Chiropractic office
shakerww
Hi everyone,

I have a small boutique chiropractic clinic focused on women's care. My office doesn't feel quite feminine enough. My colors of my logo are pink, teal, and grey. Any ideas about creating a classy environment without spending thousands of dollars in upgrades? Thanks!
hanna1984
Can you post more pictures?
0 Likes   March 16, 2014 at 4:32PM
pcmom1
Agree many more pictures from all angles.

Maybe wallpaper on the lower portion of the wall?

The one art piece is all alone and hung too high. Maybe a gallery wall. Maybe art can have women as the focus.
2 Likes   March 16, 2014 at 4:39PM
saratogaswizzlestick
Light grey walls. Pink and teal pictures. Hang current picture lower.
0 Likes   March 16, 2014 at 4:41PM
pcmom1
Nicer chairs? Here is some art centered around women, but I am thinking more centered on the curves of a woman's back, not so much fashion!

Actually, you could head for a college and find an art student or two taking a figure drawing class.. Simple etchings of womens' bodies. (I have three of these simple canvases in our bedroom from my son's days as a art student.)

4 Likes   Thanked by shakerww    March 16, 2014 at 4:42PM
laurakdesigns
I would think you want state of the art ergonomic seating! My chiro has very comfy chairs, space for lots of magazines, pillows on each chair for support, fountain, etc. it's a very relaxing atmosphere...people really don't mind waiting!
1 Like   March 16, 2014 at 5:28PM
kathleen MK
Your interior and logo don't have match. I think a lot of pink and gray may not work well with the rusty floor and chair colors but teal would. Maybe a darker or mid tone below the chair rail and a very pale shade above. Instead bright white trim use a charcoal grey. A slate table top fountain in the corner instead of the coat tree. I like the idea of figure drawings.instead of nudes and medical illustrations I remember from life drawing, I'd use close ups that become almost an abstract design. Maybe a Rubens or Renoir print cropped to show just the curve of a back or shoulder. Or the back of an ancient Greek sculpture. The art could bring in your pink accents in these anatomy studies or just simple florals or landscapes that are relaxing. I would find comfy chairs that are a light grey or natural linen color. Add some life with plants. An orchid on the counter would have a spine like stem and bright color.
1 Like   March 16, 2014 at 6:17PM
Barnhart Gallery
Hi shakerww -- I put on my marketing hat and I hope you don't mind that I did a search for "shaker chiropractor" to take a look at your logo, because for a business, I'm all about branding.

I really like the logo! I think it gives you all the direction you need to make your office an extension of your brand. The one real investment I'll recommend is to have you talk with a local signage manufacturer to have a large focal backlit acrylic sign made. Otherwise, I'd go with grey for your walls, and a neatly framed and displayed grouping of photos of active women. Ideally, if you care to go so far as to arrange a photo shoot, they'd all be holding a lotus flower, shot in color, changed to black and white, with the lotus photo-shopped back in in its original pink. From the photos it looks as though your chairs are a maroon that works well with the deepest pink in the logo. And to further the brand, there are many options to you if you search for lotus rug, lotus lamp, etc. Cursor over photo for wide view.
6 Likes   Thanked by shakerww    March 16, 2014 at 10:00PM
Soothing Company
You could add a wall fountain, most of our clients are Doctors placing them in their waiting room....
http://www.soothingwalls.com/wall-fountains.html
3 Likes   Thanked by shakerww    March 17, 2014 at 10:35AM
shakerww
Thank you! I will add some photos of my office tomorrow. I love the ideas!
2 Likes   March 17, 2014 at 5:14PM
Lori Dennis, Inc.
Upgrade with some great chairs from Craigslist.
1 Like   March 17, 2014 at 5:20PM
Vanessa Anderson
Hi! I'm a chiropractor also but one who loves to decorate!! My patients love color! If you can paint I'd add some color to the office! I like happy patients and cheerful colors set the mood for cheerful patients!! I think the maroon chairs would be fine with different paint! Grey with some lavender! If your catering to women! I have bright greens and it really knocks your socks off!!
1 Like   March 17, 2014 at 5:25PM
pcmom1
I read a book on color once. Said the most calming of colors is pink.

0 Likes   March 17, 2014 at 10:07PM
shakerww
Hi everyone. This is the rest of my space. It is quite small and is temporary, so that is the reason for not wanting to place too much money into it. I would love any ideas!
0 Likes   March 18, 2014 at 5:49AM
shakerww
More pics
0 Likes   March 18, 2014 at 5:50AM
pcmom1
Still not sure of the layout (I may be dense!). Can you do a drawing with dimensions and post a picture of that?

I see the wall with the three chairs that leads to the adjustment room. But what is on the adjoining wall? Can seating go there?

See two double doors. Are those the doors to the office?

How many people wait at any one time? Just one or two? If so, how about a round table in the corner with two nicer chairs, one on each side.
0 Likes   March 18, 2014 at 8:03AM
pcmom1
For art, I shop a lot at furniture consignment stores, just have to wade thru the junk for the treasure! Sometimes even just look at the frames with the idea of using them for an arrangement.

Here is a photo with some ideas for you:

Most wallpaper is easily removable now. You could add a simple paper to the bottom section of the wall in the waiting area.

Then you could mount more of the same paper in the adjustment area to tie them together (see photo).

Replace three chairs with a slim small sofa. Add a bamboo shade (Target, Home Depot) to the window area between the sitting and adjusting areas. Add a shade to the ceiling fixture (post picture so we see what you are working with).

0 Likes   March 18, 2014 at 8:16AM
hanna1984
The little table in front of the receptionist's office is in the way of the patient getting to the window. The magazines on the bottom shelf would seem to me to be too low for a person suffering from back problems to reach down to pick up. Paint that table a creamy white and find another spot for it. Put a decorative object on that bottom shelf (not fake flowers - no fake flowers anywhere!) in a color not used in the room just to break up the colors chosen for the logo.
0 Likes   March 18, 2014 at 8:29AM
hanna1984
Sit in all the chairs and turn and twist like a patient would who is looking at art on the wall, choosing a magazine or watching the door to be called back. That should help you with the height of tables and chairs. I LOVE the idea of a wall mounted water feature. You can taken it with you to your next location.
1 Like   March 18, 2014 at 8:35AM
jen046
I doesn't appear you are using the reception window. If so, maybe hang a large painting over it and keep the screen on the other side.
1 Like   March 18, 2014 at 8:37AM
hanna1984
art.com and greatbigcanvas.com have framed and canvases in all genres. canvaspop.com will make a canvas of a photo you have taken. I have purchased a framed piece from art.com and my husband had a canvas made from a photo he took of a tree in a field. We are both very pleased with how they turned out.
0 Likes   March 18, 2014 at 8:45AM
Ikea.
7 Likes   March 18, 2014 at 10:18AM
pcmom1
Groveraxle,
Wish I knew how to use Photoshop (?). You always work magic!
0 Likes   March 18, 2014 at 11:13AM
pcmom1
If you covered the reception area window with an opaque film, the waiting area would be a lot brighter. Brighter as long as the screen were moved elsewhere to let the light thru!
Example of window film:
The Living Room
A custom made stained glass panel hanging there would also be wonderful.
SanFranVic
0 Likes   March 18, 2014 at 11:17AM
Custom Home Planning Center
more fresh flowers - change about every 4 days
0 Likes   March 18, 2014 at 11:40AM
shakerww
Hanna1984...I can't believe that I didn't think about bending to get those magazines!
1 Like   March 18, 2014 at 5:25PM
quercus2
1. Get some kind of wall unit for the treatment room in which you can store the radio, the trash can, the pink ball, the hamper. It looks like a college dorm the way it is with scattered things on the floor.

2. Move the waiting room chairs apart from each other a little more. No one wants to sit right on top of the other waiting patients. I see this in waiting rooms all the time. If you have room, and you do, give people some breathing room.

3. Remove, or move, the green table in front of the glass window. Right now you have three barriers: glass windows, rattan screen, and green table. That's not very welcoming. If you're actually not using the space as a reception area, paint the glass an opaque color or drywall over it.
0 Likes   March 18, 2014 at 5:37PM
pcmom1
I real plant (Home Depot, Costco) would add freshness if added to the corner of the adjustment room.

1 Like   March 20, 2014 at 8:50AM
pcmom1
Magazine storage idea. Elevating even more, the better. And, please change out those magazines frequently!
Home Office
Enchanted Storybook
1 Like   March 20, 2014 at 8:53AM
hanna1984
I agree about changing out the magazines frequently! I can't tell you how many times I see the same magazine in a waiting room for a year! Subscribe to 4 different magazines and have them come to the office. :)
1 Like   March 20, 2014 at 8:57AM
pcmom1
Good idea. And if guys ever come with their gals, something for them also (Time, etc).
3 Likes   March 20, 2014 at 8:59AM
hanna1984
This is important to me now matter what doctor I see for whatever reason - I want maximum privacy. No open back gowns, no talking in a loud voice to your assistants for other patients to overhear and always cleanliness, cleanliness, cleanliness!
3 Likes   March 20, 2014 at 9:01AM
hanna1984
Didn't think about the guys! :)
0 Likes   March 20, 2014 at 9:02AM
pcmom1
I go see my GP and all that is there are old hunting and fishing magazines!
2 Likes   March 20, 2014 at 9:08AM
Jeffrey Brooks Interior Design
Hi, Two cents more!..........................Inexpensive shutters to fill the wall opening. Paint the walls in light Gray. Keep the trim as is and use a deeper Gray under the chair rail. A single tall artificial orchid (Pink, White and Green) on the table. A love seat or pair of small chairs with a small round table between. If you can, add a small table (console) to the adjustment room to function as a writing desk with a chair beside it.
0 Likes   March 20, 2014 at 9:23AM
Curt D'Onofrio
I would like instead science mag's. I'm so tired of girly magazines when visiting dentist. Solution = bring my own book or magazine to read when an appointment is made, But, in an emergency i'm left solely to hospitals stock supply of girly mag's while in waiting room.
2 Likes   March 20, 2014 at 9:25AM
pcmom1
Poster, as you make the changes/ additions, please post us pictures!
1 Like   March 20, 2014 at 9:25AM
Curt D'Onofrio
@hanna1984 (privacy issues) : Yes yes yes!!!
1 Like   March 20, 2014 at 9:30AM
moggie73
I agree with so many of your advisers, especially Jeffrey Brooks idea of adding shutters to the receptionist window. Currently, it appears your clients do not have much privacy while having a treatment.
Please do separate the chairs - two on one wall with a small table in-between. The third chair on the back wall with another table / magazine rack or floating shelf.
Yes, do lower the art and add more. (posters, framed art from calendars, etc. are inexpensive.)
A thrift store buffet or credenza (painted a soft color) in the treatment room would be nice.
Also, what are your clients see when they are receiving treatment?
Do you have a space for their handbags?
Best to you and your growing practice.
0 Likes   March 20, 2014 at 10:01AM
Jeffrey Brooks Interior Design
............something a chiropractor I know has on his ceiling (!) is a photo print of Paris at night!
2 Likes   March 20, 2014 at 10:07AM
Fine Art Photography by David Lalush
A large acrylic mounted photo would look great in a space like that: http://www.lalush.com/cprints/
0 Likes   March 20, 2014 at 11:54AM
shakerww
Hi everyone! I made some changes that have gotten great results. I have a sign that is being ordered, and I do plan to lower the painting. Can I get some feedback on the upgrades from all of you also? Thanks so much!
1 Like   March 29, 2014 at 8:59AM
The blinds are great. So is the magazine rack. In the waiting area, the plant on the table intimidates the chair and anyone in it. I would put it on the floor. Try the table on the other wall instead of the middle chair and lose that fourth chair if you can. Love the rug.
2 Likes   March 29, 2014 at 10:13AM
hanna1984
grover nailed it. Gives those suggestions a try and post more pics!
0 Likes   March 29, 2014 at 10:19AM
pcmom1
Try switching the coat rack with the table with the plant. That way clients will see something nice as they enter.
Do you need all four chairs? I would take one away and separate the others, even just a few inches. Strangers need a little more personal space.
Blinds are great, but I would also add privacy film to the reception window so blinds can stay open and allow more light into the waiting area.
Love the area rug, really warms up the space. And the magazine placement is much better!
Add another rug under the adjustment table.
1 Like   March 29, 2014 at 10:39AM
Hal Braswell
Add this Accurio Lattice Chinese II from Home Depot to use as wainscoting. If teal is a color in your logo, paint wall below chair rail teal and put the lattice over it. Not only does it give a color pop and great style, it will help protect wall.

Here are some pics from a mag
1 Like   March 29, 2014 at 11:02AM
moggie73
shakkerww, I think I finally figured out your floor plan, Duh, I am slow. The clients enter from the door by the coat rack?
The pic of the desk is not in the reception area, but on the other side of the window in the treatment room or office area? Still agree the chairs need to be separated for personal space, as I and others mentioned. If you really do not need the fourth chair, perhaps move it to the treatment room. When my hubby needs a treatment, he typical prefers to stand, as sitting is so painful. You are making a lot of progress!
0 Likes   March 29, 2014 at 11:06AM
pcmom1
Decided I really like the coat rack where it is, but I would get a different table for the plant in the waiting room. Something more like this, click to enlarge:
Seagrove, FL
long shore home
Brookline Residence
0 Likes   March 30, 2014 at 10:26AM
What is a good color of green for a chiropractic office...I want it to
I am opening up a new chiropractic office and would...
heyladyjuju
New Chiropractic office - Greenville, SC
Dr. Kyle Price came to me with the "before" floor plans...
Hannah Smith
Avenue Chiropractic & Wellness Clinic
2559 37th Avenue, Columbus, NE 68601, 402-564-7514 http://avechiro.com/custom_content/c_167034_contact_us.html Avenue...
avechiro
Chiropractic/wellness center advice
Hello! I am moving from my current office to a larger...
shakerww
Another bow window dilemma
I had a measurer come out today because I'm thinking...
ataverna
I need help with this room in the front of my house just to the right
Currently it is a sitting room. (Not used often). And...
brendamarch
Family Room
I need guidance on wall art, area rug, and throw pillows....
jschlemm
Need help with newly remodeled bathroom
Hello Houzz fans! We recently remodeled a guest/kids...
mameyer509
Moving kitchen to screened deck
Just bought a house in Atlanta. Love the house, hate...
rs7623926