I DO NOT know what to do with my dining room
miggy1308
Hello,

I really need some help. I am definitely getting rid of my dining room table and chairs (attached photo) and I am redoing my dining room entirely. I bought a mint green cabinet (photo attached) and I want to incorporate it into my dining room a long with the red orange chairs (chairs are in attached photo) I have in the dining room already. I just do not know what other colors to use and I do not know how to get it started. I want to purchase this carpet that I want to order (attached in comments section below) to help mesh everything together but I am not a professional at this type of thing so I am having second thoughts. Any suggestions would help so much. Thanks!
miggy1308
This is the carpet I want to order to mesh everything together
March 9, 2014 at 2:57PM   
patriciarhall
Love the cabinet, chairs and carpet. Balance them with a nice neutral for the rest of the décor.
March 9, 2014 at 3:00PM      Thanked by miggy1308
redcosco
You know much more than you realize. That green cabinet fits very well into your home. The rug...brilliant choice. Look to your rug for inspiration for the walls (I suggest leaving the trim in its current color to provide continuity with the rest of the house) and other details. A large rug that covers most of the floorspace would be a good choice. It needs to be wide enough to allow for people sitting in chairs and moving them back and forth to sit at the table. Since the shapes in the rug are circles, think about a circular table. Or, you could choose a rectangle, depending upon the room's dimensions. A thin, rectangular table could be placed over the radiator. What are you thinking for curtains? The rug gives you a lot of color choices. I would definitely replace the blinds, though.
March 9, 2014 at 3:12PM        Thanked by miggy1308
Don't second guess yourself. You've made great choices so far. Go more toward the gold shades in paint--this is BM Wythe tan--get a table about the color of your chair legs, neutral curtains or a simple green pattern (nothing strong that will compete with your rug). Looks great to me.
March 9, 2014 at 4:38PM        Thanked by miggy1308
March 9, 2014 at 4:41PM      Thanked by miggy1308
miggy1308
Thank you so much everyone for all of your insight and recommendations and opinions. @groveraxle I appreciate the attached photo, it really does help me move forward in my decision making with the color scheme.
March 9, 2014 at 5:42PM   
miggy1308
oh and I also will be putting up before and after pics on my comments when everything is complete. :)
March 9, 2014 at 5:43PM   
miggy1308
@redcosco The blinds are being replaced with coffee colored wood blinds. Not sure on the curtains. I might go toward a soft gold color. not sure yet.
March 9, 2014 at 6:26PM   
redcosco
Looking forward to seeing the next round of photos!
March 10, 2014 at 9:08AM      Thanked by miggy1308
Warner Decor
You have made wonderful choices! I love the rug you selected! Don' t second guess yourself!

Here are a few curtains that may help you:
http://deciture.com/shop/decor/world-market/emma-floral-curtain/ (gold tone with a pattern)
http://deciture.com/shop/decor/pier-1-imports/96angelique-curtain-spice/ (darker but would match your chairs)
http://deciture.com/shop/decor/world-market/champagne-dupioni-grommet-curtain-48inx84in/ (lighter solid gold tone)
March 10, 2014 at 9:36AM      Thanked by miggy1308
Awkward, ugly, old cabinets
Please help! I am 21, and I'm renting a house that...
1920s Cottage Needs Updating
Hello all, I just purchased an older home with a lot...
POLL: Which is your side of the bed?
People sometimes stake claims to their side of the...
Super small bed room
Super small space. excuse the mess. storage has been...
Cannot figure our the dining area
It is a living room kitchen diner, what is the best...