Thoughts on white high gloss cabinets in kitchen?
Sheila Davisson
March 8, 2014 in Design Dilemma
Really love the modern look. our mid century ranch with floor to ceiling windows would support the look wonderfully! But we have little kids and wondering about fingerprints, stains, cleaning, etc? Any experience/reviews would be helpful- thx!!!!!
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
Patricia Colwell
I have them in my MCM house, the kitchen is very open and gets a lot of action.I have had the cabinets with no problems for 6 yrs. Grandkids running in and out parties around the island and we entertain lots. I find the easiest way to care for them is just wipe them down with vinegar and water very easy.I have never had anything stain them, I am not sure I would have the area by the stools in high gloss whit, I have a stainless custom panel there in my kitchen just about where all the feet touch it.
March 14, 2014 at 7:15am   
PRO
PLATEMARK DESIGN
High gloss finishes accented sparingly are very beautiful and effective. The benefits well outweigh a fingerprint or two. Best secret for keeping high gloss finishes (wood, paint, chrome, etc) in perfect shined condition: Wizards Mist-N-Shine Professional Detailer. We recommend it for all our clients. Use it with a microfiber cloth.
March 14, 2014 at 7:59am   
PRO
LA Furniture Store
What is great about high gloss cabinets is that they are easy to wipe down! you can make it fun and have colored cabinets. If you are still worried about fingerprints and messes, think about distorted glass cabinets for a low maintenance modern look
March 14, 2014 at 11:46am