Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jessiepappas

need help with my home office

Jessie Pappas
10 years ago
Hi, I am a graphic/web designer, and i have just purchased a new home. I have a "parlor room" in my house, that i want to use as my home office. I found this incredible vintage sofa and desk at a garage sale here in Vegas, and now i need to start pulling it all together to create a space that is inspiring, and exciting to walk in to. The sofa and the desk are permanent fixtures. I love them. But i need some design advice on colors to compliment them. The sofa is in here because it is an amazing piece to me and i want it to be a focal point when people walk in through the front door. The front door is on the right of the office photo. so it will one of the first things people will see upon entering my house. The desk i have on that specific wall because the of the windows and the amount of light i would like to have in there, will not reflect on my monitor. I am flex on the office chair - its just what i have been using.
Graphic design comes very natural to me, however, interior design does not for some reason. Perhaps the scale of the project is hard for me to envision unless i have a visual. SO! Any advice would be greatly appreciated! thanks!

Comments (5)