help me with my apartment

munii87March 2, 2014
the paint is light grey and there is alot of space in the dining room
Warner Decor
Hi! Here are a few recommendations for wall art:

http://deciture.com/shop/decor/home-decorators-collection/parallels-wine-storage/

(unique wine rack)

http://deciture.com/shop/decor/home-decorators-collection/grace-antiqued-mirrors-set-4/
(rustic)
    Bookmark   March 2, 2014 at 12:42PM
carole
there is plenty space in the dining roomto put in a hutch and diningtable...
    Bookmark   March 2, 2014 at 1:04PM
verorego
Using table with glass top and glass from floor to ceiling, will have the effect of greater space.
    Bookmark   March 2, 2014 at 1:48PM
verorego
A wall covered with fillets of stone, and the option of a few large paintings, crystal chandelier over the table, give effect to the casual elegance.
    Bookmark   March 2, 2014 at 1:59PM
bungalowmo
I think the last thing you need is more cold, hard edges. Unless that is actually the look you're going for.

If you want a warmer, more welcoming palette of colors & textures, please don't be afraid of color! From area rugs to wall coverings & linens.

If you'd like a hutch, here's a google image search for hutches:
https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1384&bih=638&q=hutch&oq=hutch&gs_l=img.3..0l10.4924.7113.0.9305.5.4.0.1.1.0.187.638.0j4.4.0....0...1ac.1.36.img..0.5.649.P2OiQeaCvfA#imgdii=_
This will give you ideas of what you like or don't. You don't have any ideabooks started here, so we really have no idea what appeals to you.

Personally, I think you have enough white already.
1 Like    Bookmark   March 2, 2014 at 2:13PM
verorego
To play safe leaving clear base, use soft colors and large colorful paintings of art. The final effect is pleasing.
    Bookmark   March 2, 2014 at 2:28PM
bungalowmo
Why play safe?
    Bookmark   March 2, 2014 at 2:54PM
verorego
Why not decorator, and is seeking ideas on line.
    Bookmark   March 2, 2014 at 2:59PM
Thos. Baker
From your living room photo, I can see you lean towards grays, purples, black and white. Also, it appears the kitchen, dining and living room are an open floor plan, so the color scheme needs to move nicely between those areas. You can go casual or formal dining, it's a matter of personal preference. However, I see that you have a small child, so I would think it's better to stay away from glass tables only because the corners tend to be much sharper. I'm going to shoot for ideas that mix casual and formal dining. I'm going with black -- to tie in the black and gray accents in the living room pillows.

The top left is my favorite. It's casual and contemporary. The gray fabric end chairs tie in with the gray shades of your pillows, the black table ties in with the black pillows, as does the seats in the chairs. The wood in the side chairs adds warmth.

Christi, on behalf of Thos. Baker
    Bookmark   March 2, 2014 at 3:37PM
Thos. Baker
To draw on the purples, you could go with a large piece of wall art and hang it by the dining table. Something big and rectangle. Am posting different concepts in art, such as landscape, photography and abstract. Some are bold, some are softer. Again, it's a matter of personal preference and what kind of mood you want to create in the room!

Christi, on behalf of Thos. Baker
2 Likes    Bookmark   March 2, 2014 at 3:59PM
munii87
I have already white dinigtable what dinigchair should I put ? and for the empty wall can I put wainscoting and wallpaper above it ? what do u think for this wall paper and I think also I put frames on it
    Bookmark   March 2, 2014 at 11:22PM
carole
its a nice wallpaper but white on white,not sure if it will have a lot of impact....is there another color you like green bleu purple yellow red pink ???
1 Like    Bookmark   March 3, 2014 at 1:58AM
Wall & PAPER
We agree with Carole... a splash of color can make a wonderful impact to your space
1 Like    Bookmark   March 3, 2014 at 3:12AM
carole
it was bungalowmo who got the idea first ;-),but yes,i hope we can convince you to be a bit more daring and let you "show your treu colors" . .
1 Like    Bookmark   March 3, 2014 at 4:38AM
chookchook2
Yes. Greyed down pastels are coming into fashion.
1 Like    Bookmark   March 3, 2014 at 4:43AM
carole
gray or grayed down.....
1 Like    Bookmark   March 3, 2014 at 4:52AM
munii87
what about the diingchairs which colour can I match with it and rug?
    Bookmark   March 3, 2014 at 6:31AM
munii87
what about the dinigchair which colour can I match with it and rug? and plz gibe me more adea pictures :(
    Bookmark   March 3, 2014 at 6:33AM
carole
hi munii,at the moment you are in a great position to choose any color you like..Christy (tos Baker)and bugalowmo and verogego and i have already put in pictures with different chairs and other ideas,can you tell us which you like or dislike....... what is a color you would like,we can give you better ideas if you give us some more information...one thing i have to tell you...i think the diningtable you have is too small for the room,if you have the choice get a bigger table...
1 Like    Bookmark   March 3, 2014 at 6:52AM
Thos. Baker
Carole has made excellent points. The room is large and most things are "white/beige." We're encouraging the use of color and we need you to tell us what color scheme you would enjoy the most. You have a blank canvas right now, except that your sofa has some colored pillows and that does have a bit of impact on an open floor plan, as the colors need to blend throughout the whole space.

I also agree with Carole that your dining table appears too small for the room, but if you want to keep it or budget requires that you keep it, I'm sure we can come up with some ideas to fill the space. Can you please post a photo of what the chairs look like?

Christi, on behalf of Thos. Baker
1 Like    Bookmark   March 3, 2014 at 11:32AM
Need help furnishing my apartment from scratch!
Hey everyone, I will be renting a new place starting...
alanang
Please help me decorate my apartment Living Room
I have a small living room space that I am trying to...
Brenda Robinson
Need help for my living room in my apartment
Hello I need help choosing paints for my living room....
rgreen04
Need help decorating my first apartment !
24 yr old female from New York. not sure how to make...
shayy fenty
Please help me with the layout of my new apartment! Diagram included
I made a very bad diagram of the space (should be approximately...
loser3175
Should I replace my 40 year old cast cast iron tub, while remodeling?
Our old tub is in pretty good shape. But, seems like...
jaw4x2
help for bed room layout
Hello, I have A very small master bed room with three...
Joy Lane
My master bath is gutted.
Looking for a rich, warmer toned real onyx stone 18...
jonesp1234
Need advice pulling this room together!
So many dilemmas in this one! I moved into this rental...
rr24
Family room
Do you think I should add curtains or a valence to...
barbies85