HELP! 2 different kitchen backsplashes?
zachandannie
We are planning a kitchen remodel. We have the main L shaped wall cabinets in a wood stain, with a creamy quartz countertop. We have an island and also a wet bar area in a creamy cabinet color with a dark brown quartz countertop. I was planning a light travertine subway tile backsplash behind the stove and surrounding wall. I was going to have beadboard on the back of the island, as well as the wall behind the wet bar, which would give the wet bar more of a hutch look. Also those two pieces are the same in color. The wet bar is separate from the rest of the cabinetry by a doorway. We have an open concept floor plan with a stacked stone fireplace in the adjoining great room. My husband wants to use that stone as a backsplash only behind the wet bar. (I would be afraid of putting it behind the stove because it would be so hard to clean. ) I am afraid the two different backsplashes would look to busy and not at all cohesive. AM I making too much of a fuss about this? Sorry, no pictures yet, it's still in the planning stages.
HI -- No ,don't use the stacked stone behind the stove ! Nightmare to clean . It would be ok behind the bar but may look too heavy . I think you should keep tile in these areas . There is tile that would give you a similar look to the stacked stone but be more suited to the kitchen use. Besides the stacked stone fireplace should stand alone with it's look . It is a feature of the house ,right ?
March 23, 2014 at 6:51am   
What is Australian style?
Australia: it's a big, brown island that has taken...
What is your backyard crying out for?
Some people let their grass grow too long, or their...
Kitchen color vote
I'm thinking of painting the bottom cabinets black,...
HELP! Calling for inputs for living room and kitchen!
I'm looking to redecorate my kitchen and living room....