Bath Tub help - What can I do about my shower stall and bath tub
Rue B
The bathroom layout is like a T or two Ls upside down. I will change the shower stall to tile but the white tile around the tub I am looking for ideas on what to do with that so its not a mismatch and would it make more sense to move the tub closer to the shower stall?
Nikki Trivisonno, CKD of Somrak Kitchens
If you are changing out the tub, I would suggest using some color in the tile around it and maybe include decorative band. See photo attached.
March 21, 2014 at 10:12AM      Thanked by Rue B
Rue B
Love that idea because it creates some sort of a theme for the space.
March 21, 2014 at 5:51PM   
yuemee
Can you convert the tub into a tub / shower and just get rid of the shower stall all together? That shower is in a really bad spot. If you remove the shower and take down the wall next to the vanity it wold open up the room and give you space for a larger vanity.
March 21, 2014 at 6:00PM     
Rue B
I could not agree with you more about the location of the shower stall. I am just wondering how much room I have to move things around. Here are a links to a few designs but I am not sure if I have enough room to work with.

1) Master Bath
2)Long and Narrow guest bath
3) 2011 Showcase of Homes
4)Lafayette Residence Two (compact storage space concept)
4)Private Residence 7 in Southwest Florida; (like the calming feel).
March 21, 2014 at 6:57PM   
yuemee
Either one of those looks will work. Unless you have a way to add more square footage, like opening up space from the room on the left, the only way I can see this working is to replace the tub with a shower or converting the tub into a tub/shower. Do you need the tub for that bathroom? Do you have another bathroom with a tub?
March 22, 2014 at 3:06AM   
Rue B
I have a tub in another bathroom so I can replace this one with a shower stall and extend the vanity as well as add some storage space. By doing that, I am not sure if I am really thrilled about the idea of the toilet next to the shower stall? Any suggestions?
March 22, 2014 at 3:16AM   
yuemee
There really isn't a choice for the toilet. The only spot you have is where the shower is now. Bad spot for that too. You can do a linen tower and a larger vanity. From the pics you posted you seem to like the modern/rustic look. Maybe you can build a linen closet thats 24 wide by 22 deep and use counter with an above mounted sink. Add a medicine cabinet for toothbrush, etc storage.
March 22, 2014 at 3:42AM        Thanked by Rue B
jergens1211
Very easy solution,we convert these all the time The main goal is to not seethe toilet when the door is open only attainable half of the time due to size limitations.put a nice walk in shower where your tub is ,destroy the walls shower and clear that area ,turn the toilet with the back against the wall where you walk in ,and lastly get a nice big vanity with two sinks .. Nice project.PS We almost always move /eliminate the plumbing in a bathroom Reno anyways.Never let the plumbing dictate where things go.
May 19, 2014 at 6:46AM      Thanked by Rue B
Curtain dilemma,
The rug is coming out and I'm thinking of putting in...
Our living room is driving me crazy. Please help!
This room was one of the reasons we loved this house...
Living/Dining Room Combo
Hi I am trying to figure out how to layout this space....
Need help picking furniture for TV!
Desperately need help with this. Have a split level...
Fabric --who is the vendor? Lido Salmon
Does anyone know who the designer/manufacturer of this...