like   February 12, 2014 at 2:02PM
susanmitch
Love the bookshelves
0 Likes   February 12, 2014 at 3:28PM
LM Designers
I also love the bookcases. It is the perfect place for rows of books.
0 Likes   February 12, 2014 at 4:08PM
kimberlybroome6
Pictures make it more home like
0 Likes   February 12, 2014 at 4:29PM
Patricia Aytes
Love the picture gallery. I inherited many family photo's when my Mom died and I love looking at them and sharing them with family and friends
0 Likes   February 12, 2014 at 6:39PM
Studio i8
two demi - lune tables and a needlepoint tufted chair and hung art work from studioi8.com
0 Likes   February 12, 2014 at 7:11PM
Malgorzata Czerniak
I like pendant lighting. It can add character to any space even very small. In addition with a good choice of lighting we can go from a simple contemporary look to opulent baroque style.
0 Likes   February 14, 2014 at 6:28AM
Kathie McCarter
3 Likes   February 14, 2014 at 7:02AM
John-Chris Mette
I like the bookcases. Adds just the right amount of homeyness!
0 Likes   February 14, 2014 at 6:17PM
marthayamnitz
I like the lighting since it is unique and simple, but those lights sure would look amazing with that rug!
0 Likes   February 15, 2014 at 4:17PM
Designer's Edge Kitchen & Bath
Love the book shelves. Sometimes, room can be found under staircases and in the space between studs in a wall that allows the bookcase to be slightly recessed. This may be just the borrowed space needed to keep a narrow hallway from becoming too narrow. Found this photo on houzz.
1 Like   February 15, 2014 at 4:53PM
Lynn Westrich
None of the above! I want to be drawn into the home.
1 Like   February 17, 2014 at 3:00PM
mommickey
I like the table or the hallway with color and a picture at the end. I really like an almost empty hallway. No clutter and simply draws you in.
1 Like   February 17, 2014 at 4:55PM
Jeannie Nguyen
CONGRATULATIONS to Bill Yockey for winning a Houzz t-shirt! If you missed out on this one, you still have a chance to get your comments into our Budget Decorator poll! http://www.houzz.com/discussions/847310/Comment-for-a-chance-to-win--POLL--Budget
2 Likes   February 18, 2014 at 8:40AM
Patricia Aytes
A big basket for shoes that are shed the moment someone walks in (all my family does this! A table with a lamp to draw people into the warmth of your home.
1 Like   February 18, 2014 at 10:14AM
Patricia Aytes
I love the idea of the family tree painted on the wall, but would rather have eit in a larger room like maybe the den. It is really a cute way to show off family pictures!
1 Like   February 18, 2014 at 10:16AM
sabway
use an old door with lites, add pictures and hooks, and voila!
4 Likes   March 14, 2014 at 8:34AM
suzanne_m
sabway, this is a very creative idea. Love it!
2 Likes   March 14, 2014 at 8:42AM
chookchook2
A person should follow their ancestral heritage. In my case Celtic. That would mean heads of my enemies displayed on the walls. Does anyone know how I can get MILs head home on the plane undetected by sniffer dogs? Lavender bags maybe? Does anyone know a reputable faux head manufacturer? Hanging instructions also needed.
3 Likes   March 14, 2014 at 3:22PM
chookchook2
Conversation with MIL in my hall :- MIL criticise , repeat x infinity
Me :- "quit while you're a head."
3 Likes   March 14, 2014 at 3:26PM
Michael Lee, Inc
Picture wall adds personality to the hallway and what better place to show off!!!
1 Like   March 14, 2014 at 3:28PM
armygirl1987
I am planning a picture wall to display all my awards and family pictures since I was forced to declutter my wall unit.
2 Likes   March 14, 2014 at 4:41PM
okdokegal
I hate dark dank dingy hallways. The whiter, lighter, the better. Easy to pass through.

Put two sets of lights up, one for 'fashion runway' bright so if I want to see where I'm going or do something like clean big muddy dog prints, cat urp, or big muddy hubby shoeprints; I can see to do the job. The other set, go to LED strip running lights for at night 'I need to get from A to B and not break my face' to get there.

In some places, running art along one or both walls may be fine; it depends on what the hallway links or what opens to the hall. If it is a back door or front door type end; some way of containing the water, dirt, mud, snow, etc at the door, catch coats and boots and shoes; the mail, the paper, and all those other things; is very important.

If it's a short hall off to the master suite, it might be a good place to put the laundry alcove; or lots of storage in a wide hall space. Built in wall drawers and such; for linens and a few seasonals (such as light windbreakers or such that might be used infrequently). If it banks to a lookover into a main lower area (say a stairs goes up to it then it proceeds to bedrooms) it would be perfect for a gallery, and if wide enough, some benching to admire the art or whatever...

There is no one catchall here. I had a very dim hallway here that led from the living area to the 'public' bathroom and two bedrooms and it was the usual dim as all getout; even with a fixture with 3 60 watt bulbs. Painted it all white, paneling and all. Nope. Had a dead end at the bedroom doors so I put 72" long mirror strips on the end wall trying to brighten it up... hubby flicked on light, walked down it, and yelled for me. That mirror on the end wall apparently was enough to make him want to diet, and he hated it. I lugged him the scale, and the mirrors stayed up until the remodel started. Most of one side's wall was removed; that finally lightened the space up (wall was not structural, it had been built of 1x3's and 1/4" luan based paneling, I do not kid)

If you have enough hallway I do like the idea of bookcases along them as well, but again you need width.
1 Like   March 14, 2014 at 6:47PM
chookchook2
Army, Houzzers didn't force you did they? What did they threaten you with? Swagged valances? Secretly painting your walls puce when you were out? Fabric ducks in bonnets called Jenny?
2 Likes   March 14, 2014 at 9:11PM
chookchook2
Yes, we have bookcases, but don't know what we'll do if we're in a wheelchair.
1 Like   March 14, 2014 at 9:14PM
armygirl1987
@chookchook2-No I had all my daughters, family members pictures posted on top of and inside wall unit. It needed it. LOL
1 Like   March 14, 2014 at 9:22PM
chookchook2
Could use Jenny as a decoy duck. The other ducks would be so flabbergasted they'd sit still for you to bag them. Duck a'lorange.
1 Like   March 14, 2014 at 9:25PM
1 Like   March 14, 2014 at 10:17PM
edithsmom
Thanks chookchook.
1 Like   March 14, 2014 at 10:18PM
chookchook2
Don't just leave it in the hall. Like Wiki says, take it to the park. As long as it wipes its feet when it gets back. Need a rug inside the front door. As we teach our kitten:- "one foot, two foot, red foot, blue foot."
0 Likes   March 14, 2014 at 10:21PM
chookchook2
The kitten thinks we're normal.
1 Like   March 14, 2014 at 10:22PM
robynedwards10
It was between the photos and bookcases - but a picture can tell a whole story in a single moment. Love pictures!
2 Likes   March 14, 2014 at 11:17PM
chookchook2
Door was left open
0 Likes   March 15, 2014 at 1:36AM
Alina Jebby
I love the picture gallery,,,when you take a walk through the hallway, its like reminiscing those precious moments that you have captured and framed. we will really feel energized n happy. its the best idea to decorate your hallway.... a walk that hive us the flashes of the life that we lived till this moment.
3 Likes   March 15, 2014 at 1:59AM
Alina Jebby
*give
1 Like   March 15, 2014 at 2:25AM
Studio CMT
Being an Artist/Painter myself I am quite partial to the Picture Gallery. You can never go wrong with displaying Art that you love.
0 Likes   June 20, 2014 at 2:28PM
Go Nautical Collections
You can find many nautical theme framed art here http://gonautical.com/nautical-decor-c-2.html
0 Likes   August 9, 2014 at 11:58AM
Paint Color Poll -- Entry Foyer & Hallways (Center Hall Colonial)
I am painting my entryway and hallways in our open...
Christine Corrigan
POLL: Budget decorator
Everyone likes to save money! So we want to know what...
Houzz Polls
POLL: Halloween Decorations
Halloween is near and we want to know how you decorate...
Houzz Polls
Thoughts for bathroom
Hi all, We are currently building a minimalist house....
teddo
Please help completing my great room
It is a very bare space at the moment as I have focused...
Stefanie
How can I clean this !!!
It is a very old .
gala12
What chairs do I buy for the table??
Hey guys...this all oak dining table is finally done...
Sarah Strang
Cushions please
Hi all , which type of cushion would go with this sofa...
adismom