Which room is the hottest/coldest in your home?
Jeannie Nguyen
Do you have a particular room in your home that is always the coldest no matter how high the heater is blasting? Or do you have a room in your home that's always so hot no matter how long you have the a/c on?

Tell us which room is the hottest or coldest in your home and what you try to do to fight the crazy climate.

belleharoon
Yes it's my nook area that was once an outdoor porch. We are currently renovating so I'm taking the opportunity to put a little bit of spray foam on the studs of the outside walls to help with the climate concerns.concerns.
March 5, 2014 at 5:12PM   
coconuts1234
Our master bathroom is FREEZING! The floor is brutally cold and it's above a finished part of the basement. So odd!
March 5, 2014 at 6:05PM   
Snaggy
Kitchen the coldest ..sitting room the hottest
March 6, 2014 at 12:39PM   
gconsentino
every room in my house is cold because it is a converted cottage. I have tried everything from plastic on the windows to curtains etc... the floors are very cold and trying to find anything to help. Any ideas?
March 6, 2014 at 2:38PM   
jdforney
Our kitchen is the coldest in the winter as there's no radiator. It's also over the garage, so the small amount of insulation in the garage ceiling doesn't do much to help. It's so cold that our water line to the fridge freezes when it's below 10 degrees outside (the line runs at the back of the cabinets, along the outside wall).

In the summer, the kitchen's often the hottest room in the house, but only when I'm cooking :)
March 6, 2014 at 3:21PM   
Jeannie Nguyen
Growing up at my parents' house, my bedroom was always the hottest. It was great during the winter, but during the summer, it was unbearable. What's even worse was I always had my computer and TV running at all times. Smart Jeannie, smart.
March 6, 2014 at 4:56PM   
Studio M Interior Design
The master bedroom is always the hottest, and if the heat is on it's almost too much. The hall bathroom is always the coldest though. It's a weird little issue that we live with lol
March 7, 2014 at 5:32AM   
newman1958
I have a frog room that is both. (Family room over the garage) I will partially close the vents to direct more ac and heat into the room. I hang a triple curtain layer up at the window to keep the heat out. We have also put an ac unit in the window when used as a bedroom. For additional heating just a small portable heater.
March 9, 2014 at 7:10PM   
CGH Celebrates Hottest Oscar Trends : Red Carpet to Home!
On Sunday evening, we all gathered around for this...
2013's Hottest Home Trends and Easy Upgrades
In the kitchen Kitchens need to be functional, but...
Which topiary would you put at the entrance to your home?
Once on each side of the front door? Which is your...
Which Natural stones you choose for your home and why?
Marble Granite Travertine Limestone Slate Sandstone Quartzite...
BEACH ROOM
What should I put in my room to change it from plain...
Pattern or plain
Small condo bathroom with floor pattern in the picture...
Need help arranging the tiles I've chosen.
I've chosen white, beveled, 4x8 subway tiles for my...
Need help with front door color
Our house is gray and taupe brick