Need ideas to add curb appeal to my home's entrance
chumona
I was thinking about turning the very small garage into living space and maybe moving the front door to the middle, adding a couple of windows on both sides of the front door, and maybe adding a portico to make the entrance more attractive. Love the inside of my house but hate the entrance.
cptvoid
Do you have a picture of the whole house so we can get an idea of the house style and landscaping.
February 20, 2014 at 12:02PM   
chumona
Here are some pictures - thank you!
February 20, 2014 at 12:14PM   
lilion
I guess my question is will you just not have a garage? Where will you park, just in the drive? I do think your idea would be very attractive; having the garage space be living area with the door further over....but I love having a garage and the driveway just going up to the house would seem odd to me...but I suppose you could change the driveway also.
February 26, 2014 at 8:01AM     
chumona
The current garage is very small so only my husband's car fits and he never uses it. The idea is to balance the house and create a better shape. I guess a two car garage will also do the job and it will even add more value to the house but I will not be able to move the front door.
February 28, 2014 at 8:11AM   
Matilda Bos Design Studio
Hi...Would it be possible to bring the entrance and garage out as far as the first window on
the left, so that would be inside, nice big room, and have a carport in the front on the left
where it's fenced in?
March 1, 2014 at 4:15PM   
Elite Designs Unlimited
Add a post out near the small window at the front this will add an other gable , this would cost , but its a easy & Direct.. and you could make the entry wider if you like ,just change framing a bit.. want a drawing? I'm reasonable .. elite design unlimited . biz
June 11, 2014 at 8:15AM   
potchiemagoodleberry
I think your house looks great! although i would love to see you add some larger, lusher landscaping to the front-most part of your home...the windows there seem a bit small in scale being alone on that big expanse of wall. But if you could conceal some of the wall with plants. maybe add flowering vines (clematis) climbing a mounted trellis? this would add some color and fill in some empty wall space. the red door is perfect, and it makes the door very visible from the street. i might perhaps simply tweak the landscaping along the side of the house to the doorway and add in some lighting elements. if you have no use for the garage, by all means wall it up and add some matching windows....just be sure to hire a pro, it can be difficult to make the brick wall where a garage door once was look like it was always a wall with windows.
June 11, 2014 at 10:23AM   
Need to SELL my home. Landscaping ideas to add curb appeal?
Not looking to spend more than a couple of hundred...
Need ideas to add curb appeal to this 1950's home
My family recently moved into this 1950's home and...
Help me add curb appeal to my mobile home!? (PICS IN COMMENTS)
(MY PICTURES DIDN'T UPLOAD SUCCESSFULLY. I HAVE ADDED...
We just bought this country home. Need to add some curb appeal.
We want to keep the RANCH style and plan to add wood...
Wall and curtain colors
Just got a new couch - La-Z-Boy mushroom color - for...
Fireplace help please.
Is this wall art piece too small for this spot? Should...
Old bureau into bathroom vanity?
I apologize for the poor quality of the pictures. I...
Help with family room accent pieces and furniture placement
We recently moved in and repainted the walls and ordered...