need help with furniture placement and decor for my master bedroom.
yamnunez
Would like ideas on where to place my furniture. I know I probably have to much furniture for the room but would like to make it work anyway. Also would like to keep the tv in the bedroom. Need wall paint ideas, curtain ideas, and bedding to tie this room together with the furniture. The room is 15ft by 15ft. HELP!!
Warner Decor
Hi! I would start with bedding. Here is an idea for you:

http://deciture.com/shop/bed/wayfair/cheila-8-piece-comforter-set/
1 Like   Thanked by yamnunez    March 10, 2014 at 11:03AM
Yes, at least one of the pieces of furniture needs to relocate. For now, take the television and put it atop the tall boy and put the smallest chest in the corner as a nightstand where it belongs. The first dresser needs to slide as far as it can into the corner to unblock the window and the mirrored seat would be more appropriate along the entry wall of the home so it will get used - blocking the windows will always look off. I know it is a vanity piece but you don't have room for it here, so place it where people check themselves as they come and go.

You can handle the bed covering the thermostat and switches ok. Just pull it forward a tad. When you shift these things around, your room will feel much happier -

Warner is right that bedding textiles are the place that most bedrooms signal their color story and style but this furniture is particularly unique / massive (tho looks great for your house style). Since the wood is dark and the leather is black, I found a duvet cover for a down quilt that has texture instead of color http://www.westelm.com/products/organic-cotton-pintuck-duvet-cover-shams-sea-spray-s082/?pkey=cbedding-sets&cm_src=bedding-sets||NoFacet-_-NoFacet-_--_- in sea spray . . a pale tone then add this faux fur throw across the bottom of the bed to mix and echo the brown and gray somewhere else besides the headboard http://www.westelm.com/products/ombre-faux-fur-throw-mocha-b1142/?pkey=cbedding-sets&cm_src=bedding-sets||NoFacet-_-NoFacet-_--_-
bedding that will sort of stand up to the scale of your things. . . you can get a fur accent pillow too if you lik

What will make it work is a great wall color - for this furniture, this historic blue-green will make the wood tones sing and it won't fight with the black leather. http://www.benjaminmoore.com/en-us/paint-color/wytheblue The depth of this color is right to balance the visual weight of these furnishings.
Now, for an overstock type rug - something light - ivory and shaggy will do well to provide contrast and a soft place for your feel.

Eventually, consider changing out the fan for a chandelier - something appropriate to the style of your formal furnishings, probably with a little crystal (a drum over crystal would be more modern) and consider a crystal base lamp for the end table.
2 Likes   Thanked by yamnunez    March 10, 2014 at 11:51AM
Need help with Master Bedroom furniture placement
We have lived in our 1920 farmhouse for 15 years. I...
Need help In decorating my master bedroom
I would like to create a contemporary yet elegant room....
I Need Help Decorating My Master Bedroom...
I Would Like Some Ideas On How To Decorate My Master...
Need help with last few decorating ideas for my master bedroom!
I'm almost finished decorating my master bedroom. ...
Need Help on My Master Bedroom Wall Decor
We bought a set of large matching traditional pieces...
polished or honed marble in bathroom shower walls and outside walls?
What is the best choice? Honed or polished marble for...
Close to pulling all my hair out. HELP PLEASE!
I'm not sure which countertop to go with between two...
outdoor bench
i am looking for a great outdoor bench L-shape design....
color ideas for front door?
White house, dove gray shutters, estate gray roof....
bathroom
im using white marble and have a walk in tub, where...