Kitchen help
Cristina Araujo
we just bought a house and needs a lot of tlc and we are trying to paint the kitchen to add a little color since we have no money to replace the cabinets but have no idea what color to paint it to make it a little nicer. please help
Sue Rosenbaum
Benjamin Moore Dry Sage is a wonderful rich deep sage green and will compliment your oak cabinets very nicely. Good luck !
March 12, 2014 at 1:40am     
lucidos
The cabinets actually look like they are in good shape in the photos. I think we need photos of the rest of the space and floor to help, otherwise we will just be calling out random colors. Think about your color preferences. If this is an eat in kitchen maybe coordinate a color with your plates.

The only thing I can suggest from the limited view you offered is a warm soft "food" color. Coffee, Cream Yellow, Caramel, Warm red....

Once you choose your color you may want to think about adding handles and pulls.

Since you have a wall vent fan consider integrating a 4" deep shelf in the same tone wood at the line of the bottom of the upper cabinets for spices and painting or papering the upper portion of that area (behind the spices) a different (corresponding) color. You can get small jars for that shelf that match.

Backsplashes are inexpensive. There are 100's of creative things you can do yourself..even add a mosaic tile.
March 12, 2014 at 1:52am        Thanked by Cristina Araujo
Cristina Araujo
here's another picture with cabinets and tile
March 20, 2014 at 11:19pm   
Craig CraigMDesigns
Does this room look into any other rooms that could suggest a color?with a blank slate like you have you are free to do practically whatever color you want. So look around at what you have that you're keeping , what you love and be inspired!
March 20, 2014 at 11:29pm   
Cristina Araujo
yes this room has open view for the living room which the living room color is a brown color (third picture on this comment) the flooring in the living room change from carpet to dark wood floor also
March 21, 2014 at 1:51pm   
Kitchen help! Envisioning a rustic chic kitchen
My husband and I are in the process of building our...
Need help with kitchen! A lot of wood colors in this kitchen, too much.
My kitchen is a nice kitchen with an excellent layout....
A trend that should end
Are there any interior design trends at the moment...
I need someone that installs tile?
I bought all of my tile for both of my bathrooms from...
Thoughts on new living room layout
I rearranged our furniture - I can't tell if it's too...
need help with filling the shelves in front room
Two built- in white shelves on either side of the...
What's your best housekeeping tip?
Occasionally my 12 year old daughter will clean the...