Wall Behind the Sofa
ncclayton1
Any advice on what I should put on this wall? The Love Seat is not centered, so I'm not sure how to proceed! Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Warner Decor
Hi! Lovely area! I like your rug (I think I have it in my house haha!). For your wall, I think I would possibly do a grouping of floating shelves and place art on them. here is an example:
http://deciture.com/shop/decor/7/euro-floating-wall-shelf/ (comes in other colors)

Or you could do a grouping like this, but instead of hanging them vertically, you can do them horizontally from top to bottom, staggard, Like this:

_________________

http://deciture.com/shop/decor/7/rays-wall-plaque-set-3/http://deciture.com/shop/decor/7/rays-wall-plaque-set-3/
February 10, 2014 at 5:02PM      Thanked by ncclayton1
Warner Decor
Oops! It submitted before I was done! Here is what I am talking about:

_____________
______________
______________

Here is some wall art as well that you could place on the shelves:
http://deciture.com/shop/decor/7/ebony-framed-wall-art-set-4/
February 10, 2014 at 5:03PM      Thanked by ncclayton1
Addison Design
First, pull your sofa closer to the ottoman, 12-15 inches is all you need between the front of the sofa & loveseat and your ottoman. Then put a side table with a lamp on top between the sofa & loveseat. This will help hide the fact your loveseat is not centered. Finally, hang art centered over the loveseat and you'll be good to go.
February 10, 2014 at 5:13PM      Thanked by ncclayton1
statenislandnewyork
angle the loveseat by the windows or pull it closer to the center. but, hang wall art from the ceiling (all the way down). not symmetrically, just random. looks just beautiful & quite professional. my wall has everything from new York, which is where I live. the center is a large picture of 'grand central station' & the rest are smaller frames of just everything else. choose your theme & go for it.
February 10, 2014 at 5:26PM      Thanked by ncclayton1
Pull everything--rug, ottoman, loveseat--back to the sofa. The arms on sofa and loveseat should almost touch. Put a round end table in the space between them with a lamp that makes a statement like the mercury glass one below. Center artwork over the loveseat. You might choose something that has a color other than brown, then find a pillow or two that coordinates with the artwork. That should do it.
February 10, 2014 at 6:11PM        Thanked by ncclayton1
ncclayton1
@groveraxle you don't think I need two ways to enter the "sitting area"...that is why I have a space between the Sofa and Love Seat. Thank you for the suggestions!:)
February 10, 2014 at 6:16PM   
abbyjean
What if you switched the love seat and the couch.....then could the couch be centered on the wall easier? And walking room left between the couch and love seat like you prefer?
February 10, 2014 at 6:18PM   
It's a Beautiful World!
This may work, you can regroup the framed pieces to serve your needs, of course... Raisa
February 10, 2014 at 6:32PM      Thanked by ncclayton1
ncclayton1
@abbyjean it doesn't work when I do it that way..I tried
February 10, 2014 at 6:36PM   
abbyjean
OK. Then I think grover may have the best suggestion for you space and how it will work with the wall and the love seat.
February 10, 2014 at 6:38PM   
Your comment about two ways to enter the "sitting area" makes me laugh. On another thread I suggested an arrangement and the poster's husband threatened to jump over the sofa if she put if where I recommended. LOL

No, I don't think you do unless you have a like-minded husband. And if you do, tell him he needs the exercise of walking around the couch before he ensconces himself in it for the rest of the evening. ;-)
February 10, 2014 at 6:41PM        Thanked by ncclayton1
I'm guessing there's a TV on the wall opposite the sofa and that's where hubby prefers to sit and that's why abbyjean's suggestion won't work. Did I get it right?
February 10, 2014 at 6:43PM   
ncclayton1
@groveraxle you guessed it!
February 10, 2014 at 7:00PM     
Displaying objects in small home
Small house...and I am a collector! By small...1400...
Need help selecting white paint.
I am looking for a true white paint for trim. Not eye-dazzling...
Efficient kitchen triangle?
Just wondering if anyone had suggestions to make this...
Upper cabinet molding question
Love this upper cabinet molding - Could someone please...
Kitchen update? Yes or no?
I tried posting a bit ago but my pics didn't upload....