Picture Frame/Dining Room
smartin1
March 8, 2014 in Before & After
What do you think? I had an old wreath redone for a few dollars and hung it in the frame. After and before...
Warner Decor
Nice! I think that the lamp and the vase are too similar in height. I think I would lose the lamp, get another vase that is smaller, and see how you like the two vases on the left side and something like this on the right:
http://deciture.com/shop/decor/pier-1-imports/black-metal-lantern-24/

What do you think?
March 8, 2014 at 11:14am     
Design Connection, Inc
I agree with above comment. The lamps is to short for the size of the frame. Something long narrow and sleek would look great.
March 8, 2014 at 5:03pm   
smartin1
Changed out for a candlestick (that was in my kitchen - ignore the paint tape).
March 8, 2014 at 6:58pm   
zsazsajanny
I think that what you've done on the wall with the old frame looks great! You could really 'up' the look by adding another a third item. Right now, you have only 2 items (one on either side of the frame) and both of them are very similar in height. My eye wants the lamp to be the tallest with two items on the left to be shorter and shortest. I think 3 items are needed to properly balance the scene.
March 8, 2014 at 9:31pm   
bungalowmo
I like this! But...not everything has to match on each side.

What do you think about scooting the buffet (to the right) to just outside the edge of the picture frame & place the lamp in what would be the center of the frame edge & buffet edge?

Maybe a low candy dish or a set of very low votives on the buffet just in front of frame..

I think your idea above would work if the buffet were maybe twice as wide as it is.
March 9, 2014 at 1:05pm   
bungalowmo
I really do like the paint job you did with the buffet, walls & everything. That buffet is adorable!!
March 9, 2014 at 1:10pm   
smartin1
Thanks! The ideas are great! I'm so excited to get some things updated!
March 9, 2014 at 6:36pm   
Sandy G. ltd.
-- Well, one more concept! And you know that this tablescape can change all of the time. .
You could put a mini collection of old, beat-up pewter from the thrift shops. Different shapes, heights, color of pewter, whatever you like. Frame an old sepia print of your great grandfather in a pewter frame. You can get pewter paint and give an old frame a coat of that.

These kinds of DIYs are so much fun to develop. Your framed wreath is adorable! You have color in the arrangement -green and , is it a grape or navy in the clover?, and you could certainly pull those down in tiny amounts. Maybe in the cover of a small Victorian novel?
March 9, 2014 at 7:05pm   
Sandy G. ltd.
-- You might have? a couple of these. Could be added to your cabinet top for something a little different,
March 9, 2014 at 7:21pm   
Which shades make you pale?
The colour of spaces you inhabit can make or break...
Do I need 2 Coffee tables in my living room?
I have a glass square one ...nice but doesn't work...
What do you miss most about your parent's house?
It could be a particular piece of furniture, the smell,...
What should I do with this brick?
I'm planning to redo the siding on my house, need ideas...