Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pab421

per our question regarding pendant lights, pictures are attached

pab421
10 years ago
counter is 6 ft. x 23 inches wide should I use two pendants or three, I was thinking two because the light fixture over the kitchen table already has three. Also the pendant lights will be from the same family/style as the light fixture but much smaller in size.

Comments (8)

• PRO
    Whispar Design
    10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago
    Definitely two - three would crowd the space. I also agree with above that they do not have to be the exact same family but should complement each other.
  • User
    10 years ago
    Two. Normally, I agree that a slightly different style could be nice, but the simple understated elegance of the fixture over the table would be overshadowed by anything of much difference.
  • pab421
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    I like the suggested pendents Wyland Interior Design posted. Was wondering if you thought it might be too much brown with the granite and dark cabinets. Also if I wanted to purchase these how and where can I do that?
  • User
    10 years ago
    Of course they will go good with the kitchen, or she wouldn't have picked them ;D
    But, of course we are looking at things through a computer screen.
  • PRO
    Wyland Interior Design Center
    10 years ago
    Hi pab421,
    I just noticed your questions.

I think any of the pendants I posted above would complement the granite and wood. No, I don't think there is too much brown since the all have more golden tones. When choosing pendants over an island or peninsula, you want it to match the colors in the kitchen area to define that area, but have it blend with the seating area. I have sold so many of the Tech Lighting and LBL Lighting brands to my clients. Each are good quality products. Both there website are pretty accurate in their colors.

Check out both of their website to view other colors and styles. They also offer more subdued colored fixtures as well. I like the splash of color. I see you have some splashes of red around the kitchen, what about a red fixture? See below photos.

In terms of where to purchase them, any local lighting store in your area can help you. They may have some of them on display. Also Lamps Plus or Lighting Universe sells them.
  • pab421
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    my husband likes the emi light chocolate/brown and I like the amber Nebbia Pendant...but no way will I spend $600.00 for one light. I did find the EMI on Lumens.com for about 220.00 thanks for your help I really appreciate it and you were very helpful. I will try to find them in a store to look at because I'm not good with trying to visualize on-line.
  • PRO
    Wyland Interior Design Center
    10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago
    Yes, they are more expensive. Most of them are LED light / low voltage. They eventually would pay for themselves, since the hardly take any electricity to run. I'm sure you can find them less than that somewhere.