POLL: Favorite outdoor room?
Houzz Polls
March 14, 2014 in Polls
What's your favorite outdoor room style?

Vote for your choice below! To win a pair of Houzz slippers, post a comment telling us what you love most about the style you chose (photos welcomed too) and you will automatically be entered into the drawing.

*One entry per person, per drawing. Entries must be posted before 12:00am Pacific Time 3/23/2014. One winner will be drawn at random.
Marrakech
Nautical
Garden
Southwestern
Beach Deck
Alpine
Americana
Tropical
Other - Tell us Below!
misspeggy7
I chose the southwest style because it's earthy, classic and reminiscent of our Mexican/Spanish roots. I love the iron because of it's curved beauty; almost a Victorian only earthier and not as fussy. I love the terra cotta because it too is organic and has a natural feel. Southwest has surprise splashes of color of reds, turquoise, yellow, lime green, that look young, fresh and happy.Although I mentioned that I love the earthy look, there is a very real rich feeling with this particular style.
March 14, 2014 at 11:38AM     
hanna1984
I need lush, green color around me all the time. Blooming tropicals are so calmimg and soothing. I can take the heat and humidity of summer as long as I have my tropicals on my patio to keep me company. Indoors, in the cooler times of the year they keep me cheery until spring gets here with warmer temperatures and the greening up of the yard. :)
March 14, 2014 at 11:53AM     
Royal Kitchen Corp
I voted for the Alpine style. With the fireplace it seems like a very relaxing atmosphere
March 14, 2014 at 1:29PM     
suzanne_m
So hard to choose. I would spend a week in any of these outdoor spaces. Each have their own charm.
March 14, 2014 at 10:23PM     
LB Interiors
I love tropical anything. I really can't tell you why. Guess because that's what makes me feel good. Tropical vacations are the best.
March 14, 2014 at 11:49PM     
okdokegal
Tropical. You had me at the glimpse of the Black Magic Colocasia ...
March 15, 2014 at 12:08AM     
stidmama
Garden. It is cheerful, not pretentious. It is also achievable on a modest budget and in any space. Finally, it is not going to feel dated in five years.
March 15, 2014 at 12:14AM     
Karin Madgwick
I chose the nautical as you could sit out here in all weather and enjoy nature at its best.
March 15, 2014 at 2:11AM     
juls58
The tropical for sure. Gives the green and the soothing and calmness plus usually water is there or nearby.
March 15, 2014 at 5:20AM     
sdee164
I chose tropical because after living for years in the gloomy Midwest winters, I need the serenity of lush tropical foliage to provide my recharge. Only thing that would be better is the sound of the ocean....
March 15, 2014 at 5:43AM     
macymacmaples
Nautical, a big wide sheltering verandah and water views.
March 15, 2014 at 5:58AM   
nairuvick
I love the Alpine, because I love the wood look. Is a look that goes perfect with my house because we live in the woods!!! So perfect!!
March 15, 2014 at 11:15AM     
dlillace
Nautical brings to mind fresh air, beautiful colours of sea, sky, sand and grasses, birds and the feeling of freedom and uncluttered horizons.
March 15, 2014 at 11:31AM     
Michael Lee, Inc
alpine is fantastic! Heavy timbers is very natural
March 15, 2014 at 11:35AM   
lifetcs
Beach view. Can almost hear the ocean. Seating is lovely, and creates the perfect backdrop for that amazing view!
March 15, 2014 at 9:44PM     
ringomutt
I chose the garden style. This is a look I'd like to try to replicate in my outdoor space.
March 15, 2014 at 11:43PM   
karelina
Except for the snow (which means cold), I love the natural materials: wood beams, stone, fireplace, and deck.
March 16, 2014 at 12:29AM   
Nest.
I chose the garden theme because you had me at hydrangea......enough said!!!!
March 16, 2014 at 12:55AM   
jodiemc
Love the nautical look and the tropical pool-side garden, but nothing beats an oceanfront view! The glass wall on the beach deck gives unobstructed views of the sand and surf. The barrel chairs with cushions covered in crisp navy and white striped fabric look inviting and comfortable - made for relaxing with a book and a glass of wine. I can almost hear the ocean waves!
March 16, 2014 at 12:59AM     
shilpis
I love Garden and Tropical styles both. I love greenary,flowers,birds and squirrels.... :)
March 16, 2014 at 3:08AM     
Janet Hustek
I love the alpine look, but would love to have it on a river or small inland lake.
March 16, 2014 at 3:32AM     
Mandakini Madan
I vl vote for nautical style outdoor room.its lovely glasses make it spacious,the beauty of nature is completely visible through glass and blue upholstery complement it very much....
March 16, 2014 at 3:49AM   
ancronic
The setting carries comfort and style that works over all four seasons of the year. You feel your blood pressure drop with relaxation just looking at the alpine look while imagining yourself there.
March 16, 2014 at 3:51AM   
Sherri Knuth Orsucci
100% the alpine. I am all about the natural elements ... stone and wood.
March 16, 2014 at 3:56AM   
anitahome
I feel the cool, crisp and clean mountain air, see the perfect work of nature's constantly changing landscape and admire the human talent, skill and effort put into making this only-in-my-dreams opportunity. If only this were my Alpine perch.....
March 16, 2014 at 3:57AM   
Laurie Campbell
The Alpine speaks to me. It feels so warm and cozy and I can imagine inviting my closest friends and family to spend many hours in this space.
March 16, 2014 at 4:38AM   
Mike Dennison
Living on a golf course with a drop dead gorgeous view of four holes, my wife and I want to live three seasons on our porch whose design is rustic, stone fireplace, stained cedar, and screened to keep those nasty bugs out. We will be looking to furnish in a southern rustic style with golf and sport accents. Your ideas would be greatly welcomed.
March 16, 2014 at 4:38AM   
maggieh0l
The simplicity, the fireplace and the views are my favorites. I live the stone and the capacity to seat friends and family!
March 16, 2014 at 4:43AM   
ggpeters
I love the beach deck for its bright colors and comfortable look.
March 16, 2014 at 4:53AM   
Nancy Theken
Born in Florida, I now live in Colorado and Arizona. Ocean, alpine and desert living will always speak to my senses. I crave all three. Having to choose one here, I would have to say the nautical. The chairs and view won me over. I love comfortable, conversational seating. These colorful club chairs with the spectacular ocean backdrop draw me in.
March 16, 2014 at 5:06AM     
Nancy Theken
Make that the Beach Deck. Oops.
March 16, 2014 at 5:08AM     
jlc53
Beach deck. Love the colours and the view
March 16, 2014 at 5:10AM   
printesa
All of them are beautiful. I chose Garden because, to me, there is nothing more beautiful than being surrounded by flowers. If I could live in the middle of an English garden, that would be amazing.
March 16, 2014 at 5:16AM   
lynns720
I'm from NJ and there isn't a place better than the Jersey Shore !! It is being restored :}
March 16, 2014 at 5:20AM   
Hamptons Homes 4 Sale - Richard Rawdin
I just love the beach. I even live in a year round beach community. The only other place I'd rather be is on a golf course.
March 16, 2014 at 5:31AM   
Noreen Hartkern
Alpine Lodge theme...the wood and fireplace elements are warm and inviting!
March 16, 2014 at 5:47AM   
Alison Morton
I live in a sea side town and love the ocean, but what I love about "garden," the theme I voted for, are the relaxing sounds of water trickling from a fountain and birds. I also love the varying textures of plants and flora, and how you can create natural sun and shade areas within the room. As soon as June arrives, I eat all of my meals on the patio. My dining room is dormant until the cold morning and nights of late August force me back indoors.
March 16, 2014 at 6:03AM   
survivormaggie
I chose Marrakech because of the vibrant colors used and all of the lighting. The view is also beautiful
March 16, 2014 at 6:13AM     
Lydia Whitehead Torres
I chose nautical because, nothing relaxes me like looking at the ocean. I love the easy to clean fabrics and laid-back life style.
March 16, 2014 at 6:20AM   
Jen
Alpine - would love to cuddle up in a blanket by that fire on a cool night!
March 16, 2014 at 6:21AM     
alisonheppell
Formal Italian classic
March 16, 2014 at 6:23AM   
ericafunnn
Nautical is my absolute favorite. It's beautiful and my style.
March 16, 2014 at 6:26AM   
lab6
I chose Nautical because it reminds me of the beachfront
March 16, 2014 at 6:26AM   
claudessa
The Alpine deck looks lie it would be so warm sitting by the fire as it is snowing.
March 16, 2014 at 6:32AM   
Niya B.
I voted for the Marrakech because it looked very warm and inviting. The oranges, browns, and fuchsia colors make it a great balance between sophistication and playfulness; an effect amplified by the collection of lanterns hanging from the ceiling. It looks like the best spot for hanging out with friends on a cool night for a few drinks.
March 16, 2014 at 6:34AM     
pnewell13
I voted for Beach because i smile each and everytime I drive to Galveston and see the beautiful old homes as well as the contemporary beach front dwellings.
March 16, 2014 at 6:34AM     
beautifuldesignideas
I love anything nautical! Love the wood deck with green lawn and water view.
March 16, 2014 at 6:37AM   
Carol Maher
I choose alpine style because it gives me the rustic, friendly feel of my Girl Scouting days (plus, I live in the Adirondacks). This photo makes me want to break out the marshmallows!
March 16, 2014 at 6:41AM   
safronpixi
I chose the Beach Deck because it's a view one would never tire looking at. The sensible decking and comfortable chairs overlooking the ocean from an elevated position is a dream come true! As close to heaven as I want to be right now!!!
March 16, 2014 at 6:41AM   
moclipsmary
I love the Nautical, crisp navy blue with beach themed pillows, with a back drop of white and weathered house. I love anything beachy though, since we have a beach house, but this is just comfy looking, pour a glass of wine, turn on some blues, and kick your feet up kind of comfy
March 16, 2014 at 7:08AM   
Rebecca Riley
I chose Alpine because I love sheltered yet open outdoor spaces. The wood, the stone, the fire and the view. This outdoor space has it all. Beautiful!
March 16, 2014 at 7:16AM   
Marguerita Margie Espinosa
Nautical is close to my heart. Love the Ocean and can never be that far away from it. The open airy feel yet you have shade does it for me. Just sit and watch the boats go by while listening to the waves, nothing better. Very relaxing.
March 16, 2014 at 7:20AM   
Theresa Flatley
I love the cozy warm feeling and the drama of ceiling detail
March 16, 2014 at 7:22AM   
janehansen
I chose American because it is beautiful!
March 16, 2014 at 7:38AM     
Joeann Fossland
I chose the southwestern because it fits the outdoor lifestyle I love!
March 16, 2014 at 7:43AM   
nikita275
I chose the Marrakech design because of the many colors and brings to mind the mysterious sounds of a foreign country. I would feel like I have traveled over seas every time I went to my special area.
March 16, 2014 at 7:44AM   
dawnbc1
I selected the beach one although I probably wouldn't have been quite so literal or bold in my own choices. But, it's the beach. ;-)
March 16, 2014 at 7:50AM   
wkevinmoore
What a dream, as each theme displays perfection in one way or another. However, Nautical stands out for me, theres nothing like the combination of sand, sea, nature, lush plantings, and clear star studded skies!
March 16, 2014 at 7:52AM     
Linda Willman
I chose Alpine because the beautiful fireplace draws you in. That combined with the cozy furniture draped with blankets... Ahhh, I can just imagine returning there for a hot chocolate after a day on the hills skiing. :)
March 16, 2014 at 8:01AM   
katwald
I can only dream.
March 16, 2014 at 8:14AM     
home548
It is s toss up between the Garden and the Nautical, I love both for the outdoor feel of relaxation and sunshine.
March 16, 2014 at 8:16AM   
larceo62
Alpine is absolutely fabulous. It is very inviting and cozy. I think you the setting could also be used a in several other country settings as well. Thank you for sharing!
March 16, 2014 at 8:16AM   
meowcyn
Tropical - it's the style I'm implementing in my yard in Panama. I like the full, lush greenery with complimentary colors and contrasting textures. Makes it feel interesting without being busy. Also very inviting to the jungle birds which will bring its own music.
March 16, 2014 at 8:21AM     
terrydp
Alpine for sure. However, I do and would go to each one of these and I would be bored out of my mind if they did not exist!
March 16, 2014 at 8:28AM   
June Chapman
I love tropical! I grew up in Southern Florida, so I am always drawn to that, outside and in!
March 16, 2014 at 8:46AM     
joanhswanson
I chose Alpine, because I have a lot to learn about capturing the mood of that wonderful style.
JoanSW
March 16, 2014 at 8:50AM   
laureninla
Beach because I LOVE everything beach.
March 16, 2014 at 8:51AM   
galvestonbound
It's Beach Deck for me!! I instantly imagined myself relaxing here after a day of shell searching. Sand coated feet, rolled up pant cuffs damp from the waves, sipping on a glass of white wine!
March 16, 2014 at 8:54AM     
Maritel Ledesma
i voted for nautical...My maternal grandfather was a sea captain and later harbor pilot. I always love the sight of the water, it somehow calms me and gives me good memories.
March 16, 2014 at 8:56AM   
cjeres
Nautical. Comfortable furniture, sun or shade, whichever you prefer, and a beautiful view. What more could you ask for? This looks so relaxing.
March 16, 2014 at 8:57AM   
Rita Combs
I love the garden setting. It matches my style the most. Low key and simple. Beautiful.
March 16, 2014 at 9:01AM   
pegikimbrell
Definitely plants and flowers for relaxation
March 16, 2014 at 9:03AM     
es8667
This was definitely a difficult choice, as all of them seem like wonderful getaways. I ended up going with the Marrakech as it had a warm inviting appeal to it. If I had to choose a second choice it would be the Alpine, for it's amazing scenery and inviting atmosphere.
March 16, 2014 at 9:07AM   
bohnen84
I love the bright bold colors of the Moroccan room! Lovely!
March 16, 2014 at 9:17AM   
turtleshells1
I chose the Marrakech theme for the great mix of natural elements such as the wood ceiling, and the earthy tones com[letely brought to life by the vivid strong accents of the fabrics.Very versitile, and less constraining than some of the others which require a bit more of identical shades. the Marrekesh is do- able in so many ways.
March 16, 2014 at 9:22AM   
ssr21
Sitting in the shade, relaxing on the porch, overlooking the water. Sound like a fabulous vacation. (Nautical)
March 16, 2014 at 9:23AM   
rockloon
Real wood. Makes me feel like I'm in a wooded mtn retreat. Makes me want to be where I live. Contentment
March 16, 2014 at 9:24AM   
herberger
I had to pick the Nautical...we moved into a Lake house last year that needs some work, so this is a great idea to spruce the place up. We want to knock out the back wall (so we can put a lot of windows in so you can actually SEE the Lake), and add a cover to the existing deck at the same time. We have the blue prints ready and are in the process of talking to contractors. My husband grew up on the same lake and has always wanted to go back there to live.
March 16, 2014 at 9:35AM   
jenniferlasvegas
I personally love the beautiful colors of the Marrakech! I live in the southwest and get tired of the drab varied colors of brown! Lol!
March 16, 2014 at 9:35AM   
skhills
Wouzzo
March 16, 2014 at 9:40AM   
kalass5
I love the American. It's so me
March 16, 2014 at 9:45AM   
l_lipson
Alpine look. It brings the feeling of being with nature, a peaceful feeling. With the night skies one can see stars and where the air is so clean. In the summer and in the winter, one can relax and or really have some fun with your family or just alone, but it seems to be better sharing the experience with love ones. Nice.
March 16, 2014 at 9:47AM   
Tyler Cavanaugh
nautical by far. With the ocean in the background, a lush green lawn in front of you. Hands down this is the most enjoyable!
March 16, 2014 at 9:47AM   
Valerie Freeman
Marrakesh for me. Brooding, mysterious and sensual.
March 16, 2014 at 9:48AM   
saraagnello
Marrakech. I love the lighting and cozy seating.
March 16, 2014 at 9:53AM   
jmmcmenamin
Beach deck - perfection
March 16, 2014 at 9:58AM   
annedrewwho
Not everyone has a picture postcard view from the space they want to create. Based on the space--not the view, I vote for the southwestern--not necessarily because I prefer the theme, but because I believe one can do more with the actual space available. :)
March 16, 2014 at 9:59AM   
Row_of_stars
I liked the Nautical because it's simple and clean, but comfortable. The focus is on the fantastic water views.
March 16, 2014 at 10:03AM   
lplamp
Alpine is so woody so out doorsey I like the warmth it exudes
March 16, 2014 at 10:12AM   
leggersaw
I chose garden because I love urns, fountains, curly ironwork, and the over all casual comfort of it all. The fluffy, soft cushions, climbing greenery, and I can just hear the gentle trickle of the water. Hand me a tall glass of lemonade and I'm home
March 16, 2014 at 10:14AM   
jackiegreiner
Nautical. I HAVE to be on big water to be truly happy. I grew up visiting my Grandparents on Cape Cod and can't remember happier times than summer and the beach. With that said, I don't like design/décor that is too literal of the beach and the sea, like the anchor pillows. Just one of my pet peeves.
March 16, 2014 at 10:17AM     
Kathy East
Marrakech, for all the bright colours and crazy lights. Eclectic, like myself
March 16, 2014 at 10:20AM   
wendee
I love many areas but those blues and yellow from a beach front is calming, a slight breeze and white sand and a beautiful sunrise or sunset over the water just brings me serenity.
March 16, 2014 at 10:22AM   
lucyhomedecor
I love the Mediterranean look. Sipping a lemon granita on a patio in Capri & looking at the blue water is very soothing. I love bright blue & yellow with tropical plants with a water fountain flowing in the background.
March 16, 2014 at 10:48AM   
firenze2014
I love the nautical. I can almost feel the breeze from the water, relaxing on this beautiful porch and enjoying the view.
March 16, 2014 at 10:51AM   
c_id
My personal favorite is the garden, I love the feel of a grand garden the smell of lavander and Jasmine with beautiful colors and flowers that bring butterflies to the peaceful setting , a relaxing place to drink tea , read, or share with family.
March 16, 2014 at 11:04AM     
teri0900
I love the beach. There is nothing more relaxing than sitting by the water and listening to the ocean.
March 16, 2014 at 11:08AM   
Patti Wilson
Basic garden may be less dramatic but it it the most versatile. I own property in Northern California and in Tucson. Garden with some swapping out of plants goes with both equally well. In fact in Tucson I have jars of shells on an outdoor table. Flexibility in outdoor rooms is essential. A Garden style can be informed by the seasons and holidays without looking contrived or stilted . Total immersion in one color theme to create mood and style like ocean blue, mountain brown, exotic/desert orange and rust can get old over time.

My garden has hydrangeas and succulents, giant bamboo and corkscrew willow, protea and geraniums. roses and manzanita. The Garden style can change with the seasons or a mood with a flick of a pillow cover and a few potted plants.

In a time of downsizing and drought I'll take it !
March 16, 2014 at 11:14AM     
slomester
My vote went to "Other." Kinda surprised there wasn't a more modern classic option, with furniture you might see in a DWR catalogue and linear plantings...
March 16, 2014 at 11:17AM   
marjie196
Nautical to me is very relaxing
March 16, 2014 at 11:24AM   
easthigh35
I chose the garden style because it looks like I could use the same style at my home amd it looked very peaceful
March 16, 2014 at 11:28AM   
sunnie2day
I chose Alpine because I live in NE Scotland and really, with our weather, an alpine style is just a no brainer:)

I grew up in the US Desert SouthWest, though, and I'm surprised my vote wavered between where I am and where I was. Guess I've not got all the desert sand out of my boots after all!
March 16, 2014 at 11:48AM   
Rose Moore
My perfect outdoor room would be a field stone patio with a large oak canopy surrounded by wild flowers with a path leading to a screened gazebo. (I guess that's 2 rooms) The path would cross over a coy pond with a small waterfall coming down the hillside. A fire pit with a sitting ledge would occupy a portion of the patio and I would furnish it with adirondak (sp) style furniture.
March 16, 2014 at 12:15PM   
Missy Fisher
LOVE the Alpine one! The wood and warmth make me feel at peace. The beach deck would run a close second, but mostly because of the beach not the deck furnishings.
March 16, 2014 at 12:33PM   
riadaniels
So hard to decide! I picked the beach one since I love the sound of the ocean. 2nd choice would be Alpine. Love all that wood!
March 16, 2014 at 12:40PM   
Natalie Smith
I chose the garden style because as a woman living on her own I love a little chic girly touch.
March 16, 2014 at 12:58PM   
tmcvenes
I chose Alpine. It was such a soothing look and the view of the mountains...to die for! Nicely done!
March 16, 2014 at 1:07PM   
kitzville
I'm in love with the airy-gentleness of Garden, but I live in northern Minnesota in the woods. Realistically I had to go with Alpine. Our winters are cold and so long, which are easier to take with a cozy, warm Alpine gathering-room with a fireplace.
March 16, 2014 at 1:08PM   
lisalackovic
I love the mix of wood and stone in the Alpine outdoor room. The fireplace adds warmth and ambience. The furniture looks very comfy and the view is beautiful! Bring on the hot toddies!
March 16, 2014 at 2:15PM   
lusada
Can't beat the feeling of the ocean and the beach!
March 16, 2014 at 2:42PM   
thehintz
Southwestern with it's warmth and sparsity lends itself to acceptance of wide open outdoors and views of expansive blue Southwestern skies.
March 16, 2014 at 3:13PM     
kitchennew
Tropical! In such a time that we are living in, the garden of Eden looks pretty good.
March 16, 2014 at 3:42PM     
christinedoucet
I love the alpine all the way. It looks so cozy
March 16, 2014 at 4:30PM   
lorikarskyhorn
Nautical was my choice, because when I close my eyes and daydream, I go to a place just like this! Lose your dreams...lose your mind.
March 16, 2014 at 4:55PM   
annalaye
I love the beach deck! In my best dreams, I picture myself on a similar deck (with our family dog) in the morning watching my two boys playing on the beach and my husband doing what he loves most...surf fishing. Maybe one day.....
March 16, 2014 at 5:03PM   
Lisa Benbow - Garnish Designs
Beach Deck....hello?Nothing says outdoor living like the beach...that's what it's all about! It's happy, casual and the star of the space IS the outdoors.
March 16, 2014 at 6:29PM   
Margaret B
Nautical! Feet up, a cold drink and no plans. Perfection!
March 16, 2014 at 6:36PM   
mgds1121
I love the Marrakech patio space! It's so colorful and unique! I could be inspired and relax there!!
March 16, 2014 at 7:09PM   
Jennifer Boone
I chose the nautical patio. I love the color scheme and the view is to die for!
March 16, 2014 at 7:19PM   
Melissa
Love the nautical for vacation, the garden for home. They're all beautiful though.
March 16, 2014 at 7:23PM   
grobby
Garden for me. It's so inviting and relaxing. What I've been trying yo achieve for years.
March 16, 2014 at 7:24PM   
speedy479
I chose the beach. The set up on the deck is so simple and gives such a tranquil affect. I'd like to be sitting there right now. i have the tropical at home, so this is a treat. The essence is serene. Everything washes away with the waves.
March 16, 2014 at 10:13PM   
nakoda8870
Southwest was my favorite, it looks comfortable and relaxing. Enjoying the warmth of the fireplace, simply beautiful.
March 16, 2014 at 10:46PM   
julieharmuth
The Alpine setting illuminates warmth and coziness. It entices family and friends to settle in together in front of the inviting fireplace. In today's busy world, there are not enough spaces as such. This Alpine space ROCKS!
March 17, 2014 at 12:22AM   
hasinajiwani
Nautical especially if I am so lucky that I am close enough to the sea to taste the salt in the air. Sooo refreshing.
March 17, 2014 at 1:01AM   
Cecilia Ågren
Marrakech because it looks cosy and i like the feeling of sittin outdoor but with a cealing to protect from rain.
March 17, 2014 at 1:22AM   
wblocker
I like the feel if the garden with the clean lines and uncluttered look of Americana.
March 17, 2014 at 3:40AM   
westportdutch
Ordinarily, I would opt for anything on the ocean, but the Alpine space seemed so inviting and complete.
March 17, 2014 at 4:07AM   
allieoops5
I voted for the garden because it is so peaceful looking and it seems to be a look I can achieve in my backyard.
March 17, 2014 at 4:33AM   
debfields53
I voted for the Alpine because it really gives you the feel of the outdoors with all the timber!
March 17, 2014 at 6:37AM   
artgabber
The Alpine is my favorite here. Because the moment I looked at the picture, I could feel the outdoors. I felt the warmth of the fire, coziness of the furniture, the smell of the pines and the crispness of the surrounding snow. I felt like it could be my home. While they are all beautiful, the others felt like a beautiful vacation, as opposed to home.
March 17, 2014 at 6:37AM   
lowerydi
I love the clean lines of the garden and the hydragenas are my favorite flower. The colors are so that you can change the colors through out the seasons as well as the flowers.
March 17, 2014 at 6:54AM   
Gail Knowles
Garden is so fresh and homey...and home is where my heart is!
March 17, 2014 at 7:39AM   
Cindy Slaman
Nautical-clean, fresh, peaceful, easy. Not over designed! The view is breathtaking! I can envision myself & friend sitting comfortably with a cool drink watching the boats sail by without a care in the world.
March 17, 2014 at 8:46AM   
rieweeg
While all of the styles are fabulous I voted for Garden because this soothing, relaxing style can be used in just about any environment. I can create this style where I live since there is no beach outside my back door.
March 17, 2014 at 8:47AM   
crisanderson
Alpine is my favorite to dress up or dress down. I love snow and cold weather with a fireplace and warm wood. On the lake where we built our timber frame the house looks like it belongs nestled in the rocks and ledges.
March 17, 2014 at 10:40AM   
7608
Beach Deck, the view is for ever changing, it can be relaxing, stormy, inviting, and boat life.
The eye can see as far as the horizon. With a glass of NZ Savignon Blanc and that view one is at peace with the world, and on vaccation 24/7.
March 17, 2014 at 12:44PM   
Marge Burtch
I like the calmness of the white with blue Nautical look, although my first choice would be Japanese/Zen style.
March 17, 2014 at 1:27PM   
matthewcassandra
My vote is for the "Alpine" outdoor room. Although I live in the southeast and am not a fan of cold weather, this outdoor room looks very warm, comfortable and inviting to me. I love the outdoor heaters and candles for added warmth.
March 17, 2014 at 2:27PM   
meltont
I love the mountains so naturally the "alpine-look" best suits me & my family. We have a foot of snow outside today thus making the cozy appearance of the furnishings and wall/floor choices very inviting!
March 17, 2014 at 3:18PM   
kitzville
winter means Alpine, cozy . Summer means Garden room, bring the outdoors inside!
March 17, 2014 at 3:34PM   
Nichole Currie
I picked Alpine! Seems like a great place to relax and enjoy nature at its best.
March 17, 2014 at 5:56PM   
Fran Cortez
I chose Alpine...which I was surprised. I love the beach and all things related to it, so I would have thought I would have picked one of the ones along those lines. The Alpine space just looks like an amazing space to relax with friends or create new family memories. Wow! Love it!!
March 17, 2014 at 6:19PM   
judy
For me the tropical looks so relaxing. It's outdoors after all, not your living or dining room.
March 17, 2014 at 7:46PM     
collinsmmr
Beach Deck. Who can pass up the ocean! The sound, smell, ocean breeze... The bucket seat style is so very comfortable and nautical colors never go out of style. All the settings though are wonderful for every mood!
March 18, 2014 at 5:05AM   
Kate Hinze
of course garden! it's a room in a garden so it ought to have beautiful plants and delicious scents.
March 18, 2014 at 7:22AM   
nasmijati
Any style as long as there are no Mosquitos!
March 18, 2014 at 8:32AM   
lenieweenie
The nautical theme is inviting and cozy. Perfect look for a coastal home with views.
March 18, 2014 at 10:06AM   
Studio M Interior Design
Absolutely beach deck! Can't wait to spend a few summer afternoons lounging in one like what's pictured above :)
March 18, 2014 at 10:15AM   
sdsprague
Lake "beach deck".. it's so inviting. Love what nature has created .. serene & colourful. Plus, wild life .. where you could sit and watch for hours.
March 18, 2014 at 11:40AM   
shippy559
Start the fire, pile on the blankets and snuggle up in The Alpine Room!
March 18, 2014 at 1:18PM   
loriannedc
I live in Florida. The tropical one is pretty familiar to me. It's gorgeous, and I love plants, big green leafy ones, flowers, and of course the water, so the pool looks amazing here, and just a fabulous place to hang out, day or night~ :)
March 18, 2014 at 9:34PM     
armygirl1987
I live in Florida also and the tropical is right up my alley. Plan on putting those two plants in my backyard garden that is currently a work in progress.
March 18, 2014 at 9:39PM     
7898
Alpine is perfect. Look at that view! The detailed ceiling is gorgeous. Curl up by the warm, crackling fireplace with a good book or jot a note to a friend. Have a glass of wine, and relax!
March 18, 2014 at 9:46PM   
Charlotte Isakson
All have their charms. Love the Alpine and have wonderful memories of relaxing after a long day of skiing. Also enjoy the nautical and beach patios. But in the end, I chose garden, because it makes me think of warm summer days with gentle breezes, iced tea and lots of cheerful color!
March 18, 2014 at 10:10PM   
LB Interiors
Wow, I see that many of you houzzers like the Alpine. I guess you may all be in colder parts of the world, I guess in So California, we don't think of wanting to cuddle and get warm and cozy. But it 'is' a great visual : ))
March 18, 2014 at 10:20PM   
susu2014
I chose the Marakesh style, it's warm, colorful and beautiful. Love the lanterns a lot!!
March 18, 2014 at 10:24PM   
angione
I chose the Garden Style because while the others were lovely, most of us can hope to attain a garden in which we can relax. I especially liked the trellis in the background and the comfortable-looking coach. The Marakesh style had awesome lanterns and wood ceiling, the Alpine had wonderful wood features, Beach Deck had a great view, Americana was charming, Southwestern had a really neat-looking outdoor fireplace, Tropical looked like it could actually take rain, and Nautical had a nice porch so it was a hard choice. ^^
March 19, 2014 at 1:17PM     
shundemann
I chose the alpine style because of the mix of elements. The fireplace takes a large area and makes it cozy, the stand-up heaters mixed with the fireplace make it usable even in the snow. The height is majestic and brings your eyes towards the view. I love the natural elements because even though the area is covered it still feels "outdoors".
March 19, 2014 at 8:51PM   
kculp102
I love them all but if I was forced to pick I would pick the first one. I love the colors, such eye candy.
March 19, 2014 at 9:01PM   
pstephens312
Beach because it means I'm near the ocean.
March 19, 2014 at 10:45PM   
zaculyn
This could be anywhere and any season. Most people voted on the view versus the room.
March 21, 2014 at 2:30PM   
xxvoodooxx
I really like the heavy beams and the rugged look if the Alpine.
March 22, 2014 at 6:12PM   
Contempo Space
Alpine. The stone and woodwork, and even the furniture just all looks like it was crafted with care and attention to detail.
March 24, 2014 at 5:38AM   
mrsjackson630
Beach Deck. The smell and spray of the ocean every day? My favorite style is rustic nautical, and the beach deck definitely allows that. I love the big barrels as end tables and like I said, enjoying the sound, smell, and feel of the ocean would be incredible
March 26, 2014 at 6:09AM   
Cure Design Group
Would love to see a modern/green option with fire pit and lounge seating groups for conversation!
March 26, 2014 at 7:23AM   
POLL: Which Room from Clue is your Favorite?
Remember the board game, Clue? I went searching for...
POLL: Favorite room in your home?
Do you have a favorite room in your home? Vote...
POLL: Favorite fireplace look?
If you could design your dream fireplace, what materials...
POLL: Favorite accessories?
What home accessories do you always find yourself buying...even...
POLL: Favorite kitchen set up?
Which one of these kitchen set ups is your favorite? Vote...
Kitchen Backsplash - What type of tile do we use?
We have recently remodeled our kitchen with fabulous...
Need help with this master bedroom redecorating
We are so excited to get to redecorate. Does the picture...
need advice about color for trim in my living room
I think I'm going to paint my living and dining room...
Help furnish living room in new construction
I am general contractor and sister of homeowner in...
color ideas for front door?
White house, dove gray shutters, estate gray roof....