Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
debrapaley

debrapaley
12 years ago
I love this look and I am looking to do something similar in my kitchen but am concerned about doing a white backsplash against these ikea cabinets which I believe are not a pure white. I think they are more of an off white. Any suggestions and/or do you think it would be a problem?
Untitled #3 · More Info

Comments (3)

• PRO
    designs by human.
    12 years ago
    Thanks for the comment! I think the white backsplash with the off white cabinets is a great look. I specifically choose these IKEA cabinets because they were not bright white but more of an off white/cream color. Coordinating the colors can depend on what your flooring is and what your countertop material is, everything has to go together. Send me a few photos; I’d be happy to look at it with you.
  • debrapaley
    Original Author
    12 years ago
    thanks so much - what's the best way to send you info? do you have an email address where I can reach you? thanks again....
  • PRO
    designs by human.
    12 years ago
    You can email me any questions at info@whatisdbh.biz, thanks!
  • Meryl Weissman
    11 years ago
    which IKEA cabinets are these?
  • PRO
    designs by human.
    11 years ago
    Hi @Meryl Weissman, these are the IKEA "Adel" cabinets. They are a low to mid-range priced door but have proved to be very durable. I believe they make them in three total colors. If you have any further questions let me know. Thanks!
  • Meryl Weissman
    11 years ago
    Thanks. Glad to hear they are durable. We were looking at our budget and estimates for labor last night and think we will need to go down the ikea route and was pleased to see how nice this kitchen looked.
  • PRO
    designs by human.
    11 years ago
    Thanks for the comments; I do believe the IKEA product in this regard is quite good. I have done several kitchens (see another project with this cabinet http://www.houzz.com/projects/31490/Contemporary-Interior---LP) and they all turn out good. I do recommend paying someone to actually build and install the cabinets unless you are handy. In most cases they are easy to do, but somewhat difficult to get perfectly square unless you have all the right tools and knowhow. Expect to pay about $35 to $50 per cabinet box as an estimate. Hope this helps!
  • Anna Keeve
    10 years ago
    I am doing white (clear/glass tile) against Adel "off-white" which looks white too, but I am worried it will look cream when it gets in there against the glass/white tile (did you end up doing the white backsplash?). Is it white enough to achieve a clean white-ish look, with white glass tile blacksplash? I am doing Azul Aran counter top (granite) and Blacksburg Barn wood floor. LOVE your projects!!
  • PRO
    designs by human.
    10 years ago
    Hi @annachick, thanks for the comment! The backsplash in this kitchen is white subway tile, I have used white glass tile with white cabinets before as well and it looks great. What countertop are you planning on using? Please feel free to email me with any specific questions, thanks!