Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kouklitsa159

Help me choose wall art! Photoshopped Art into dining room!

Joanna
10 years ago
I've photoshopped a few art pieces into my dining room to get the ball rolling in finally finishing up our dining room decor! I wanted to start by finding a great art piece and work my way up from there. Please help me choose which one works best with my dining set! Art has been set to scale as best as possible!
Wall color is grayish beige. Looks more grey at night.

Comments (74)

• soto01
    10 years ago
    Hi Joanna! Did you get the chance to look at the silk taffeta curtains on overstock? If you want to stay in a more monochromatic scheme, the platinum gray or if you want to pull out some of the colors in that 5th (last) painting, the honey gold would be beautiful!
  • Marli B
    10 years ago
    I like the three photos together.. The one in the middle.. I think that it makes it POP, I love the chairs...
    Joanna thanked Marli B
  • User
    10 years ago
    Can you tell me where you found the last print? Thank you.
    Joanna thanked User
  • PRO
    Mantle Art Company
    9 years ago
    Hi Joanna - attached are a couple neat canvas pieces from Kansas City artist Rich Bowman you might consider.
  • PRO
    Cocoweb
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago
    I really like the fourth painting. it's subdued enough to not take away from the rest of the room, but it can stand well on it's own. We have some great picture lights if you're interested, they can work as a great accessory for the design in your room. These are the two finishes I would choose to go with the fourth painting and your room.
  • shal1217
    9 years ago
    Hi Joanna,

I don't have any suggestions for art (sorry) but I just had to say that I absolutely love your dining room set! Where is it from if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks!
  • PRO
    Rebecca Mitchell Interiors
    9 years ago
    Whatever you decide to hang for artwork, make sure it is framed and matted properly and not just canvas art. This is a formal, elegant space and the art needs to be as well. I don't know if anybody has already recommended a chandelier but this table definitely needs one to finish it off. Good luck from Montreal!
  • Stewart Stephenson
    9 years ago
    We have a huge selection of artwork by Stewart Stephenson with large variety of colour, styles, and sizes. Please check out: http://www.stewartstephenson.com/online_gallery to find more artwork by Stewart Stephenson!
  • PRO
    Lindsay Cowles LLC
    9 years ago
    I've got lots of great options-- in both original and print format. Originals are all oil on canvas. I am having a sale on many of my paintings at the moment. Please email me for more information. Check out my Houzz page for more information on both prints and originals. Prints can be viewed on http://lindsaycowlesfineart.bigcartel.com/category/prints
  • Chem K
    9 years ago
    #5 is the best. Timeless.
  • PRO
    Artzila
    9 years ago
    All of these look fine. If you ask enough people each will get votes. Its best to buy whatever you like the best. If you need more options, take a look at www.artzila.com
  • soto01
    9 years ago
    Hi Joanna! Just checking in to see the progress on your gorgeous dining room.....Please post some pictures and let us know the progress. You have exquisite taste -- love your style!!!
  • PRO
    Cocoweb
    9 years ago
    put this light on.
  • halfpint2
    9 years ago
    Love the horses!
  • PRO
    Cast Glass Images Inc.
    9 years ago
    A cast glass wall sculpture would be a stunning accent to your room! Colors and design can be customized. http://castglassimages.com/products/product-category.php?category=sculptures&page_no=1
  • nymomof4
    9 years ago
    THE HORSE PICTURE.....SETS OFF YOUR GORGEOUS FURNITURE!! GOOD TASTE! THE PICTURE IN trebinje POST IS ALSO MY FAVE, I PAINTED MY HOME OFF THAT DESIGN!!
  • PRO
    Fresh Paint Art Advisors
    9 years ago
    Joanna, since your dining room is minimal and clean you could select any piece of art that you like. That is the beauty of a space like this you can go simple or you could bring in a pop of color. I brought in a pop of color for this simple, clean, white dining room and it looked stunning! Although the room I completed was more open I think bringing in some color would look great in your space
  • PRO
    Vango Art - Original art from emerging artists
    9 years ago
    Hey Joanna, what did you end up going with? We would love to see the finished product.
  • PRO
    Murray Michael Original Art and Painting
    9 years ago
    Take a look at my gallery , I'm an online artist , and I could do something custom for you. my site is http:/www.abstractmodernpainting.com
  • PRO
    GONZALO DE SALAS
    9 years ago
    Hi Joana , although considering wall art you have probably thought of more conventional solutions such as paitings, as sculptor and high end furniture designer I can show you some other ideas that can give you new and more original possibilities.

I create high end wall sculptures made in rusted cor-ten steel and stainless steel. Here I post a few examples to give you an idea. I usually create and adapt them on demand , so I could even design one for you.

Cor-ten steel is a type of steel often used by sculptures. It is of the highest quality and allows a beautiful finish for indoor and outdoor sculptures.

You can see more options and have more info at :
    www.gonzalodesalas.com
    gds@gonzalodesalas.com

Hope you like them.
  • Joseline Plaisimond
    9 years ago
    The last picture is the best fit
  • PRO
    Sierra Living Concepts Inc
    9 years ago
    I like the one in the third photo. It creates a nice contrast with the black and grey and fills the space on the wall nicely
  • tcox338
    9 years ago
    I like the horses and the last pic. I think the neutrals keep it more sophisticated but the horses are so unexpected.
  • PRO
    Sarah Phelps Artist
    9 years ago
    If you like any of my paintings, I can superimpose some of my painting pics into your space! www.sarahphelps.ca
  • PRO
    Mahlstedt Gallery
    8 years ago

I think that one of our pieces by David Bush would look lovely. I work with many designers who choose his pieces for living & dining rooms. You can see more of his work here http://www.jam415.com/artist/artist-David-Bush-29.aspx

• PRO
    Cocoweb
    8 years ago

The first piece and the last piece look the best! They give the room some "pop" without overpowering the room like the other pieces do. To bring out the colors of your artwork, you should take a look at our LED picture lights.

• Jody Howard
    8 years ago

Personally, I think art should be something that speaks to you and not just a design tool. When you pass by, you should smile just seeing it on the wall. My suggestion, if original gallery art is not in your budget, is to scour estate sales in your area. You won't believe some of the finds! The picture on the right I purchased at a very high end estate sale. It just spoke to me. I didn't know where I was going to put it but I had to have it. When I got it home, I just found this space was perfect. Hopefully, this helps.

• PRO
    FaucetLux
    8 years ago

• User
    8 years ago

I like the colours of the last one but love how the third one is split up into 3 photos. Seems to fit the space better.

• PRO
    Jimmy's Art Work
    8 years ago

Here are some other options for wall art.

http://www.houzz.com/projects/1520302/wall-art

• PRO
    Poovi Art
    8 years ago

Art is a communicative medium. It evokes an emotion in you, gives you company and at the same time enhances your decor and environment.

If a beautiful painting does something for you, you should consider getting it.

Go through with my shop hope you might will like some.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PooArtGallery?ref=profile_shopname

• PRO
    Pamela Qarbaghi
    8 years ago

If you are still looking, check out the original art here: https://www.etsy.com/shop/PamQArts?ref=hdr_shop_menu

Original Abstract Painting 48 x 48 · More Info

• PRO
    Alvitra Hand Blown Glass Lighting
    8 years ago

We create customized glass wall art. Play of light and transparent colors creates wonderful shades on the wall.

www.alvitradesign.com

• PRO
    D-Gallerie Contemporary Art Gallery
    8 years ago

Is there any particular type of art you like?

We have a large selection of art pieces and wall decors that it might fit you.

Let us know if we can help in any way.

Alejandro

www.d-gallerie.com

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    8 years ago

This is one of my favorite pieces offered through ZGallery.com..check out the size for this price...this is just stunning! The art from zgallery is really beautiful I would take some time and check it out. the horse canvas is unbelievable in person..it is full of texture from the layers of paint...has dark grays , blacks and midnight blue in the background....

• tgb1
    8 years ago

Post is 2 years old...

• PRO
    User
    8 years ago

I love the horses, the colors are beautiful with the dining set!

• PRO
    Mbs Standoffs
    8 years ago

All inspiring suggestion. However, have you thought of how you will mount it? MBS offers low cost professional mounting systems. We have cable hanging systems like you see in galleries that really look great or we have z-clips which are a modern, aluminum, French Cleat. MBS Hanging Systems.

• User
    7 years ago

love the third one :)

• Lyone Fein
    7 years ago

Whatever you do, I hope you don't go for mass-produced posters and try to pass that off as "art". If you are going to go to the expense of mounting and framing something, why not actually put up something that is a genuine piece of original art? We are now entering the Art Festival season, and there is ample opportunity to peruse your local arts scene. Even if you do not find a painting or photograph that you like, you may find an artist whose style you like, and then you can have a piece done specifically for you and your space--using the colors you want, the subject matter you want, the size, the number of canvases, etc.

• User
    7 years ago

very very good point Lyone ,The main reason people put off buying originals is the assumption that originals are pricey.I am an artist and I offer both at reasonable prices.

• livinginsb
    7 years ago
    Both from Z gallery. Some texture would be nice.
  • PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    7 years ago

Old post from Feb. 2014.............

• PRO
    Heather originals
    7 years ago

Hey something Large and something you like. The warm samples your considering have great tones but a bit busy. You do not need framed Art! Go big bold and contemporary!!!

• PRO
    Heather originals
    7 years ago

Keep it open and light. All windows do not need drapes!! It's added expense on an already fabulous window

• PRO
    Heather originals
    7 years ago

One of my larger paintings. Just finished this one. "Standing Firm"

• PRO
    The Printable Concept
    5 years ago

At The Printable Concept we have a great selection of Wall art, and shipping is free worldwide atm!

https://theprintableconcept.com

https://theprintableconcept.com/collections/the-digital-shop-printable-wall-art

• decormindedprincess
    4 years ago

I always like original pieces, they hold their value better than these "made in China" modern art decor things . Sometimes you can find great stuff at auction but its to hard to sit and wait around and not know what you can get and for how much. If the prices are to high for oil paintings you can always go with original prints, they dont have to be paintings. I remember getting 15 bucks for some art I purchased from some of the big box decor sites...as for my original prints I can usually get more than I originally paid

I like 1stdibs.com, or Artzze.com...both of them accept offers and have an interesting selection of mostly original stuff. eBy or CL is to precarious, like a box of chocolates ya never know what-cha-gonna get...not all bad but VERY inconsistent..

here are some original things to check out at-least to get some ideas

https://www.1stdibs.com/art/prints-works-on-paper/

https://www.artzze.com/shop/art

I think dealers are not always sure what some items are worth so their prices are high but most of them are willing to accept reasonable offers...if they dont accept offers for-getta-bout-it...

happy hunting~~

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    4 years ago

Old post 2016!