Need colour
dipakkakad
March 21, 2014 in Design Dilemma
Hey we just moved into a new house and the sofas as wallpaper around are a lil too dull . Looking to bring up some colours in the hall .

Hoping for some suggestions on rug and curtain colours.

Thanks
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
PRO
Jolana Knupp Interior Design
A rug with blue (from ur pillows) and gold accents (accessories) will pull the space together. Same goes for an art above the sofa. Btw the mirror is too narrow/small for the wall. Hope that helps.
March 28, 2014 at 4:22pm        Thanked by dipakkakad
myrabee
Maybe a mantle or shelf below mirror with coloured accents? Blue, purple vases, bottles, etc
March 28, 2014 at 4:25pm        Thanked by dipakkakad
PRO
Cancork Floor Inc.
A tiny 'snap' of orange would be amazing. And I mean "tiny". A rug with a line or two of orange (don't over do it) would rock this space! You have cold blue, on cold blue, on muted blue, on gray-blue. The theme of blue is great...but we need to make it snap to attention. Nothing does that better than orange. You don't need much. An bowl of oranges would be a great way to check to see "how much" is considered enough. If you can find a rug with blue+orange you are on your way to a great space.
March 28, 2014 at 5:05pm        Thanked by dipakkakad
jensonluo
If you want something bold, check out these guys. Their designs are not what you see everyday. Guarantee to wow people.
http://www.atchconcepts.com/services.html

You might consider an accent wallpaper mural on that back wall or a large canvas piece. I would suggest the colours to correspond with your existing sofa set but in lighter tone to tight it all in or go for something in complete contrast to really spice up the space to give it some accent.
April 2, 2014 at 2:16am        Thanked by dipakkakad
Rina
Here's one way to go. I like Jolana Knupp's idea of gold as an accent colour, especially in the topaz regions, like this glass bowl. I couldn't see the price on the website as it fell off the side of my screen, but it seems to be there -- however, I'm not sure we want to know. Nevertheless, if the item might not be achievable, the colour is. At least one large piece of art that ties your colours with gold would be great, if you can find one you love. And I would add more art, as well. Lots more. A more interesting rug, simple teal curtains (if my memory serves me, these are from Ikea). And build from there.
http://www.thefind.com/homefurnishings/info-purple-rug https://www.nestinteriorsny.com/Gold-Glass-Bowl.html
April 2, 2014 at 4:20am        Thanked by dipakkakad