Lazy Susans?
Do you use lazy Susans in your house? We had one on my kitchen table growing up, and I don't have one as an adult. How about you?

Share your experience! (photos encouraged)

Lori Dennis, ASID, LEED AP
I have rectangular table so it won't work, but I always suggest this for informal round dining tables!
February 28, 2014 at 4:31PM     
The hinge of the lazy susan door came off and we just left it that way until it was time for renovation.
February 28, 2014 at 4:36PM   
bluenan
I don't like the look of a lot of food on the table and it promotes over-eating, so no.
February 28, 2014 at 4:37PM     
LOL bluenan- you do not have to have food on a lazy susan at all times. I like the look of the lazy susan in your photo Emily and think they do come in handy at meal times to spin the condiments around the table;)
I can see the new warning label coming out on lazy susans ....Caution this device may promote over eating and lead to obesity, may be fatal upon consuming large amounts of food. Please ask your doctor if this is the right product for you. Some side effects have been reported. Should you get the urge to gamble call your doctor immediately and quit using the lazy susan immediately;))))))
February 28, 2014 at 4:53PM     
There are days I would pay to come on Houzz lol *wiping tears*
February 28, 2014 at 4:54PM     
sondramartina
I have it on my patio table and I never liked it. It just takes valuable space and it is not deep enough so you can only put some small dishes. So no lazy Susan for me.
February 28, 2014 at 5:05PM     
edithsmom
Margo, surely I can't be the only person who looks for your comments on discussions. This latest is priceless!!! Thanks for the laugh.
February 28, 2014 at 6:35PM     
Brandi
Beautiful room! Lazy Susan or not! O and Margo that comment was the best! Haha! :-)
February 28, 2014 at 7:05PM     
hanna1984
NOT on my table! In my cabinet to hold my spices - YES!
February 28, 2014 at 7:07PM     
sage0807
My parents had one growing up and I was the brunt of all the jokes (my name is Susan) so I have never considered one for my home =)
February 28, 2014 at 7:09PM     
armygirl1987
Margo you nailed it. LOL
February 28, 2014 at 7:19PM     
Phyllis
We have several lazy susans...but they are inside a cabinet holding our assortment of vitamins. Not on the dining table. In my most humble opinion they take away a little from the appearance of the table itself. A nice arrangement (even if it's made of silk to avoid water spots on the wood finish) is preferable to me. But that's me.
March 1, 2014 at 4:49AM   
kimmie014
I just finished remodeling our kitchen and I love our lazy Susan on the island.
March 1, 2014 at 5:10AM     
kimmie014
I am planning on putting a large wooden bowl there eventually but we sit at the island a lot and I love putting food on it.
March 1, 2014 at 5:12AM     
Phyllis
Kwhite, that's a gorgeous kitchen remodel...hope you have many many happy moments in your new kitchen!
March 1, 2014 at 5:14AM     
kimmie014
This is what it looked like a month ago.
March 1, 2014 at 6:27AM     
Phyllis
What a wonderful change...so light and airy now! Lucky you...:-)
March 1, 2014 at 6:29AM     
Kwhite- *Bravo*, great kitchen remodel;) AND, in one month no less;))
March 1, 2014 at 6:31AM     
kimmie014
You have to check out my discussions, it was definitely a journey ;-)
March 1, 2014 at 7:56AM   
ekoorbjul
we had one at a table for eight people one day parents were not home we put it on the floor an took turns spinning each other till we got caught
March 1, 2014 at 8:36AM     
dianarobin
depends if the slightly "cluttered" look will bother you. agree that they can be useful, but it would drive me crazy to have the salt, pepper, napkins, etc. out all the time.
March 1, 2014 at 8:39AM     
Valter fon Eynik
Have made not so long time ago for order this one. Didn't use in our house previously, but, I think, I'll make something special for us when we'll move soon:)
March 1, 2014 at 9:18AM   
N.Y. Kitchen Reface
The newest lazy susans are very easy to install and there are so many options! Still the best option for corner cabinet storage.
March 1, 2014 at 11:07AM     
rew555
Lazy susan- in cabinets - yes! Wonderful for spices, n in cabinets below i use it for pots n pans . I store all pot lids inside a stock pots so they dont fall. As for table use, i prefer to put a center placemat with salt n pepper shakers and use a crystal pitcher to hold a few extra forks, spoons, knives.
March 1, 2014 at 7:54PM     
ruthmand
Have a lazy susan in the liquor cabinet makes finding what you want so much easier than having to take front bottles out to see what's behind.
March 2, 2014 at 10:34AM   
dyhana
Have two lazy susans in my fridge & they work well. Things do not get pushed to the black back then.
March 2, 2014 at 11:51AM   
wantsideas
I have glass lazy susan on the kitchen table but I don't leave things on it except at meal time.
March 2, 2014 at 4:42PM   
bluebird0211
I like mine for setting hot dishes right from the oven to the table. It takes a beating but I like that it protects my table.
March 2, 2014 at 9:46PM   
bethbevington
I live in Napa and it seems lazy Susan's are a great way to serve cheeses, spreads and fruits. I bought one in Oregon a few years ago, and really use it.
March 2, 2014 at 9:53PM     
Studio M Interior Design
We have one although it's rarely ever used. I like the retro kitsch to it and pull it out for appetizers and entertaining friends every once in awhile. They're perfect for when you're playing cards or board games with friends or family
March 3, 2014 at 6:48AM   
Sustainable Dwellings
Margo... is that why I gained weight in our last house? Spinning condiments, and dreaming of roulette tables?
March 3, 2014 at 8:50AM     
Sustainable- looks like you fell into the data given as the side effects of lazy susan ownership. I hope you reported this to your doctor as conclusive evidence in regards to the surgeon generals warning label. I think the goverment will step in soon and abolish them. A recall program will be put in place to surrender all lazy susans or a "special" tax will be put on them and you will have to submit this information to your insurance company. If any said illness can be traced back to lazy susan ownership, coverage will be denied. You have been warned;)
March 3, 2014 at 9:11AM     
As a side note: Las Vegas has been giving away lazy susans with each casino check in;)
March 3, 2014 at 9:14AM     
Genevieve
The only time that I use one is if I decorate a cake .
March 3, 2014 at 10:34AM     
pegingolf
One on the rectangular diningroom table with a seasonal table centre, which usually comes off the table when dining or moved to one end. The other is on the island beside tthe stove with spices encircling the flowerpot with the wooden spoons, etc. couldn't do without either one!
March 3, 2014 at 3:18PM   
Lazy Susan solutions
Our house did not come with a door for the lazy Susan,...
Revo Lazy Susan vs Corner Shelves
For those who have experience with either, or both,...
lazy susan
“Do you custom make lazy susans like the one in the...
TACKY PANTRY DOOR
Previous owners took down the other standard door...
KItchen remodel stainless applainces off white cabinets
Just put in stainless appliances as part of a kitchen...
Would LOVE some new paint color ideas for my DINING, LIVING and FOYER
I am tired of the gold and red in my dining room, living...
Sofas with white slipcovers - good or bad idea?
I love the vintage/cottage/shabby chic look of sofas...
Need help with painting little cabinet
Thinking about painting this little cabinet. It's made...