New Construction Exterior Options
Trish
We are building a new home and need to pick our exterior. We would like to do a combination of brick, stone and Hardie board. Any suggestions for placement and/or color would be great!! The drawings are not complete but it will give you an idea of what the house will look like. Also, any other exterior suggestions or landscaping ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Alana A. Busse
I would do brick on the blue part of the pillars, stone one the house up to the bottom of the windows on the 1st story & then Hardie he rest of the way up. Who ever did your 3D could show you what that would look like.
0 Likes   Thanked by Trish    February 10, 2014 at 10:04PM
Red Berm
I would not combine three material on the exterior of the house. The more materials the smaller a space feels and with a new house I would definitely want it to feel as spacious as possible. That said I would not use brink but only use stone and hardie board. Your paving should match the stone and be flagstone or cut stone. The landscape should be native and flowering plants but it's hard to give suggestions when I don't know where you live. Also the front "porch" entry feels small to me. Is there any way to extend that over the front of the house? Also the backyard doesn't seem to have any built areas for entertainment, ie fire pit, bbq. If you need help designing those items I'm a landscape designer and I can help.
1 Like   Thanked by Trish    February 11, 2014 at 7:03PM
Trish
Thanks for your comments. We love the look of stone and we were thinking if we used some brick similar in color to the stone we could save a little money on the material. At this point, I'm not sure that we can change the front porch area. We live in East TN.
0 Likes   February 12, 2014 at 7:38AM
Flooring options for basement (walk-out) new construction
Debating flooring options for our new home...walk-out...
pool and exterior options for new homebuyer
1) in reference to this gem: http://c379293.r93.cf2.rackcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/james-silverman5.jpg the...
Need Help with Exterior Colors on New Construction!!
We like grays and beiges, I want something traditional...
Exterior Look - New Construction
I received a lot of great advice from this forum when...
What are your thoughts about this floor plan.
Please let me know what you think please. Mostly the...
Back yard
My neighbor doesn't clean up after their dog, I need...
bathroom wall mirror size
5ftx5ft space with 60 vanity ,, what would b smallest...
Dreaming Green
We purchased a new construction home. The builder put...
What to place??
Hello fellow Houzz-ians, So my family and I have been...