Where do we hang our towel bars?
Alysha McColl
We have almost completed our bathroom renovations but cannot figure out where to hang towel bars and what size to buy. We have our hearts set on the Kohler Fairfax line. http://search.ca.kohler.com/?all=u1&country=ca&i=1&q=fairfax§ion=Bathroom&u1=q We have ordered the toilet paper holder but have not decided about towel bars as we don't know where to put them.
laurakdesigns
How about on the right wall just above the tile? Then a hand towel ring on the wall left of the vanity
March 5, 2014 at 8:24pm   
Alysha McColl
We would like two towel bars for two sets of bath towels. If we put them on the long wall we are afraid there will be too much "stuff" on one wall with the toilet paper roll. We were thinking on the back of the door but we are afraid they could chip or crack the glass shower.
March 5, 2014 at 8:41pm   
kmkane
Are there two door going into this bathroom? I'm having a hard time figuring out the layout and where the shower is
March 5, 2014 at 8:49pm   
Lynnie
Have a round towel ring for your hand towel on the wall near your vanity. Have two sets of bar racks closer to your shower. Your bathrrom looks lovely btw. This is a project we are doing soon.
March 5, 2014 at 8:50pm   
Lunada Consulting & Design, Inc.
The good thing is you have options! Consider a hotel style towel rack above the toilet this would also provide a place for towel storage. Another option would be a double towel opposite the toilet. The double towel bar would give you the storage without bars taking up all the walls. I also like the hand towel ring on the wall left of the vanity. Looks great!
March 5, 2014 at 8:52pm     
Alysha McColl
There are two doors going into the bathroom. When you stand facing the shower, to the left of the shower is the pocket door that goes into the large walk-through closet (which, in turn, is attached to the master bedroom), to the right is the door to the hallway. We live in a bungalow so it is the only bathroom on the main floor.
March 5, 2014 at 8:59pm   
Alysha McColl
I don't think we can put it on the wall opposite the toilet as this is a "fake" wall as there is a pocket door behind it. It's not very sturdy.
March 5, 2014 at 9:04pm   
laurakdesigns
You could use those wall anchors that pop out into a T shape after you put them in the wall. They are very sturdy.
March 5, 2014 at 9:19pm   
landerson724
I would put the paper holder on the side of the vanity out of sight, then mount the two towel bars on the long wall under the window, right below the accent stripe.
March 5, 2014 at 9:27pm        Thanked by Alysha McColl
Debby Tanner-Giraud
How about hanging a cabinet over the toilet area and then towel bar beneath that?
March 5, 2014 at 9:38pm   
Kohler Design Center
I would go with double towel bar over toilet. Fairfax does not have that option, so I would go with Kohler Devonshire K-11053. I would also place a robe hook over by the shower to put a towel on before you get in.
http://www.us.kohler.com/us/Devonshire-24-double-towel-bar/productDetail/Towel-Bars/422051.htm?skuId=379819&brandId=430176&pageName=globalSearch&isRedirectedTo=true&searchTerm=10553&_requestid=493519
March 6, 2014 at 8:58am     
abbyjean
Guessing there will be two mirrors over the vanity? What about a free standing towel holder on the vanity between the mirrors for that area?

I also like the idea of putting the toilet paper holder on the end of the vanity, out of sight, but very handy.

Our son and his wife chose hooks to hang their shower towels on when they built their new home and they have been very happy with that choice.
March 6, 2014 at 9:20am   
njschaefer78
Second the double bar over the toilet - we did that in our last house. Another option is to put one inside the shower. The person we ordered hardware from for our new house said that as long as they are in a part of the shower that there is not direct spray, they should be fine.
March 6, 2014 at 9:44am   
tarabess
I have a 19" glass shelf with brushed nickel bar over the toilet. This allows me to hang decorative hand towels,3. Then on the glass shelf I have 3 rolled wash clothes with 3 folded hand towels for guest. Above that a small bathroom themed picture. For family bath towels I found a towel tree rack that attaches to the door hindges like the one at this web address http://www.amazon.com/Household-Essentials-Clutterbuster-Hanging-Clothing/dp/B001AX0QD2 and they offer hooks for the towels like others have suggested. Of course a towel ring close to the sink and I agree with the TP out of sight but handy how about a TP stand? A roman shade with texture for the window would continue clean and unclutterd look. The rest of the walls how about art or pictures. The design has clean lines and beautiful.
March 7, 2014 at 4:37am   
Lisa Williams
I much prefer towel hooks over bars...it's easier and looks better! Any towel bars I usually replace with hooks, or add decorative S hooks to hang towels to dry.
March 7, 2014 at 9:51am   
rowdysteph
How about a free standing heated towel rack on the wall across from the toilet? (I love the option to make my towel toasty warm).
March 8, 2014 at 7:04pm   
Genevieve
you can drill holes into the tiles for them if you go above they will be too high .
March 8, 2014 at 7:32pm   
Another Thyme
I put a towel rack in each bedroom. Towels don't need to be washed every time they are used so if each person has their own towel they can reuse it a time or two. Then you just need a couple of hand towels in the washroom.
March 9, 2014 at 11:05am   
kmkane
I don't use towel bars anymore. Husband doesn't bother folding the towels nicely after he's used them, so they look sloppy, plus, since they're wet, here in the northwest, they can get moldy smelling. So I went to hooks too, and was able to place them over the heat vents. It looks like you have very limited space because of your pocket doors. Sorry,not much help!
March 9, 2014 at 1:46pm     
Lynnie
Hooks are nice as kmkane mentioned. They can dry easily. Some people with install the racks that come out from the edge of your door. Personally, I don't care for the look, though I think it does have some practicality.

Also, a metal bakers rack spray painted so it won't rust can be used nicely for your new towels.
March 9, 2014 at 4:51pm   
kmkane
Here's ours for an idea
March 9, 2014 at 6:23pm   
Craig CraigMDesigns
Towel hooks give a bathroom a spa look, and I think two by the window will work. I would do a nice Roman shade on the window and a good sized piece of art on the pocket door wall ( I did this in my remodel). A floating shelf or two over the toilet will give you space for display and storage.
March 9, 2014 at 7:10pm     
Sustainable Dwellings
Hooks for the towels, then towers for the toilet paper rather than wall mounted.
March 9, 2014 at 7:13pm   
Fireplace brickwork -- what to do?
I am wondering whether this fireplace is too oldfashioned...
Bedroom help
I ordered a chocolate brown bedroom set... What would...
Lordy Lordy, Margo's -
Actually, I don't know how old Margo is, but I do know...
Paint colour for basement room opening onto garden?
I'm painting a basement room in my townhouse which...
Cozy living room
How to achieve a very cozy inviting warm feeling living...