What does your entryway look like?
Jeannie Nguyen
Snap a photo of what it looks like when you walk into your home and post it in the comments!

Amy Stokes
Here's my entry. To the left is solid glass -- in the summer it's a gorgeous view of a wooded ravine, but everything looks pretty barren now, so I won't bore you with a pic.
February 19, 2014 at 4:08PM     
deiman
Thats a beautyful entryway Emy
February 20, 2014 at 5:10AM   
NuBirch Custom Cabinetry
Hey Jeannie Nguyen,

That's a beautiful shot you got there. Here's another shot we find interesting!

Team NuBirch
www.NuBirch.com
February 20, 2014 at 8:30AM     
Gretchen Maurer
this was an old sun room addition. we took down the wall between this room and the kitchen and used the small corner as best we could with hooks and a place for shoes. the two after shots, one before and one during the reno.
February 20, 2014 at 2:36PM     
printesa
The light is not very good today so the photo is a bit dark
February 20, 2014 at 4:11PM     
Diana Sherfey
Here's mine.
February 23, 2014 at 3:02AM     
Sue Whitehead
We live in a condo. We are currently adding crown molding in two pieces with an accent paint color between the pieces. I'm a little nervous!
February 23, 2014 at 5:10AM     
Lee Johnston
The short hallway in our new South Carolina home seemed like the perfect place for things we acquired while living up north in Shaker country. The Shaker stools my husband made for extra seating can also accommodate booster seats for the grandkids and trays that turn them into coffee tables.
February 23, 2014 at 6:05AM     
mettebg
This is a good exercise. The photos of my entryway/mud room came out so dark...I haven't mastered the art of interior photography at all! But the real view is immediately to the right into the living room then dining room and then into the kitchen. I love that visitors can see the whole length of our home.
February 23, 2014 at 6:17AM     
soozmacrae
Amy your entry way is beautiful. I always think a spectacular light fitting sets the scene.
February 23, 2014 at 6:44AM   
FeelsLike Heaven
This is the entrance to our vacation rental in the Poconos, PA. Plenty of space for everyone to put on their ski gear in the winter. The stone wall on the left is the back of the fireplace in the family room.
February 23, 2014 at 7:06AM     
anexnyer
Sunny day in Birmingham, Al.
February 23, 2014 at 9:46AM     
bbarick
Our main entry is very small and most people enter from our back door anyway. But here is one shot of the small wine storage bar (we are winemakers), a shot of the metal artwork my husband made to cover the window in the doorway and a final shot of the view standing with back to door. The chair with the large back legs on the red tribal rug is an original made by husband....metal framework, leopardwood seat and a chameleon paint job that changes from emerald to purple in different lights.
February 23, 2014 at 10:11AM     
dog3mom
Our front entry...big staircase not shown. Plan to do new front door this summer. Glass is leaded by door and above. We want to do double paned leaded or plain glass and leaded glass in the front door for light. We live in the PNW where it rains all the time :)
February 23, 2014 at 11:45AM     
Poppy Coleman
We've only just moved into our newly built home. The bookshelves only went in yesterday! Very uninspiring I'm afraid.
February 23, 2014 at 2:21PM     
vintagebookie
when you walk in our converted summer house front door you're entering a heated and enclosed sun porch which is where my husband and I eat our dinner every night in comfy chairs and watch movies or T.V. We're empty nesters and this small house is just perfect for us-although it was a challange raising a family here,but the schools are great. It's cozy and cottagey and old-fashioned.....
February 23, 2014 at 4:49PM     
brigittemartin
We used to have a built-in closet with sliding doors for coats and shoes, but replaced it with this built- in. Shoes and boots are in the drawers. At last, no mess any more!
February 23, 2014 at 6:24PM     
houseatthelake
A mess. This is one of the hardest working area the house things are always tracked in. I am planning for more storage here but it's a small awkward area because of the window placement. Thinking possibly some bins wall-mounted and hooks for my grandchild.
February 24, 2014 at 6:30AM     
Karla
We renovated the entry of our farm home last year. It works great for our large family of 8. The cubbies were custom built, my design. The drawers are wire baskets, so that they don't have to be cleaned, and they have plenty of ventilation for damp mittens etc. There are hooks at 3 different heights, to accommodate backpacks, little children, big children etc. The floor is open underneath so that it can be vacuumed with the rest of the floor. (Commercial carpet.) The interior of each cubbie is 18" x 18" and 4' tall. The interior walls are 12" so that you sit on the front part of the seat to put your boots on, without being sandwiched into the cubbie. The top cupboards are wide enough to fit a Rubbermaid roughneck container. Finished with an exterior varnish, for durability and in case of wet snowpants resting on the surface. Closed in to the ceiling to eliminate dust gathering. The long wall of hooks is for chore clothes. Near Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.
February 24, 2014 at 7:29AM     
Karla
Here are two more pics, I couldn't get them all attached the first time.
February 24, 2014 at 7:34AM     
rosecottagehome
Our old cottage got a face lift. Here is the entrance after and before. Hover over to see the new ceiling.
February 24, 2014 at 7:37AM     
mrsnac
Here's my foyer. Tried to give it a coastal feeling.
February 24, 2014 at 8:59AM     
Snaggy
I don't have one ...door straight
in to the kitchen !
February 24, 2014 at 9:06AM     
trefigli
My foyer
February 24, 2014 at 9:32AM     
mcs0430
Here is my entryway, it is so narrow that I am unable to decorate it in any way!
February 24, 2014 at 10:25AM   
spenserh
We bought this fixer upper a little over a year ago. The only thing we have done here is scrape off the popcorn. We are planning to re-tile the public areas of the house and that has to get done first.. We just haven't quite had the intestinal fortitude for the job yet, but it is coming because the kitchen is in it's death throes. Clearly, mirrored bi-fold doors were THE thing in the mid 80s in Florida.
February 24, 2014 at 10:49AM     
brigittemartin
Karla, you should run a school. Enjoy them while you have them home!
February 24, 2014 at 11:10AM     
twhsdesign
Where did you get your entryway chest? I love it
February 24, 2014 at 12:59PM   
debbyinmenlopark
A few pictures of our entry in Florida. We've just moved in so still working on things. The 6' tall photo of the Golden Gate Bridge (by Dennis Kohn) is our nod to our Bay Area (California) roots while the stainless steel kinetic sculpture was made by a Miami artist named Gary Traczyk.
February 24, 2014 at 9:40PM     
macgrill
Debbie from Menlo Park, I love, love, love your new home in Florida! (From a former Half Moon Bay girl).
February 24, 2014 at 10:04PM   
debbyinmenlopark
Thank you! I imagine you had some beautiful views in HMB. Here's one of our pool. (I also added one of our kitchen :D
February 25, 2014 at 6:48AM     
rventura
Our work in progress entryway. Still lacking in paintings and accessories.
February 26, 2014 at 8:24AM     
vygriffin
My entry features a custom door fitted with antique art nouveau panels, my favorite antique art nouveau hutch, a Curry & Co. Celeste chandelier, Pottery Barn Cecil rug, Mirage African Mahogany engineered wood flooring and Emtek art nouveau handles. However, I enter the house from the garage into what used to be a laundry room. It was converted into a mud room.
February 26, 2014 at 12:20PM     
vygriffin
My antique Art Nouveau hutch photo didn't post. Here it is:
February 26, 2014 at 1:56PM     
Poppy Coleman
Have just realised my pathetic bookshelf doesn't cut it!! now on the hunt for a mid-century table instead. shelves can be banished to the study!!!
February 26, 2014 at 1:58PM     
dog3mom
Poppy, I realized that my living room needs a complete re-do. I hope to be able to do it first thing next year. We have done a 3 1/2 year remodel...bleh. My decor does not work in this house!
February 26, 2014 at 2:25PM     
Poppy Coleman
omigod your living room space is gorgeous! mine looks like a cardboard box in comparison!
February 26, 2014 at 2:29PM     
brigittemartin
@ Debbyinmenlopark I love your house, but living in Canada, it also makes me shiver. All that white ... I can just look out of the window :) But I guess it's great for Florida ...
February 26, 2014 at 2:42PM   
dog3mom
Poppy, it takes a long time. I am tired of the sofa and 2 club chairs especially. They used to be in my bedroom of my former house! Never noticed how out of scale that sofa was. I'm just tired of it. It's larger than it looks. More pieces in there. Just realize that when you move into a new house it takes a long time for it to feel like home. Part of the fun is getting it to the stage where you are ok with it.
February 26, 2014 at 2:51PM     
beverlynn
My entry is nothing special; you enter directly into the living room. A compromise I made when I purchased this townhome; no foyer. I enter from the garage, front door is for guests.
March 3, 2014 at 7:22AM   
trefigli
A picture of my entry and from my entry looking into the living room.
March 6, 2014 at 11:06AM     
houseatthelake
Hi Karla it sounds like we have similar tastes I was looking at wire Bins online they are ridiculously expensive the ones I wanted I was planning on making built-in shelf Or if I could find wire bins to hang on the wall. I saw photos on houzz. Before we renovated our house 16 years ago it didn't even have closets at this door we added them
March 7, 2014 at 4:57AM   
Karla
@bevmacrae. Originally our entry was divided into two, each with a closet and exit. We got rid of all the closets and put in the cubbies. I wanted it to be a hardworking space, that still looked nice because it is our main entrance that guests use as well. I find our family uses hooks, but they don't use closets. Wire baskets are the best thing, but they are pricey. Mine are from Richelieu. A wire basket never needs to be cleaned, and it airs out everything in it. I'm trying to figure out the space you have from the picture. Is that about 4 1/2' wide? Is the closet on the far left, and the exit door on the near right? Where does the door on the middle left lead to? Is that a counter on the near left? I agree, that is an odd place for a window.
March 7, 2014 at 7:25AM   
cbailie
It's a long gallery foyer leading to a large great room. I found the chairs at a little antique shop and recovered them. What a steal they were!
March 7, 2014 at 7:39AM     
printesa
@cbailie, those chairs are beautiful. My kids' piano teacher has the exact same chairs, but I think with a different fabric for the seat.
March 7, 2014 at 7:40AM   
Galilee Lighting
debbyinmenlopark! your house is beautiful!
and Jeannie, the idea is really nice.
March 7, 2014 at 8:08AM   
debbyinmenlopark
Galilee Lighting, all your glass installations are absolutely spectacular! All I can say is thank you and I'm now a huge fan. Houzzers should be flocking to your website!
March 7, 2014 at 9:54AM   
littlemissk
Well I haven't a clue on what I did with the camera, I messed something up with the settings, but here's a shot of mine at night ... not too good but it gives you an idea ...
March 9, 2014 at 10:07PM     
momzed
Would like to change wall color.
March 9, 2014 at 10:27PM   
beckynanabear
We built the entry to our little home a few years ago. It connects to my laundry and then into the kitchen. It's a little crackerbox, but it's all mine!
March 9, 2014 at 10:40PM     
beckynanabear
The outer door leads onto our large deck on the south side of our home. The laundry opening leads into our kitchen.
March 9, 2014 at 10:42PM   
Polimerou
Hello everybody, and heres mine I was thinking to building my entry i bit different and here what
March 10, 2014 at 12:16AM     
Joe DeVitto
this is part of my entry
March 10, 2014 at 2:14AM     
Karina Palladino
Mine :)
March 10, 2014 at 4:07AM     
Hierarchy Development & Design
Plain and simple
March 10, 2014 at 5:25AM     
Mark Moore Design
My entry has foyer pieces from Mark Moore Design's LBC collection. A bench to put your shoes on and off, a pedestal table for the phone and keys with a matching mirror. Everything you need to accommodate a foyer of any size.
March 10, 2014 at 7:23AM   
swedekarla
i love our front entry, but it is small. we have a mud room off the garage which is where we drop most of our "stuff."
March 10, 2014 at 7:41AM     
maggiesvineyard
Wow, there are a lot of great entryways here that everyone has posted! Here is mine, a little lacking in coat closet space near the front door which I wish I had. Im happy with it, although at some point I'd like to paint the staircase a diff color, remove the full carpeting look on the stairs, and replace the chandelier to a more feminine one. One photo is looking at the door and the other us looking in from the door.....
March 10, 2014 at 8:46AM     
sandramacura
And one from Serbia (Europe)
March 10, 2014 at 9:02AM     
67domer
Here's my front foyer, couldn't take pic of beveled glass door, as glare is too bad. And two of the three dogs who greet me when I come in.
However, if I am being honest, the door in from the garage is MY front door. Guess I should outfit that space accordingly.
March 10, 2014 at 9:23AM     
Chris
Our foyer opens onto our living room and dining room on either side. We just painted our trim white to match the trim throughout the house. It's a 1912 Arts & Crafts, some people probably think I was nuts to paint the trim, but I love it. It was so dark & dated before - I like the fresh white!
March 10, 2014 at 9:39AM     
maggiesvineyard
@Chris I really like your foyer with the hardwoods and white trim, and you are NOT nuts for painting your trim white! I agree, the darker wood trim you see in a lot of older craftsman homes is a little outdated (I'm sure there was a time (or era) and place for it I suppose). White trim against a different colored wall is a classy way to brighten the whole room and gives it a clean look & feel. Although I am pretty partial to that look, since that's what I have all over my own house!
March 10, 2014 at 9:54AM   
Chris
Thanks maggie! I always felt my foyer was so dark and literally like 2 weeks ago it came to me - paint this trim!!! LOL it really has made such a difference. It feels bigger, cleaner and in keeping with my more mod leaning decor!
March 10, 2014 at 9:58AM   
beekeeper7
my entry way color on walls are being changed this spring.
March 10, 2014 at 4:51PM   
beverlynn
These are beautiful entry ways!
March 10, 2014 at 7:31PM     
redbuggie
Here is our front entry and back entry. I think the back needs work!!
March 11, 2014 at 11:00AM     
Interiorator
This is the entryway to my apartment in Rotterdam, the Netherlands. I work as a professional interior stylist and decided to paint out the walls, doors and ceilings in dark blue. It certainly makes a big impression when people see it for the first time! You can find more pictures on my website Interiorator.com
March 12, 2014 at 9:32AM     
beckynanabear
Nice to see some color here!
Although there are many interesting, cute, elegant and fun entries here most of them are very pale!
March 12, 2014 at 9:43AM     
Interiorator
I agree, beckynanabear! There's so much you can do with your entryway - even if you don't have a lot of space!
March 12, 2014 at 9:55AM     
timmaysproule
A little more art upstairs and we are done with this space.
March 12, 2014 at 10:06AM   
brigittemartin
@Interiorator I like the deep blue, but I think it actually only works in a small space. Because my entry is open to stairs and upstairs, my house would look like a cave. In your apartment it looks very clever.
March 12, 2014 at 10:45AM   
dog3mom
Interiorator, Your entry is gorgeous! I'd love to see more of your house. I love modern design but my house doesn't. It just doesn't work in this house. Sometimes I feel like packing it all in and taking our (original) art and a few sentimental things and leaving for a modern, urban condo or townhouse. Again, your entry is fabulous!
March 12, 2014 at 12:26PM   
carolins
@trefigli, your entry is beautiful and you have lovely furniture. Have you ever thought of giving the buste its own pedestal and place it to the left of the sofa (when facing it)? It seems out of balance on the glass table :-)
March 12, 2014 at 12:47PM     
lakegirl651
This is the main entrance to what once was our cottage, and now we live here. We have been slowly updating it. I bought the shoe bench and decided it was too big for the space. I built the shelf for the coat hooks and now think that looks too big. I am planning on taking that down and just using large black coat hooks. Thoughts?
March 12, 2014 at 12:59PM     
dog3mom
Lakegirl651, Could you paint or stain the current shelf with coat hooks in a darker color? Like the knots in the paneling? More like the color of the bench in the first shot? I think there is a lot going on that is all the same tone. It does help the big chest blend into the wall but I would prefer the coat hook shelf to be stained darker if you want to keep it. Otherwise go for the big coat hooks. I'd like to see a bigger piece of art and only one above the chest and also a more substantial lamp. JMHO. I love that knotty wood paneling. Had it in a house once but it was running horizontal. It was so cool. I'm assuming they like the wood and would not paint it white. White would still look good...good idea Chris!
March 12, 2014 at 1:22PM   
Chris
lake girl, I would start incorporating white! check out this link for some great ideas http://theletteredcottage.net/working-with-natural-wood-walls-ceilings/
March 12, 2014 at 1:37PM     
vdomingo13
This is it (picture with carpet) and an idea of what I would like it to look like . Still a work in progress.
I added a post today asking for some advise... But got no comment yet. If someone has ideas , they are more than welcome :-)
March 12, 2014 at 2:09PM   
lakegirl651
@dog3mom and Chris. Thanks for your ideas. What do you think about painting the chest white or cream? I just painted the kitchen cabinets sage green. I don't think I want to paint the walls, yet....
March 12, 2014 at 3:47PM   
Chris
I would totally paint the shelf & the chest white -- and I would add incorporate blue too. Maybe a larger blue/white print over the chest that makes more of a statement. Or a blue white wall gallery.
March 12, 2014 at 6:42PM     
Chris
I like this image from that link I sent -- the wood walls are there but the blue/white and white furniture makes it really pop. http://s268.photobucket.com/user/LaylaPalmer/media/Blog/sailorint-11-l.jpg.html

I kind of feel like your hanging placement of that shelf is off (tucked too much in the corner and high?) I would incorporate nature pieces too - like plants, flowers or things indigenous to the lake where you are? Just a thought
March 12, 2014 at 6:51PM     
sherrygrisham
My front entry! About to add an antique grandfather clock on the other side of the pocket doors in front of staircase where the large picture is (maybe it will work there)
March 12, 2014 at 7:08PM     
beckynanabear
lakegirl1651: I would like to suggest using RED. It's a wonderful color with knotty pine!
March 12, 2014 at 10:45PM     
favoritegram
Here is my front entry looking in from the door, it extends to the sides like a bowling alley, LOL
March 13, 2014 at 3:17PM   
What does the view from your couch look like?
What do you see when you sit on your couch? Take...
What does your front door look like right now?
Have you added any holiday touches? Let's see it! Share...
What does your front door look like?
What color is your front door? Do you have anything...
What does your backyard look like?
Post a photo and share it with us in the comments!...
What does the view from your bed look like?
What's the first thing you see when you wake up in...
What tile to use in our bathroom remodel?
We are renovating our main bathroom in our new (built...
Close to pulling all my hair out. HELP PLEASE!
I'm not sure which countertop to go with between two...
Creating a narrow hallway and a narrow back door
Dear Houzz Friends, So, we just bought a charming...
Dining room?
I switched my dining and living area, had a chandelier...