Need help arranging furniture in living/family room
steelinkMarch 6, 2014
I would like to get rid of the entertainment center and get a flat screen television. Where to put it? Plan to use wall shelves (floating) on large wall where entertainment center now is. How best to arrange seating? Additional seating somewhere also?
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
karemore55
Bump.
    Bookmark   Thanked by steelink    March 6, 2014 at 5:09PM
steelink
Bump?
1 Like    Bookmark   March 9, 2014 at 7:46PM
condomary
A bump is the same as a comment. It keeps your post active so other posters can maybe help.
2 Likes    Bookmark   March 9, 2014 at 7:51PM
karemore55
Sorry, steelink, I read your dilemma the other night and couldn't think of anything helpful for you. Condomary is correct - I posted the bump comment just to try and keep your dilemma active. I figured sooner or later someone with fresh eyes would come along and help you!
1 Like    Bookmark   March 9, 2014 at 9:01PM
remike
Why not out the tv over the fireplace. Looks like enough room there for a good sized one. Then just redirect your seating to turn to the left a little bit.
    Bookmark   March 9, 2014 at 9:05PM
pluto1234
Do u have a floor plan? Where the entry way, and I see bar stools. Is there a kitchen? You want to place furniture so it flows into the next room and the there should be color that connects the two rooms. U can always get the tv on the well. Not sure if you were planning in that. I
    Bookmark   March 9, 2014 at 9:20PM
PRO
A Crew of Two
I think you are missing the opportunity to make the fireplace the focal point. How do you use this room? How many people do you need to seat at one time?
1 Like    Bookmark   June 21, 2014 at 3:29PM
steelink
This is our living/family room. It's where we live. We never use the fireplace-it came with the house. It is open to the kitchen/eating area as one big room. We average 3-4 seating at one time. The entry door (which no one uses is opposite the windows with a large foyer. This end of the room is also where access to the bedrooms, bathrooms and secondary entry for the kitchen, laundry and garage.
    Bookmark   June 21, 2014 at 3:55PM
PRO
A Crew of Two
These are photos if you would just paint the entertainment center white. The 3rd is an idea for the floating shelves- they could look really amazing. Even if the fireplace is never used it is so pretty. I would love to see the artwork to the right of the entertainment center over the FP. Do you use the two chairs the most for sitting? If so i would face those towards the TV, together with a table between them. Then face the sofa perpendicular to the TV facing the back window. Showhome 2010 - 2 Tree Section Residence Small Wonder
2 Likes    Bookmark   Thanked by steelink    June 21, 2014 at 6:39PM
decoenthusiaste
I rarely suggest this, but since you don't use the FP it will seem like a wasted feature in the room if you don't do something with it. How about putting the TV above it and then turning the sofa parallel to it with the other two flanking the sofa as they do now. With better pix of the other furniture pieces you have, better suggestions may come forth. Comment here and use the Attach Images button to add more pix.
1 Like    Bookmark   June 21, 2014 at 7:48PM
steelink
I love the idea about painting the unit white or just doing the shelves. I like the idea of furniture placement too, which is what I was asking for. Thanks again.
1 Like    Bookmark   June 22, 2014 at 10:37AM