Which color grout...natural gray, white, or charcoal?
ldunlap
I have a 1948 cottage style home and I am in the process of remodeling the bathroom. My plan for the house was to do a modern ecletic, bungalow feel with 5 panel shaker doors, light walls, clean lines, etc. The spacing between the tiles is greater than I asked for...it's more than 1/16", but not quite 1/8". The tile guy is telling me my grout lines will appear thicker than they do now because of the rounded edges of the subway tile.

Attached is a rough picture..I tried to replicate what it could look like once everything is installed. I was planning to use a marble top on the vanity base with a white square vessel sink...I can paint the base of the vanity cabinet white or find a new one depending on which way I go with the grout. The bathroom is small..86"x95"

I am now confused as to whether I should:
-Continue to grout both the floor and walls charcoal (black)..this was the original plan (inspiration pic attached)
-Grout everything with 'Natural Grey' colored grout by Custom
-Grout the floor charcoal, grout the wall tiles white
-Grout both the floor and wall tiles white (and find a white vanity, maybe paint the walls grey to provide dimension)
-Grout the floor grey and wall tiles white

Any ideas or suggestions welcome! Thanks in advance for your help.
Patricia Colwell
Not white grout, it will look gross in a very short time and then you will wish you had done dark, I think I would like the gray, a little softer than black and use it everywhere and why not have a nice gray vanity with square glass vessel sink and white marble counter, some gray towels and maybe the odd yellow or blue one for color.
1 Like   Thanked by ldunlap    February 24, 2014 at 10:10AM
I disagree. I've had a shower with white tiles and white grout for 20 years and the grout is as white as ever. That's what cleaning products with bleach in them are for, after all. I like the more subtle look of white subway tile with a grout that is just a shade or two darker--alabaster or soft taupe or very pale gray. The high contrast of a dark grout calls too much attention to the pattern, making it look busier than it needs to (unless you want a busy look).
5 Likes   Thanked by ldunlap    February 24, 2014 at 10:34AM
Patricia Colwell
I like the gray too, but white grout on the floor still sucks
1 Like   February 24, 2014 at 10:56AM
mefor
How about platinum grout for both? Looks good, very, very pale grey :)
3 Likes   Thanked by ldunlap    February 24, 2014 at 11:02AM
mefor
And seal it well :))
1 Like   February 24, 2014 at 11:03AM
Coastal Home Design Studio
Natural Grey
1 Like   Thanked by ldunlap    February 24, 2014 at 11:09AM
Timeless Interiors
charcoal I think would be the most interesting visually! If you want more WOW factor go darker grout...more subtle look go light grey...but def not white!! Dark grout with white tiles is a great way to update and refresh a timeless look. There is a bathroom in my "bathroom retreat" ideabook that shows white tile/dark grout. It looks spectacular!!!
0 Likes   Thanked by ldunlap    February 24, 2014 at 3:15PM
Need to know if i should use a charcoal gray or lighter gray grout.
Using 3x6 white subway tile in my small bathroom on...
teresalm
Charcoal grey grout vs bright white grout
Hello all, We are renovating our only full bath...
Jennie T
need help with bathroom. am selling house
/Users/justinelaver/Desktop/IMG_1814.jpg/Users/justinelaver/Desktop/IMG_1815.jpg/Users/justinelaver/Desktop/IM/Users/justinelaver/Desktop/IMG_1816.jpgG_1818.JPG/Users/justinelaver/Desktop/IMG_1817.JPG...
Justine Laver
Kitchen Counter Dilemma!
Hi everyone! It's my first time posting! My husband...
Marissa DiGennaro Burg
Bathroom style and color
Here are some bathroom designs..
VANGUARD development
How to neutralize yellow in granite?
We bought our home with this renovated kitchen (see...
tateek
Norman Starburst mirror over fireplace mantle
This mantle needs something big and round instead of...
cabinretreater43