Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
csw77777

window source

C W Interiors Inc
10 years ago
was this window source through a national manufacturer, or built to spec locally
Cabin At Little Pine - Marshall, N.C. · More Info

Comments (3)

• hanke1
    10 years ago
    hey Christopher, we built window on site. used 'rough sawn' lumber so to have a true 2" piece of lumber, used table saw to route out center of all stiles, ordered glass from local glass guy, and put together. Combination of bifold hinges and standard small door hinges. To help with weight and width, we installed a plastic ball bearing on bottom of frame. One thing we would have done different is to make a 'break' in counter as it went from outside to inside space....the cold transfers through the granite counter (probably don't need t worry about this is sunny Fla!) Based on what I see on your site, this would certainly be a doable and easy project for you :) Regards, Bill
  • PRO
    C W Interiors Inc
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Bill thanks for the info.
    What did you use to seal between the panels when they are closed, and along the bottom to the granite. I was thinking some sort of brush type strip, tricky without something to but up against. Top and sides could be a standard kerf type insert.
    If you have any more photos or sketches I would greatly appreciate it.
    Looks great by the way.
  • hanke1
    10 years ago
    did the old fashioned way...foam b/t windows and 2 vinyl sweeps at bottom. also gave owners a little piece of foam, already cut to fit, to go under windows so better insulated for winter...this house was at about 4000 ft elevation.