Where do you leave messages in your home?
Jeannie Nguyen
When you have a message to tell your kids, husband, wife, or any family member, where do you usually leave your note?

The fridge? The front door? Bedroom door?

Tell us your favorite place to leave your notes around your home. If you have photos, post them too!

Lynda
I used to leave messages on the kitchen counter - now I just send a quick text. No worries about them missing the note.
March 4, 2014 at 4:23PM     
hanna1984
We text too, lol!
March 4, 2014 at 4:34PM     
Jeannie Nguyen
I actually still write post-it notes on the fridge for my roommate. Here's an example of one of my latest messages:
"Gone for a run. If I'm not back by 8pm, it means I have died. Alert the authorities, immediately! And yes, you can have my TV if I am in fact dead."

I'm not weird. :)
March 4, 2014 at 4:36PM     
Curt D'Onofrio
On the hallway chalk board.
March 4, 2014 at 4:39PM     
condomary
No notes, my cats can't read. I use the notepad on my phone to write myself reminders or email myself at work.
March 4, 2014 at 5:04PM     
jehaller
Whiteboard on the fridge
March 4, 2014 at 5:17PM     
rredpenn
We text each other now. But, when the kids are home, we still sometimes have to write "Do Not Eat This--It is MINE!!" on the takeout boxes from restaurants. Otherwise, someone in the family will take liberties...
March 4, 2014 at 8:00PM     
Barnhart Gallery
Sadly, if I'm leaving a written message rather than a text, the only place I can be sure that the gentlemen of the house will see it is directly on top of the video game controller, written in bright Sharpie.
March 4, 2014 at 8:42PM     
mmers
I leave a note right next to the kitchen sink. Texts would be useless as my husband rarely would check them. I've tried leaving VMs - same thing. So a big note next to the sink and 'sometimes' he even sees it....
March 4, 2014 at 9:37PM     
danieBOB
Text message, Facebook message are our main go tos. Otherwise, hand written notes go on our laptop keyboards on the coffee table.
March 4, 2014 at 9:51PM     
yvonnecmartin
I borrowed an idea from store-keepers and have a permanent note that I place on the kitchen counter that is right next to the telephone and in the hallway between the garage entrance and the TV. I move the paper clip to the appropriate time. One side tells when I plan to return from shopping, the other is tells when I plan to return from a walk. Saves a lot of note-writing and hubby knows where to look for a message when I am not at home.
March 4, 2014 at 10:24PM     
chookchook2
Telepathically, while glaring. Past nagging gives them a clue .
March 4, 2014 at 11:28PM     
solraven
Depends on the time of day. If it's night time, and I want him to get it before he leaves for work in the morning, I leave a Post It on the kitchen-to-garage door. If I want him to see it when he comes home, I leave it on the coffee table, in the Cave.
March 5, 2014 at 1:10AM     
shillegeist
My husband & I write each other notes with a dry erase pen on the backdoor window.
March 5, 2014 at 1:39PM     
filomenafortun
We have a telephone alcove near the kitchen. Lower part has a cork board with pins and above it is a decorative big key with hooks for house and car keys. All new mails and notes go to the alcove. But in the past few years, the cork board for notes has been of less use, switching to SMS and FB....
March 5, 2014 at 4:02PM   
lucidos
Chalk board...excuse the appearance there is a Hoosier cabinet that will be going in this portion of the kitchen that I'm waiting for spring to refinish. (Gazes at the 4 1/2 feet of snow out the window). It's in an awkward spot so my handwriting is a bit sideways but the first thing you see when you walk in the kitchen .
March 5, 2014 at 11:55PM     
Studio M Interior Design
We have a fun dry erase board designed by Jonathan Adler for Wall Pops! on our refrigerator where everyone can write a little note. Mainly just the groceries that need to be bought next time at the store, though.
March 6, 2014 at 6:53AM   
Bedding like this?
I've been searching off and on for a while. This is...
A Big Blank Wall!
This is my living room. We just moved in this summer,...
Deconstructed Chairs: Trendy or Timeless?
Do you think this style of chair will be dated in a...
How many walls should I paint?
I've started painting a guest room in a quilted fashion...