Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ekmckay

decorating with cream/beige/gold neutrals

ekmckay
10 years ago
I want to decorate my living room with Navy Blues and Creams. I have an historic row house 1900s. I have beige walls and a gold couch. Any ideas how to pull it all together??? Any suggestions for working with neutrals???

Comments (23)

• ekmckay
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Yes, hoping to keep the gold couch in the navy/beige/creme color scheme. I have beige wall. Slip cover sounds intriguing, but want to try to use formal fabrics like damask. Possible???
  • ekmckay
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    I have a pic of navy damask chair
  • carole
    10 years ago
    without actually seeing the room and furniture,this is more of a guess than a...but it sounds like you might need to either paint a wall in the bleu or as Julie Halstead just said..maybe recover the couch..here are some examples of navy/cream rooms
  • Rachel H
    10 years ago
    Can you provide photos of what you've got so far? A rug or artwork incorporating your colors could bring it together.
    Traditional Living Room · More Info
  • ekmckay
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    More pics
  • ekmckay
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    art work in living room
  • anne dee
    10 years ago
    see pic for combination of yr colour choices
    hope this helps some
    ekmckay thanked anne dee
  • ekmckay
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    one more painting
  • carole
    10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago
    the couch can have more cushions with the bleu....i see you have the 2 already..also,do you want to keep the art?or are you looking to change them?and maybe the lampshade could be a bleu too?
    ekmckay thanked carole
  • Julie Halstead
    10 years ago
    Nice hereke rug! Might be cool to paint just the nook where the sofa sits in a deep marine blue?
    ekmckay thanked Julie Halstead
  • Julie Halstead
    10 years ago
    I wonder if some pillows like mine would tie the sofa to the chair and rug?
  • Julie Halstead
    10 years ago
    Those flowers are a deep indigo but appear black in the photo.
  • PRO
    Warner Decor
    10 years ago
    How about something like this on your couch with your navy pillows?

http://deciture.com/shop/decor/9/floral-palampore-throw-pillow/
  • ekmckay
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Want to keep the art work done my my mom. The paintings are driving my plans. :) Do you think gold sofa will work for now or look out of place with navy/cream beige plan. What is her eke rug??
  • Julie Halstead
    10 years ago
    Your rug is a Hereke "7 mountain flower" design. It's a traditional Turkish carpet. Can't tell if it's hand or machine made in the photo, but it's pretty.
  • Julie Halstead
    10 years ago
    Just to clarify, earlier I was referring to the blue flowers on the pillow photo I posted.
  • ekmckay
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    I just started using this site. When I search "ekmckay" in advice, this discussion isn't listed. why is that???
  • PRO
    Cure Design Group
    10 years ago
    Be careful with neutrals...some lend towards yellow, some green and some even pink. Utilize textures to keep it interesting and I love the navy infusion.
    ekmckay thanked Cure Design Group
  • Denita
    10 years ago
    ekmckay, the search function is for subject matter and not poster names. You have a section on your page called "Your Houzz". If you go to that section and look under discussions you can find your post easily. Also you can bookmark your post.
  • ekmckay
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Yes I thought neutral would be easy but I had a feeling that I would need to be careful with the subtle undertones. Will try to keep that in mind as I proceed. Going to the store tomorrow to try to choose fabrics.
    Also just found my discussion with a search. Must take some time for it to load??? Anyway, I'm all set. Thanks for you help.
  • Rachel H
    10 years ago
    What are your thoughts on pulling the sofa out from that alcove a bit and putting a painting on an easel behind the sofa?
    How about adding some dramatic drapes to the windows? But not to cover up the pretty stained glass on top.
    Can you take a pic of the room across from the windows? (like you're sitting in the sofa) Maybe the chairs would look better in the alcove - hard to tell unless we could see the rest of the room.

San Francisco City Chateau · More Info

Historic Schoolhouse Loft · More Info

Masculine Lounge 2 · More Info
  • PRO
    Bayle & Co.
    10 years ago
    Cute little living room. Some thoughts here... If you want a look like the picture you posted you will need to lighten up the small space. Jacquard cream slip cover in light cream more pillows. Also maybe cluster all photos on wall behind chair and remove a table too many for the small space.
Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm