Back splash advice for Boston city kitchen!
raj_77
Hi all - we have an open plan kitchen next to living area. This is a Boston city apartment - so area not very large. It is well lit though. Backsplash decision is important. Cabinets are white inset. Walls are white. Counter is a luce de luna stone. Contemplating between tumbled marble mosaic, or a light grey matt glass tile. See attached pictures (note there are two colors in the glass tile picture. The one we are considering has the same matt color on the squares and rectangles). What would people suggest? With marble we have heard the grout lines get dirty (and tough to clean because cannot use bleach due to marble). If anyone has found a good grey tile that may look good here please suggest. Thanks
dclostboy
I think I'd like the glass better...no whites to worry about color differences within same family of colors. You're going to have a lot of grout with either choice...you're sure you don't want something larger?
February 15, 2014 at 11:27am     
Nancy Sanford, Inc.
I like the glass tile better but I would consider a larger size 3 x6 or 4 x6 or bigger. I am afraid the small may get too busy and take away from the great job you have done.
February 15, 2014 at 11:42am     
shelleyuk
If you don't want a lot of grout mosaic is surely not for you. I like the marble but would go for larger tiles.
February 15, 2014 at 12:52pm   
Amy Carpenter Interior Design
I like the glass option the best. If you are good about sealing your grout prior to use and wiping down the splash if it gets dirt you shouldn't have any issues with the grout changing color. Your project looks lovely. Best of luck with your backsplash decision.
February 15, 2014 at 1:37pm   
Glass Tile Store
The glass and stone mix looks great
February 16, 2014 at 4:51am   
The glass looks good. Don't worry about grout, won't get dirty. If something gets on it. Wash with baking soda and water.
February 16, 2014 at 10:12am   
Silestone Lagoon or Caesarstone Frosty Carina?
I had been struggling b/t Silestone Lyra and Lagoon...
Are you a big fan of glamping or camping?
I'm not a camping fan at all. I can't stand not knowing...
Will soapstone countertop present problem for laundry
Using soapstone countertop in galley kitchen remodel....
Booth eat in
I have an are off my working kitchen that I would like...
How would you separate the bed from the rest of the room?
The photos are of the same area but taken from different...