Master bath help
bastewart928
This is what our master bath looks like.....it is big and needs help. What should I do? Our bedroom has grey walls with goldish/yellowish accents and teal.
Rachel H
I'd gut it and start over, at least that's what I'm doing in my dated bath with the huge tub. ;-) What are you prepared to do with it?
February 12, 2014 at 1:20PM     
bastewart928
We don't use the tub so I would love to take the tub out and make the shower bigger. I'm not sure we will be doing that right now so I was just thinking of adding something to make it a little more spruced up....
February 12, 2014 at 1:26PM     
Decorating Den - Silver Spring, MD
For a temporary fix, try adding a valance above the window and some accessories, like plants or glass apothecary jars, around the tub. Painting the bathroom is also a great way to update. Sherwin Williams Quietude is a nice, soothing color.
February 12, 2014 at 1:33PM     
Wyland Interior Design Center
Could remove the top part of the shower and add glass wall between the tub and shower, then add glass door. Like in Photo 1. Tile above the tub and shower with a more update tile. Or add higher tile backsplash above tub, repeat above the vanity cabinet and shower. Like Photo 2- Which we added a decorative listello/ liner above my client existing tub and then repeated a matching tiled rug design on the floor.

If you are keeping the shower curtain and want to design around that, I agree with Decorating Den suggestions. Photo 3 & 4- Here are some tile backsplash ideas to go with existing shower curtain.
February 12, 2014 at 2:42PM     
Meghan
I know it is popular to have a water closet aka enclosing the toilet into its own little room so smells stay in there. This could be something your husband may be interested in. You do have the space for it.
February 12, 2014 at 2:57PM     
sunnydrew
I would definitely enclose the toilet. It is more for privacy and dual use of the space in general. Build a wall halfway between the end of the toilet and the heating vent. See if that would meet the tub wall. If it does not, you can angle the door so it is a 5 sided room. First you can mark it off on the floor with tape to see if it fits/ and if you bump it from either side. install the door so it swings open out- from left to right.
If you can't do a glass shower door, them just update the curtain. maybe a fresh coat of paint and some new towels/accessories will do the trick.
February 13, 2014 at 7:30AM   
Curb appeal? elementary school across
front porch? to cover or not to cover???
What would you use for a backsplash in this kitchen?
Not sure what type or color backsplash to use in this...
How to hang artwork???
We have two matching pieces of art but would appreciate...
Please help with master bedroom on a BUDGET!
I posted na week or so ago but think in my post was...