Benchmark
February 11, 2012 in Photo Questions
Can you please tell me the trim color used here. I love this space.
The Shabby Nest
Behr's Camel (350F-5) is a similar color.
February 11, 2012 at 8:45pm   
Kerri Robusto Interiors
Sherwin Williams Khaki Shade (SW7533) for the trim and Sherwin Williams Alabaster (SW 7008) for the walls. I'm glad you like it!
February 14, 2012 at 11:46am     
Benchmark
Did you end up using this trim color through out the whole house?
February 14, 2012 at 7:18pm   
Kerri Robusto Interiors
i actually reversed it through most of the house - darker walls and lighter trim. But this hallway was dark and needed the lighter wall color. I have used darker trim through a whole house many times though!
February 15, 2012 at 5:00am   
Benchmark
Thank you again! We are wanting to use darker trim throughout the house but are having a hard time finding a good color. Would you mind sharing some of the other dark trim colors you have used. Again I do really like Khaki Shade but it would be nice to see some other colors you have used. Thanks again for all of your help!
February 15, 2012 at 6:09am   
Kerri Robusto Interiors
For expense reasons, I like to use the same trim color through the majority of the house; otherwise, labor costs can get really high. So, your trim color should depend on your overall house color (or the wall color used in most rooms). I typically choose and "overall" wall color, and then other colors for particular rooms or accents. So once you choose overall and a nice dark trim that goes well, then I choose accent colors that coordinate with the trim. If i want to use an accent that clashes with the overall trim color, i'll change trim colors. SW7639 Etheral Mood is a nice trim color that is a little more gray with green undertones. SW7031 Mega Greige is gray with brown undertones. I love using a different color on interior doors - SW7048 Urbane Bronze or SW7020 Black Fox looks really great on doors (door only - not the trim around the door). Using a darker ceiling color than wall and trim is a great wall to mix is up as well! Good luck.
February 15, 2012 at 10:51am   
Benchmark
Thank you again for your help! I love the idea of painting the doors a different color. I appreciate all your help!
February 15, 2012 at 7:59pm   
Meanwhile, back at the Rake-A-Lot Ranch
I really like it too. The soft neutrals warm up the space without making it feel too dark.
March 2, 2013 at 7:38am   
What's your best vintage find?
Finding a gem in a vintage or antique shop is better...
Describe contemporary style in one (or two!) words
It's difficult pinpointing the era you live in. What...
bar cabinet
Hi, I have this bar cabinet I love but I'm not sure...
Living in the garage while building your house.
We are thinking of building a small garage to start...
entryway
I have a dual staircase without enough room to put...