shiraz
February 15, 2012 in Photo Questions
Hi Daniel,

Can these Woolly pockets be used to grow some herbs? I would love to have a functional and interesting way to grow herbs on our balcony for use in the kitchen. Have you seen culinary plants grown as wall art...?
Daniel Nolan for Flora Grubb Gardens
great question, I recently did a project where the client initially wanted an edible wall- the problem is that it becomes an issue of aesthetics vs. function. Most edibles have a relatively short growing period before they flower and expire, then you're left with barespots and the issues only multiply when you try to do this indoors where most edibles don't thrive. So, depending on your climate and if you can do this outdoors, stick with hardy everygreens- mint, parsley,rosemary, thymes even strawberries could work and look full enough for a cohesive design. Good luck!
1 Like   February 15, 2012 at 12:12PM
shiraz
Thank you for your thoughtful response. Yes, I can definitely see the challenge with the aesthetics side of using herbs. I'm going to look at your suggestions and do more research. Maybe I'll do a mix of succulents and edibles. We'll see. Thanks again!
0 Likes   February 15, 2012 at 9:16PM
Flooring for 2 story lake house renovation
Need advise on flooring for a 2 story lake house. The...
Need help to fill this empty space!
I need to fill this space as it just seems too empty...
Headache or hobbit's room?
We moved into a Cape Cod with some very unique features....
Need ideas to harmonize design with new tufted bed and Ikea dressers
We currently have Ikea Malm dressers, a 6-drawer and...
MCM Fireplace Design Delima
Not sure what to do with our living room fireplace....