lofitzgerald
February 8, 2012 in Photo Questions
do you know where I can purchase the tile?
motherbear
Do research by googling "cement tiles." Check local tile suppliers for sources.
February 9, 2012 at 7:12am     
bepsf
Talavera tiles are all over the place - just Google or visit your local tile retailers.
February 9, 2012 at 9:27am     
1ohdannyboy
the tile are most certainly NOT cement (encaustic) tile and I don't believe they are talavera either. They look like cuerda seca (dry cord) tile in the Malibu tradition (i.e., Malibu Potteries). High quality tiles in this style are available from Malibu Ceramic Works in Topanga, Ca.
February 29, 2012 at 9:30am     
lofitzgerald
Thank you. I love spanish tile but it is hard to find this level of quality. Thank you- I live in SoCal so Topanga is easy.
February 29, 2012 at 7:06pm   
rtskaren
Try Fireclay Tile. They have a large selection of Cuerda Seca tiles and they are made to order. You can even have custom color.
April 23, 2012 at 9:11pm     
Cindi Carter
You can also check out Mission Tile West www.missiontilewest.com Contact Sherri Rubendall.
April 23, 2012 at 9:47pm     
baloncesto
Try www.tierrayfuego.com in San Diego. Look for 6" Santa Barbara Tiles.
July 3, 2012 at 2:05am   
Maritza Cardena Alencar
Does anyone know where I can find these tiles in Miami, FL?
July 7, 2012 at 3:20pm   
paulburns
Hi Maritza, Case Cielo has Fireclay Tile Cuerda Seca tiles. Phone is 305-573-4988
July 9, 2012 at 10:20am     
Mendy Leyendecker
These tiles are by Arto tile. Artotile.com
July 11, 2012 at 11:27pm     
Mendy Leyendecker
the website is actually artobrick.com
July 11, 2012 at 11:34pm     
lofitzgerald
Thank you!!!
July 12, 2012 at 4:48am   
Maritza Cardena Alencar
Thanks definitely going to check it out.
July 14, 2012 at 8:13pm   
malarkey
just google "talavera tiles" and you'll find a bunch of sites that have these high relief mexican tiles. they are GORGEOUS.
July 31, 2012 at 6:06am   
1ohdannyboy
The tile in this picture are NOT talavera tile. According to Wikipedia, "Talavera pottery of Puebla, Mexico is a type of majolica pottery, which is distinguished by a milky-white glaze." The unique style pictured is in the Malibu style tradition (corda seca). Aside from looks, I don't think talaveras hold up very well due to the nature of their clay body and consequently limitations of the hardness of their glaze. Not necessarily pushing one style but talavera and malibu style look very different and wear very different.
August 2, 2012 at 10:48am   
custom-tiles.com
We can custom print patterns such as these onto 4.25", 6", 8", and 12" ceramic glazed tiles. These tiles are washable and suitable for kitchen backsplashes, bathrooms (including showers and saunas), and for decorating a staircase as seen here. Simply provide us with the image you want printed and we ship the tiles ready for installation. Below is a series of custom printed ceramic tiles we produced for an international artist's exhibition.
August 17, 2012 at 12:14pm     
Avente Tile
You can purchase all of the stair riser tiles show from Avente TIle. See our Malibu line of Ceramic Decorative Tile at http://www.aventetile.com/
September 2, 2012 at 2:26pm     
Karen Bohbot
You can find the tile at Fireclay
November 26, 2012 at 9:30pm   
Aesthetic Tile Imaging
Any art you want - kiln fired on porcelain http://www.houzz.com/pro/dave-white/__public
November 28, 2012 at 10:13am   
Fireclay Tile
Hi that is our tile from Fireclay Tile http://www.fireclaytile.com/products it is a combination of our cuerda seca's and raised tiles.
November 28, 2012 at 3:31pm   
1ohdannyboy
Sorry Fireclay, but the tile in the picture are not a mixture of dry line and raised (cuenca) tile. While someone could certainly mix glossy and matt glaze on a tile, I don't recall ever seeing a mixture of dry line and raised tile on a staircase. Look at the classic staircases of the Biltmore (Santa Barbara), Adamson House, and LA City Hall--they are all dry line (corda seca). Personally, I would only trust someone who uses the original hand-made technique and been doing this for 40+ years. The rest are pretenders!
November 29, 2012 at 10:34am     
lofitzgerald
thank you so much. I just visited your website- you have a great selection and the good news is I am in California. Thank you again
November 29, 2012 at 7:59pm   
lofitzgerald
November 29, 2012 at 7:59pm   
1ohdannyboy
You might want to compare quality, availability, history and price with http://www.malibuceramicworks.com before you go with fireclay. Just my opinion.
November 29, 2012 at 8:14pm   
Avente Tile
You can find those classic patterns online at http://www.aventetile.com/product_categories/155.cfm . Most order ship in about one week from our factory in California!
December 5, 2012 at 7:43pm     
ARTO
No matter who made them they are good looking. We produce product similar in Southern California. (Clay & Hand Paint) http://www.artobrick.com/arto-tile-collections/clay/standard-collection
April 12, 2013 at 10:41pm     
Matthew Harris
These tiles are manufactured by Malibu Ceramic Works in Topanga Ca. We have been making these tiles for 30 years. check out our digital catalog at www.malibuceramicworks.com/digitalcatalog.pdf - page 10
August 10, 2013 at 5:47pm   
Cabinet Hardware
Knobs or pulls? I'm stuck what to choose. The kitchen...
Can't decide on a backsplash with a busy granite
I have a busy granite ( Mokoro ) ( geriba ) Is a busy...
Backsplash proportions need help
I am trying to figure out how to proportion our backsplash....
How to make my living room look better
Hi just want help to make my living room look better...
Design my small living room
Need some help designing my oh so tiny living room....