Wine Storage- with out the hefty cost or space of a wine cellar!
DirectSinks
This is for all the wine lovers out there! Maybe you don't have the space, or wallet for a wine cellar, but do like to have a small collection on hand. Allow me to introduce to you- Wine Logic!

This idea came about when the owner's daughter received a lot of bottles of wine for her wedding, and didn't have the space to store them properly. Her father came up with his handmade wine storage cabinet insert for her kitchen cabinets.

It is made out of solid maple, made right here in the USA. The drawer glides hole 75lb-100lbs! It easy installs into existing cabinets. Fits perfectly in 18" cabinets, but can be placed in large ones! Now available- 2 tier, 3 tier, 4 tier & a 5 tier. It keeps reds in a cool dry place, all while keeping the cork wet, and the labels in clear view for choosing!

5 tier takes up the whole cabinet, while the others leave space for your shelves to store glasses, or larger bottles!

Available for drop shipment from NY & MO.
njschaefer78
Clever! A great budget friendly idea for people who don't like wine displayed on a countertop or wall mounted rack. Mind if I ask the price range?
March 17, 2014 at 11:19am        Thanked by DirectSinks
DirectSinks
Retail price ranges from $299 for the two tier model, to $599 for the 5 tier. Price includes shipping in the continental US.
March 17, 2014 at 11:58am     
A Direct Distributor Corp
We have sold it with a handful of kitchens we have done. They take one look at it in our showroom, and fall in love.
March 17, 2014 at 12:06pm      Thanked by DirectSinks
Lori Dennis, Inc.
What a great idea!
March 17, 2014 at 12:50pm        Thanked by DirectSinks
Steven T
Amazing Idea!!!!! Great job!
March 17, 2014 at 12:56pm        Thanked by DirectSinks
kellyhorse
do you ship to Canada?
May 11, 2014 at 11:43pm        Thanked by DirectSinks
fififiona
How is the temperature controlled? Most of the wine refrigerators have several different temperature zones…not sure how a cabinet woud work for wine preservation.
May 11, 2014 at 11:53pm        Thanked by DirectSinks
DirectSinks
Good question....People use wine refrigerators for those wines that are about to be popped open and enjoyed. If you are just storing it for another day, this is where Wine Logic comes in. Like an expensive custom wine cellar, this in-cabinet wine storage system stores the bottles on their sides, keeping the cork wet and swollen. And it keeps the bottles out of the light.... which we know saves the wine from light degradation. The shelves fully extend out of the cabinet to let you see the bottles all the way in the back, and you can view the labels for easy choosing. All without having to go down into your basement (where most people have custom wine cellars installed).
May 12, 2014 at 5:47am   
DirectSinks
Yes, we can ship to Canada. If you'd like to see the item in person first, I believe they have some dealers in Canada. To find out if one is near you, you can call their toll free #: 1.855.946.3564
May 12, 2014 at 5:49am   
Rebecca Mitchell Interiors & Boutique
Very clever!
May 12, 2014 at 5:53am        Thanked by DirectSinks
bichonbabe
Wine refrigerators are not just to chill wine for drinking. Wines should be stored at 45 to 65 degrees depending on the type of wine.
May 12, 2014 at 6:05am        Thanked by DirectSinks
DirectSinks
Yup! It absolutely depends on the wine you're storing, and for how long. This unit was meant for those who are wine connoisseurs, who like to be apart of a wine club, and have a stash on hand ready to drink. Even to give as a gift for an event that may help you require a lot of bottles of wine (weddings, anniversaries, birthdays). Or, if you are lucky enough to have a wine cellar, you can keep this in your kitchen for the bottles that are going to be drank in the up coming week(s)... so save you a trip down the stairs. It just another option. Many people do not have the means or space to have a cellar or wine refrigerator.
May 12, 2014 at 7:31am   
fififiona
Thank you for the clarification. It is storage for immediate/semi-immeditae use not for collectors.
May 12, 2014 at 7:42am      Thanked by DirectSinks
DirectSinks
I don't know much about collecting wine. I'm sure there are conditions it needs to be in for long periods of time. I just know that these units can be used with in a kitchen cabinet, or immediate/semi-immediate use. Or you can use it within a wine cellar for storage at specific conditions for whatever wine you are storing for a lengthy time. They are used in vineyards to help store wine that will be used in a tasting rooms, or on their sales floor. They have also been used in country golf clubs in lockers, for members to store their wine on site behind lock and key. Most of the time, it's wine lovers adding it with in their kitchen for easy, great storage.
May 12, 2014 at 7:47am   
A Direct Distributor Corp
Wine never stays long enough in my house for a wine fridge.... so this is perfect for me!
May 12, 2014 at 1:22pm   
fififiona
ADDC-I would think you would want it at the right temperature then when you do drink it as opposed to what the temperature is in the cabinet. I would love to be able to get on board with this but I do not see the value as it is basically roll outs that are divided and could be accomplished with any roll out.
May 12, 2014 at 4:37pm   
Revolutionary Gardens
The majority of American wine consumers (don't recall the #s) buy wine to consume within the next 30 days so this is a fine solution for those who aren't looking to age their wines.

As far as having it at the right temp to drink, we go through our collection and make sure we always have three whites in the fridge. It's Virginia - in the warm months, 30 minutes on the counter and whites are warmed up enough for the nose to open up, and no one drinks reds when it's 95 degrees. Good to go!
May 12, 2014 at 5:19pm        Thanked by DirectSinks
fififiona
You can wait 30 minutes!!! Just kidding…well said!
May 12, 2014 at 8:20pm     
A Direct Distributor Corp
In my mid size kitchen, I need all the space and drawers I can get. So this unit will still allow me to use a shelf and drawer space... where a wine fridge does not. Plus when I am going to drink the wine, I just put which one I need slightly chilled in the standard refrigerator for a couple minutes. No need for another appliance adding to my electric bill for the amount I drink.
May 13, 2014 at 5:35am     
fififiona
I would be curious to see comments from owners of these itms as oppossed to just the suppliers.
May 13, 2014 at 6:46am     
DirectSinks
That's what we all hope for!
May 13, 2014 at 6:55am   
fififiona
wishing you the best.
May 13, 2014 at 6:59am   
J Design Group - Interior Designers Miami - Modern
Great idea - thanks

J Design Group, Modern Interior Design Firm in Miami, Florida - Contemporary Miami Interior Designers http://www.JDesignGroup.com
May 14, 2014 at 6:39pm   
fififiona
my last comment on the subject..promise.
How is this storage any different from puttng the wine on a divided roll out or on its side in a cabinet with multiple shelves? I am repeatedly told it is for clients who buy and drink soon after purchase so I just do not understand the attraction.
May 14, 2014 at 8:25pm   
DirectSinks
If you put bottles on their side in a regular roll out, you are not going to be able to fit as much as you would on these racks. You'd have to stack them into a pyramid type shape because of the bottle's shape. You'd also have to make sure the drawer glides can handle the amount of weight your about to put on them. When choosing your wine in this example, you would have to take all of the bottles off the top of the pyramid when you want to see what kind of wine you have at the bottom.

If you stand them up inside a cabinet, you're not keeping the corks wet. You'd have to move and dig through to look at the labels. And again, you'll be able to store a lot less. Wine bottles take up a lot of space when they are standing up. You cannot stack or store anything on top of them... so you're left with useless space above the bottles.

The largest unit, the WL-MAPLE30 can store 30 bottles of wine in a 18" x 18" space. Say you don't want to use your whole cabinet for storing wine... you can choose the three tier model (WL-MAPLE18) and store 18 bottles of wine, keep your fixed shelf in your cabinet for an ice bucket, stemware, or even liquor bottles.

If you do not understand the "attraction," that is fine.
May 15, 2014 at 5:50am     
northseeker
This is a nice idea! We have a wine cellar for longer storage, plus space. We do have a wine fridge by the kitchen, but it's always filled with cheese! We have wine storage area at the end of one kitchen cabinet, but I'd eliminate and try to find a place for this. I particularly like seeing the labels. Full extension slides that will hold a lot of weight are expensive, so I think your price points are good. Good luck with this. Looks like a good product!
May 15, 2014 at 6:18am        Thanked by DirectSinks
DirectSinks
haha! Cheese is very important, if you ask me. It does deserve its own special space. Thank you.
May 15, 2014 at 6:22am   
fififiona
However, it is still just a series of roll outs in a cabinet and easily duplicated as such for pennies on the dollar.
May 15, 2014 at 9:48am   
krf9
I prefer to keep wine facing the other way - bottle top towards the door. Sliding the wines disturbs the sediment. Generally you want to keep your wine as still as possible, hence why you shouldnt keep it on top of your fridge (vibrations), so sliding it in and out every time you want to get a bottle doesnt seem great to me.
May 15, 2014 at 10:01am   
Fresh Floor, Kitchen & Bath
We are a contractor company and we specialize in kitchen and bathroom remodels. I do have to say this is quite an invention for the wine bottles. Typically you get your average wine rack which is not bad but not everyone has the space to put one in the open, as well as the bottles are hidden. I love the staggered idea and being able to actually appreciate the options you have from choosing. We would love to be able to provide this option to our clients one day!!!
May 15, 2014 at 1:27pm        Thanked by DirectSinks
A Direct Distributor Corp
Interesting Ideabook on Houzz I came across today
May 16, 2014 at 12:00pm      Thanked by DirectSinks
DirectSinks
For those kitchen designers who are interested, they have come out with a 20.20 catalog so you can design them right into your design. If you'd like to message us, I can send you the file.
June 3, 2014 at 8:21am   
Wine storage in house without a cellar and limited floor space
We are building a traditional home without a basement...
From Storage Closet to Wine Cellar
We repurposed a "catch all" closet close to the Kitchen...
Wine storage cost?
I'm looking to do a wine storage and love this. Appreciate...
Storage with out blocking light or space!
I habe an artroom with 3-windows instead of ealls....
Gray owl paint
I recently painted my bedroom walls with Gray Owl....
Asbestos Tile? What did you do with yours?
There is asbestos tile in two rooms of our home over...
Help to make the arrangemnet of my great room
I have a corner fireplace and wall to the left of the...
How do I fill this empty space?
We have about a foot of clear space above the refrigerator...
Powder Room Update: Need Advice
We are changing the floor to multi-color slate and...