Is it possible to get a nice/modern stair runner?
stepher79
We recently built a modern two-storey and love it. Our floors are stained concrete and our stairs are cape cod style with dark stained reclaimed douglas fir treads. While they look great, we're worried our 4 and 6 year old will fall down them and get hurt. Since we're beyond baby gate years, is it possible to find a NICE modern runner that isn't traditional or hideous? Are there any other products on the market that can be used on stairs to retain the clean/modern look while providing the safety (and peace of mind) we so greatly desire?
Mila Interiors
Absolutely! I suggest looking at carpet retailers and you should look for a solid block colour, black, white or even a feature colour... Not all stair runners are old fashioned patterns anymore. Horizontal stripes also look modern and also widen the stairs.. Definitely worth looking into, as you say it's also a safety feature, but that doesn't mean it can't be stylish!
0 Likes   Thanked by stepher79    March 24, 2014 at 3:05PM
Regret size of granite countertop.
My kitchen is still being renovated. The granite peninsula...
Need help with my kitchen
I recently refinished my cabinets in my kitchen from...
Need help for my kitchen
Hello! We are in the process of designing our new...
Furniture Placement & Other Ideas?
We have a narrow living room with three doorways and...
Color Anxiety and Kitchen Redesign
I have just purchased a charming old-style cottage...