Bedding dilemma
Stefanie
Here's a picture of our master bedroom. Sorry that it's not the greatest but it's a work in progress. My current bedding is on and just picked up an orangish pink duvet but not sure I want another. #1 is what I purchased and the other 2 I am thinking of instead. Which one looks best? Thanks!
Stefanie
I also have 2 dogs that share this bed so even though I would love white, it's not practical therefore off white is best I can do. I do plan to add curtains and a seating area so just need the best duvet for the room. I will paint walls and ceiling but that's really down the line.
    Bookmark   February 20, 2014 at 4:50PM
edithsmom
What color is the bench top at the foot of your bed...looks greeny gold on my iPad?
1 Like    Bookmark   February 20, 2014 at 7:24PM
Stefanie
It's silver. No green.
    Bookmark   February 20, 2014 at 8:02PM
happyasaclam
What color are the walls?
    Bookmark   February 20, 2014 at 8:10PM
Stefanie
Tan.
    Bookmark   February 20, 2014 at 8:16PM
Santana Tolbert
It think the purple brings color to the room without overcrowding it
3 Likes    Bookmark   February 20, 2014 at 8:30PM
brio interior design
I like the purple, great combo with the gold bench.
3 Likes    Bookmark   February 21, 2014 at 1:24AM
Stefanie
Yes the bench is a goldish silver if that makes any sense. I was more toward the natural but maybe the lavender would be better to bring in some color.
1 Like    Bookmark   February 21, 2014 at 4:36AM
happyasaclam
I voted for the purple. The silver bench and the purple bedding with be beautiful!
2 Likes    Bookmark   February 21, 2014 at 4:54AM
With the tufted bench and dogs I'd want a smooth finish on the bedding. The goldfish silver appears to be more bronze than gold or silver on my monitor. Not sure I'm crazy about any of this bedding for your room. Could you post a better well lighted pic of the bench - maybe pull it to the window and let in some natural light to photo it? Comment here and use the Attach Images button to add more pix.
1 Like    Bookmark   February 21, 2014 at 5:03AM
Stefanie
The actual color of the bench is pewter gold. I don't necessarily need to match the bench. It can be moved if necessary but I need to pick some bedding because I'm returning the one I just got (#1) and really like the style from West Elm shown. There are more colors online but I am between, white, natural or this purple.
    Bookmark   February 21, 2014 at 2:28PM
Stefanie
Anyone have any ideas on bedding? The only issue I am having is that purple is a cotton and thought a sheen would be nice?
    Bookmark   February 24, 2014 at 11:07AM
Stefanie
Deco,

Would you do a quilt?
    Bookmark   February 24, 2014 at 5:10PM
soto01
Stefanie, Have you checked out Horchow.com? They are very expensive, but they have some amazingly beautiful bedding!! Check out these: Genevieve, Penthouse, Charleson, Romantic wisteria, Mackle, etc. I think you would love some of them. Just click on the bedding -- then pick the purple/pink button. You don't have to order all of the bedding -- just the comforter and a couple shams. Everything else you can coordinate much cheaper (bedskirt, 2nd shams, etc.) I don't know if you want to spend that much on it or not, but they are absolutely GORGEOUS! so it is worth your time to see them. May be able to find similar patterns much cheaper somewhere, after you pick the look you want. The Genevieve must be zoomed to see the detail. But it has both colors and you may not have to change the color of the walls unless you just want to.
    Bookmark   February 26, 2014 at 8:12AM
Stefanie
I will check the site out. I haven't looked lately. I wanted something simple and one tone. Having a hard time deciding and finding a good one. As always, thanks!
    Bookmark   February 26, 2014 at 8:15AM
67domer
I have three dogs and use a washable solid quilt. Which usually is washed once a week. Fancy bedding won't do.
1 Like    Bookmark   February 26, 2014 at 8:25AM
Stefanie
I think Horchow is going to be a bit overpriced. I'm sure a quilt would be best but I have been using a duvet and isn't too bad. Only 1 is up during the day and he seems to like to push it out of the way because I currently have white sheets and they get dirty looking fast!!
    Bookmark   February 26, 2014 at 8:28AM
soto01
I think the first thing we need to establish is what mood do you want to set? Do you want a space that is very serene, monochromatic, relaxing or do you want something glamorous or perhaps sexy? Do you like pattern on the comforter (to hide the dog's dirt) or do you like solid colors with pillow and curtains for pattern and pops of color?
    Bookmark   February 26, 2014 at 12:32PM
Stefanie
I was hoping an option was just to look nice. I don't know that I am tied to anything specific. However, I have had a pattern and I don't think I really want another one. Details, such as pin tucks, but maybe a solid color. I would do some laying with blankets and pillows. I am probably drawn to more of a serene, relaxing and sexy look. I have crystal lamps, want to get a mirrored dresser and like ruffles :) I just need to really pull the room together. Once that is done, I will do more curtains! I still need curtains for my office.
    Bookmark   February 26, 2014 at 12:54PM
zamudiogpe
use the share your design to find out if you like the result
http://www.potterybarn.com/shop/bedding/design-your-own-bed/?cm_type=lnav
    Bookmark   February 26, 2014 at 1:35PM
anne dee
White and lilac would look nice
see ref pic

1 Like    Bookmark   February 26, 2014 at 1:45PM
Stefanie
Soto,
I think the purple lives on. I really like purple, lilac, lavender..... :) Come to think about it, my spare room isn't purple at all but I do have lilac sheets and they are beautiful. I guess it is one of my go-to colors.
    Bookmark   February 26, 2014 at 1:49PM
soto01
I love the purple as well! I think it can look very sophisticated, elegant, and serene at the same time. I also LOVE all the inspiration pictures! Are you keeping your current furniture?
    Bookmark   February 26, 2014 at 2:19PM
Stefanie
The bed is several years old but was pricey so yes, it's staying for now. Nightstands are probably okay. I need a new dresser and there's room for a small seating area which I have nothing for. I'm not going to go too crazy on that part unless I find some deals as I just got 2 dining sets from Restoration Hardware. Easy part is bedding, wall accessories and curtains. Curtains may not be as easy due to the windows though. I don't think a rod would be used.
    Bookmark   February 26, 2014 at 2:34PM
soto01
If you have a minute, go to Belk.com and check out Madison Park Delancey plum comforter set. It is on sale for $139.99 (only one left in stock). You may or may not like but it is worth checking out.
    Bookmark   February 26, 2014 at 2:44PM
Stefanie
You like that better than the one I pictured above? Not too dark?
    Bookmark   February 26, 2014 at 2:52PM
Stefanie
Or the white which I was told would not be a good idea? Or overstock quilt in white with lilac sheets?
    Bookmark   February 26, 2014 at 2:54PM
Amy Stokes
I have a white quilt from restoration hardware. It goes in the washing machine with hot water and oxyclean every week because I have an old cat with hair ball issues. I've had it two years and looks just like when I bought it. If you love white, this is the way to go.
2 Likes    Bookmark   February 26, 2014 at 3:04PM
Stefanie
Sorry for driving you nuts with so many questions but having another opinion is so helpful.
    Bookmark   February 26, 2014 at 3:05PM
soto01
Potterybarn.com has some white duvet covers. You can get at least one of them with lilac dots that form stripes around the duvet cover. You can also have them monogramed if you like. I don't know how durable their stuff is, but I would think you could wash the duvet cover weekly if you want to. When you go to their website, hit the "monogram shop" button. We LOVE to throw out suggestions -- that's what we enjoy so we'll keep throwing things out there until we find one you just LOVE! That's what we are here for. I especially enjoy your threads because our tastes are so similar.
1 Like    Bookmark   February 26, 2014 at 3:28PM
Stefanie
What about any of the options I threw out there? If I did white, I could do lilac sheets and throw pillows?
1 Like    Bookmark   February 26, 2014 at 3:34PM
soto01
I like the idea of white with the lilac sheets, and pillows. Did you see the white one at pottery barn?
    Bookmark   February 26, 2014 at 3:36PM
Stefanie
Or....Restoration has one on final sale in aubergine.
    Bookmark   February 26, 2014 at 3:37PM
Stefanie
Okay, just checked PB (that's where my last duvet was from) and I don't like the striped or dots one. Maybe I would change my mind in person. They do have white. So do I go with a quilt? Duvet cover again? White or purple? I could do white and that aubergine quilt from Restoration and work on sheets and pillows? So which is your favorite?

If I did overstock, I could do the ruffled one. Decisions, decisions.
    Bookmark   February 26, 2014 at 3:42PM
Stefanie
Well, the dot one looks nice in the picture especially if I had a quilt in a color. I will take another look. I really want some ruffles somewhere even if I got a blanket as well.
    Bookmark   February 26, 2014 at 3:44PM
soto01
Let's research tonight and you can narrow them down to your top three choices and go from there, unless you find something you just LOVE! I must say I do like the thought of the white with the lilac sheets, pillows! But I will look tonight and try to find some options. I would Love to find a beautiful medium shade of lilac.
1 Like    Bookmark   February 26, 2014 at 4:05PM
Stefanie
Yes, I'm with you. I have to do the white fluffy duvet and find some sheets, pillows and blanket in a beautiful lilac. I guess you see I'm antsy because I have no cover on my down comforter now. Thanks for helping!
    Bookmark   February 26, 2014 at 4:09PM
soto01
I lOVE to do the research! So glad to be of service. Together we will find the perfect one!
1 Like    Bookmark   February 26, 2014 at 4:25PM
Stefanie
I really like this duvet. Not sure what it is though.

Bookmark   February 26, 2014 at 5:05PM
Stefanie
Options
    Bookmark   February 26, 2014 at 5:13PM
Genevieve
I voted for the second one or this one

1 Like    Bookmark   February 26, 2014 at 5:27PM
Amy Stokes
I would go with a quilt over a duvet simply because I think stuffing a duvet with my king down comforter is the most horrible thing ever. If there is a trick, I haven't figured it out yet. You can add color with sheets, pillows, a throw, etc.
1 Like    Bookmark   February 26, 2014 at 5:28PM
Amy Stokes
    Bookmark   February 26, 2014 at 5:29PM
soto01
Stefanie, I put some bedroom pictures with lilac duvets/quilts and also white ones in that soto13 book (page 2) for you to look at. Still researching.....
1 Like    Bookmark   February 26, 2014 at 5:44PM
soto01
Check out Bed Bath and Beyond and also Macys. There's a Viola quilt you may like (or not).
    Bookmark   February 26, 2014 at 6:01PM
Stefanie
Are you still thinking mainly white though? Then get pillows and sheets in lilac or lavender? I am not crazy about the Macy's one.
    Bookmark   February 26, 2014 at 6:04PM
Stefanie
So far, I like the pottery barn options I put up or the second overstock quilt. Still need to find perfect sheets and pillows. I added a couple to my bedroom idea book. I also checked yours out.
    Bookmark   February 26, 2014 at 6:06PM
Stefanie
Sheets?
1 Like    Bookmark   February 26, 2014 at 6:36PM
Stefanie
.
    Bookmark   February 26, 2014 at 6:43PM
gerogiadavid
I like the white. Always can change it up with pillows and a throw.
    Bookmark   February 27, 2014 at 2:31AM
Stefanie
Yes, we are going to do white/ off-white with some lilac sheets and pillows.

Soto,
Are you still looking around or do you have a vote on any of the bedding yet?
    Bookmark   February 27, 2014 at 6:08AM
soto01
I have looked and looked -- cannot find purple, lilac, orchid, plum, eggplant or any other shade of purple with a ruffle on the sheets. Has anyone else found any? Belk.com has some sheets in a darker "smoke purple" Portico Genius 300 thread count organic sheet set for 99.99 (King) 79.99 (Queen) -- plus 15% off code. You can check linensource.com , amazon, linens 'N things.com to see their options. So far, my favorite sheets are the ones you posted "Organic cotton sheet sets" They seem to be a beautiful lilac/lavender color. I still vote a nice very thick simple white duvet or comforter.
    Bookmark   Thanked by Stefanie    February 27, 2014 at 7:09AM
soto01
Just be sure you don't get a linen sheet set -- they are very hard, and scratchy. Do not like them at all. Just my opinion.....
    Bookmark   February 27, 2014 at 7:10AM
Stefanie
I don't need ruffles with the lilac. I found some white ones for accent pictures. What about bedding, which do you prefer for the bedding duvet/quilt?
    Bookmark   February 27, 2014 at 7:17AM
soto01
Did you see the lavender Sheets versus the lilac? The lavender has a pinker base tone (more red based color) whereas the lilac has more muted blue undertone). From what I can see in your idea book, you prefer the blue-based undertones of the lilac. Is this true?
    Bookmark   February 27, 2014 at 7:21AM
Stefanie
Not sure but yes, I probably like the lilac a bit more but for the bedding, I may be a little flexible. I just want it to be pretty.
    Bookmark   February 27, 2014 at 7:27AM
soto01
Also, I personally like the softer very thick smooth look of the comforter in your photo of the "Barrie Residence". But if you like that ruched look -- go for it. It is a romantic look -- the one from Pottery Barn in your photos above. I just prefer the smooth look. But it will be beautiful either way.....
    Bookmark   February 27, 2014 at 7:30AM
Stefanie
I like that the most as well but can't find however that does have a pattern to it. That's what I am looking for. So to me that is still very feminine along the lines of the ruffles.
    Bookmark   February 27, 2014 at 7:36AM
soto01
Do you want curtains and pillows with pattern? If so, I like that lilac pillow from Annsliee -- does it have matching curtains?
    Bookmark   February 27, 2014 at 7:39AM
soto01
Since you also like the ruched look, check out Belk.com for the Mary Jane home cotton clouds bedding collection. The ruching is less than the Madison park delancey. Also check out the Ralph Lauren Langdon bedding in violet (beautiful!) yet simple and elegant. You also get 15% off with code. Also the Biltmore Damask scroll has the tone on tone pattern but is still white.
    Bookmark   February 27, 2014 at 8:08AM
soto01
Also, if you like the texture of a quilt, check out the Biltmore trapunto wedding quilt all in white. It too, is beautiful -- but it is a quilt. Also in the purple quilts, check out the nostalgia neveah and the nostalgia petals quilt (oops! the petals quilt is only left in twin). Also the Lenox blossom duvet collection. It is especially pretty for the ruched look. If you can find time, please try to check them all out. I don't want you to miss something you might possibly fall in love with. Sorry about so many posts, but this computer keeps going off-line and I loose all I have typed.
    Bookmark   February 27, 2014 at 8:42AM
Stefanie
I like Mary Jane better than Madison Park. Or the Hadley Ruched from Pottery Barn. Here's a quilt option. You must not like the Hadley but the Mary Jane better? I am flexible on the pattern pillows and curtains. Haven't thought of the curtains yet. I will check it out in a bit.
http://www.potterybarn.com/products/valerie-floral-metalasse-duvet-cover-sham/?pkey=call-bedding&cm_src=all-bedding||NoFacet-_-NoFacet-_--_-
    Bookmark   February 27, 2014 at 8:43AM
soto01
in the Quilts -- I like the Biltmore trapunto best. Plus you get an extra 15% off and free shipping (any order over $99). It has a scalloped edge detail and a very romantic look. But for me personally, I like the soft sink-in feeling of a smooth very thick duvet or down comforter. The Biltmore line from Belk is very luxurious and very good quality. That Biltmore quilt was $200 (now on sale for $149.99 Plus 15% off is $127.49 plus taxes and free shipping. So, it's not too bad in price. But you do have to type in a code for the 15% off.
    Bookmark   February 27, 2014 at 8:57AM
Stefanie
I think I like the thickness of the duvet as well. I'm just torn between that and the PB. Never purchased anything on Belk. I see you like that one best so I will look at again.
    Bookmark   February 27, 2014 at 9:23AM
Amy Stokes
Have you looked at anthropologie? It sounds like you want ultra feminine, and they do that very well. Here is one quilt they have. They have a ton of duvets and embroidered sheets as well.
http://www.anthropologie.com/anthro/product/home-bedding/31667165.jsp?cm_sp=Grid-_-31667165-_-Regular_8
1 Like    Bookmark   February 27, 2014 at 9:56AM
    Bookmark   February 27, 2014 at 11:18AM
Stefanie
Soto,
Which duvet do you like best?
    Bookmark   February 27, 2014 at 11:31AM
Lori Dennis, ASID, LEED AP
I like 3 best.
    Bookmark   February 27, 2014 at 11:32AM
Stefanie
Soto,

What pillows are you referring to?
    Bookmark   February 27, 2014 at 12:05PM
Stefanie
    Bookmark   February 27, 2014 at 1:30PM
soto01
Stefanie The pillow I was referring to was from your favorites ideabook, but it is no longer available. It was from etsy. You keep going back to the ruched design in comforters, so that is the direction you should go. It is just a comforter. If you get one and decide you don't like it, you can replace it in the not to distant future. So, just pick what appeals to you and go with it. We DO know that you want white for the comforter and lilac for the sheets and pillows. That much is for sure. If you decide to repaint that bedroom in some shade of lilac, then I would go with white curtains for some contrast. JCP has some real silk ones on clearance if you want the elegant formal look. They are by Royal Velvet in the clearance section. But in your ideabook, you picked out some very light faux linen ones in lilac (they also come in white). They would be nice as well.
    Bookmark   February 27, 2014 at 1:46PM
Stefanie
I can check with the etsy seller. They often can find the fabric and make them. I am not sold on ruffles, etc., I think I am just trying to make sure there's some interest if I'm getting white.
    Bookmark   February 27, 2014 at 2:40PM
Stefanie
Etsy seller has 2 pillows in this fabric. I wouldn't want to match the curtains to them even if I could. I should grab them probably but they ship from the United Kingdom and are a bit pricey. She said something about duty taxes and buyers being responsible as well. Hmm.
    Bookmark   February 28, 2014 at 6:26AM
Stefanie
Not sure who is still reviewing and sorry that the poll has really went off track from the original options but which do you prefer?

1. http://www.craneandcanopy.com/products/the-mirabel-white-duvet-set

2. http://www.belk.com/AST/Main/Belk_Primary/PRD~9200586COTTO9480D3/MaryJane+s+Home+Cotton+Clouds+White+Bedding+Collection.jsp?off=6&rCode=dsku100026304&ZZ%3C%3EtP=4294923170&ZZ%3C%3Et=Mary+Jane&ZZ_ST=Mary+Jane&fO=AND%28Category_Path%3A%2FBelk_Primary%2FBedBath%2FBed%29&ZZ_OPT=Y&PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524442058634&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=1408474395191292&bmUID=khTuSDZ

3. http://www.potterybarn.com/products/hadley-ruched-duvet-cover-sham-white/?pkey=cwhite&cm_src=white||NoFacet-_-NoFacet-_--_-

4. (VERY PLAIN WHICH I WAS KIND OF TRYING TO AVOID BUT I WILL BE GETTING A QUILT TO CONTRAST SO PUTTING IT OUT THERE). http://www.potterybarn.com/products/pb-essentials-duvet-cover-sham/?pkey=cwhite&cm_src=white||NoFacet-_-NoFacet-_--_-

I really need HELP picking please. If you do not like these at all, please feel free to suggest but I do really want to go with white and no patterns this time. The west elm #3 above is always open. I plan to do lilac sheets, ruffle pillows and a quilt of some sort. THANK YOU!!
    Bookmark   February 28, 2014 at 8:20AM
Amy Stokes
The first three are almost identical. Look at the thread count, material specs, etc and pick the best quality. Or the cheapest. You found the look you want, so now it's just down to pulling the trigger.
2 Likes    Bookmark   February 28, 2014 at 9:39AM
Stefanie
I have narrowed it down. I think I will try this one. http://www.craneandcanopy.com/products/the-valencia-offwhite-pintuck-duvet-cover
    Bookmark   February 28, 2014 at 11:43AM
Stefanie
Oh, of course I pick off white. I do like off white quite a but but will need to take that into consideration when getting some pillows.
    Bookmark   February 28, 2014 at 5:20PM
hanna1984
I love your choice Stefanie! That pintuck detail is so glamorous!
1 Like    Bookmark   February 28, 2014 at 5:26PM
Stefanie
Thank you so much! I'm sure many think I am way nuts on the bedding indecision. I am picky :) Glad I did this and returned my first one which is in third place!
    Bookmark   February 28, 2014 at 5:55PM
hanna1984
If I didn't have kids, I'd have bedding like that too :)
1 Like    Bookmark   February 28, 2014 at 6:17PM
soto01
Hi Stefanie! I see you've picked a comforter! Have you picked the sheets yet? Did your husband LOVE the mirror?? I am anxious to find out. Oh, and the curtains too?? I have been out all day. Mom to her surgeon and her brother to the ER They don't know if he's had yet another mini-stroke or if it's dehydration. Just got home at 10:16 PM this evening and still wanted to check in. I will have to go to him tomorrow too as they kept him.....but I wanted to check in before my exhaustion takes over...
    Bookmark   February 28, 2014 at 7:29PM
Stefanie
Sorry to hear all of that! Stay rested.

Seems funny to go back to bedding but what do you think of the choice? I was really down to this or the other with crane canopy. Never purchased from them but it was a nice thread count and zipper for the duvet to make it easier! I thought about buying both and returning the one I liked least. Still need sheets. I also can get those pillows from Etsy and the out of the country was the other. Let me know when you can. :)
    Bookmark   March 1, 2014 at 5:18AM
Stefanie
I finally went with the pin tuck, just for your FYI, as I went through Houzz pictures to check how that ruching would look and sometimes looks a little too sloppy for me. If this is too much, I am going to plain white.
1 Like    Bookmark   March 1, 2014 at 5:34AM
Stefanie
Soto,

So I bought this piece of "art" above the bed today and now I am unsure. It's from Pier 1 and because a stone was missing they said I could have 25% off if it's final sale so I got a good price. I will have to take some more pictures but hoping it will work above my bed otherwise have spare room and last resort is the toilet room. It has it's own space ;) Since I can't return it will need to go somewhere.

Bookmark   March 1, 2014 at 1:17PM
soto01
Hi Stefanie.... Hold judgement until you get the comforter you ordered. You will know for sure when you see it on the bed. But I agree. I did not like the ruching. Looks OK on the comforter, but it does make the bed look messy to me. I have never been a fan. That's why I kept wanting to steer you back to plain. But it's not about ME -- it's about YOU. You just have us along for the ride, which I am immensely enjoying! Most of the inspirational photos I put in that book for you are just plain comforters. The interest is derived from other elements in the room. But since you have ordered it, we will hold our judgement until you see it. Then, you will know for sure.....
1 Like    Bookmark   March 1, 2014 at 5:01PM
soto01
About the art -- it's too small in the pictures to see what it looks like. But you have great taste, so I'm betting it will be great! Can you take a better photo of it with your camera so we can see the detail?
    Bookmark   March 1, 2014 at 5:03PM
Stefanie
I think the one I ordered will be nice. We shall see but I have a good feeling on that pin tuck and glad I stayed away from the other. It's suppose to make the bedding look plush.

I will try to take a better pic but I held up and think it's going to be a beauty above the bed in master. It's sparkly but subtle where it would be hung. My poor husband said he is going to be so tired after tomorrow because now we have 3 projects! Welcome back!
    Bookmark   March 1, 2014 at 5:12PM
Stefanie
If I like it above the bed, I may not need to paint the room right now and like that shade for the curtains. Only difference is my bedding will be white.
    Bookmark   March 1, 2014 at 5:13PM
soto01
I LOVE the new artwork! See, I told you that you have excellent taste!! It adds a subtle "bling" without being flashy or overwhelming....I think it's going to be GREAT!
1 Like    Bookmark   March 1, 2014 at 5:17PM
soto01
Poor tired hubby! I have one of those too....I am always coming up with some new idea for him to build, hang, fix or try!! Ha! Ha! Tell him it's an occupational hazard (of being a husband!) Ha! Ha!
1 Like    Bookmark   March 1, 2014 at 5:20PM
soto01
The pattern on the new art is very elegant! Can't wait to see it up! Poor hubby.....
1 Like    Bookmark   March 1, 2014 at 5:21PM
soto01
Sorry to be so schizophrenic (jumping from room to room and subject to subject), but what are your thoughts on that kitchen back splash? Will it be a project for the future? or soon?
    Bookmark   March 1, 2014 at 5:26PM
Stefanie
Yes, I will be extra nice tomorrow for all the work. I think it will look good too. Do you think I should get any of those Etsy pillows or wait for bedding. Part of me thinks I should wait but if I want them, I should get them because she only out up a temporary listing for me. I could always use on chairs once I do the seating area in the bedroom.

As for backsplash, I want to do it this spring. Not sure what I want to do. I could post pics but should I do a new thread?
    Bookmark   March 1, 2014 at 5:46PM
Stefanie
I really want to see your red curtains!
    Bookmark   March 1, 2014 at 5:47PM
frattaroli1996
Be bold go for colour, orange! It will be romantic at night and cheery in the morning!
    Bookmark   March 1, 2014 at 5:51PM
soto01
Yes definitely do a new thread! You will be able to get more input from more people. Do you have a direction you want to go in? Or perhaps a specific color you'd like to incorporate?
    Bookmark   March 1, 2014 at 5:51PM
Stefanie
Ha, yes. Neutral! I am not a fan of color in a backsplash or huge tiles. Leaning toward glass tiles. My cabinets are antique white, dark wood island and crystal knobs so they don't stand out too much. Surprised? :)
    Bookmark   March 1, 2014 at 5:55PM
Craig CraigMDesigns
I would do your windows to match the bench to give you a grounding background that let's you play with various bed linens. Maybe do a beaded fringe to pick up the metallic gold of the bench.
    Bookmark   March 1, 2014 at 6:01PM
soto01
NO!! Just my style too!! That's why I'm not surprised. But the glass tiles have to be put up with a mastic (I think that's what it's called) because you can kind of see through them. My taste runs a little different here. I am a big fan of natural stone tiles. If you would like to see, I have put some in that soto13 book for you. I love the "mother of pearl" tiles. You can get them in a variety of neutral shades. You can get them in shades of white, gray, taupe, dark gray (they call it black, but it's not). They even have hints of purple (very subtle) in some of the dark ones. Check them out if you think you might like them. They are very subtle.
1 Like    Bookmark   March 1, 2014 at 6:06PM
Stefanie
I have considered mother of pearl. I posted the new thread!
1 Like    Bookmark   March 1, 2014 at 6:13PM
Stefanie
Are you going to post those red curtains? What room do you have those in?
    Bookmark   March 1, 2014 at 6:56PM
Stefanie
Craig,

Fringe curtains?
    Bookmark   March 1, 2014 at 6:57PM
soto01
We tore down a wall that separated the kitchen and family room. The family room is where we have them. Even my husband liked them! I am not computer savvy. I am still struggling to learn how to attach images with this windows 8. Husband tried to help me, but he couldn't get it to attach either -- that's why I have to put things in that soto13 book for you. Wish I knew how to fix it, but I don't.
    Bookmark   March 1, 2014 at 7:03PM
Stefanie
That's strange. I don't use windows at home (iPad and iMac) but maybe you could try another browser like chrome or Firefox and wouldn't have so many issues. That's just a side comment and not sure you want to bother. I just can't picture those red curtains. To me you sound bold there!
    Bookmark   March 1, 2014 at 7:07PM
soto01
They are actually more burgundy and they have the subtle tone changes like your purple ones do. I got them from overstock so they are on their website. I think they were called syrah. If you go to overstock.com and type in syrah silk taffeta curtains, they will come up. I think they were about $89 a panel. I bought 4. I have matchstick blinds inside for light control and these panels are just for the looks.
    Bookmark   March 1, 2014 at 7:14PM
Denita
soto01, to load your photos: all you have to do is go to "upload" here on houzz and when you open up that screen you can drag a saved jpeg file from your computer to either an Ideabook that you have or you can upload it to a project of yours. To upload to a project, that is the top green line to the right. It might be easier for you to upload to an Ideabook and just give it the name of your project. Any word or pdf document, change to jpeg first then upload.
    Bookmark   March 1, 2014 at 7:18PM
Stefanie
Haha, peer pressure.

So they are like mine. I had to go to my order to remember what I ordered. I saw some other purple ones so I wonder why I picked those. I have yet to open up the hardware box and I probably should have to make sure it looks okay. I sure hope so because I want to get them up to really see if we like them.
    Bookmark   March 1, 2014 at 7:25PM
soto01
Thanks Denita! I will try it out tomorrow. I am computer illiterate! (as you can tell). I struggle to do anything with them. Again, thanks for your help...
    Bookmark   March 1, 2014 at 7:26PM
Craig CraigMDesigns
Just on the one edge of the panel because that window is beautiful. Maybe just a metallic ribbon to give it a custom high end look. Just a little detail.
2 Likes    Bookmark   March 1, 2014 at 7:36PM
Stefanie
Will try to find pictures because unsure what that looks like.
    Bookmark   March 2, 2014 at 11:01AM
Ugly bed dilemma
My in-laws gave us their old bed frame to use in our...
dryswife
Guest bedroom window dilemma
I'm trying to figure out what to do with this window...
kmasj
Bedroom design dilemma
Hi, I could really use some design suggestions for...
Alison Coates
King headboard dilemma!!
Advice needed: we purchased an expensive mattress and...
ardorart
Area rug dilemma
I'm trying to decide if I should get an area rug that...
angelapeluso
Need help to improve my kitchen
Its an Alley Kitchen.
zulkifli49
wicht is more stylysh a doubble front door or a singel?
we are in difficulty to come to the best conclusion...
gduso
Thermador Versus Kitchen Aid appliances
Any opinions out there about Thermador appliances versus...
Georgie Walker
Please help!
I really need help with my entrance, sunken living...
sarahdallan
Home sick in Louisiana
All I see is brown stain - I have many questions re:...
Jenna Carr