Need Help with window treatments
roze173
I need help choosing style , color , pattern and fabric for window treatments for my master bedroom

My room currently consist of :
Duvet Serena Lily Tess ( dove gray & white damask )
Sheets - Mocha trellis contrast pattern and color
Paint color - benjamin moore winter lake with white woodwork trim
I would like to soften the blue and gray with a linen color window panel , im just very unsure of myself
Ive enclosed photos of bedroom , bedroom paint color, bedding patterns

any advice would be appreciated pattens , colors, etc...
laurakdesigns
Very pretty! I love the paint color you've chosen. How about Silhouette blinds with silk panels to match the walls?
1 Like   Thanked by roze173    March 25, 2014 at 9:53PM
Rachel H
I challenge you, Cassie, to make one of your 'suggested' pieces look good in this room.
4 Likes   Thanked by roze173    March 25, 2014 at 10:18PM
Brandi Nash Hicks
Abstract art does not go with the style of that room ,maybe some white or blacked framed groupings ,this looks like a sweet little upstairs room. I think curtains all the way to the ceiling with grommets for easy open and close with bamboo romain shades over the window for privacy.
3 Likes   Thanked by roze173    March 25, 2014 at 10:20PM
Rachel H
1 Like   Thanked by roze173    March 25, 2014 at 10:50PM
Custom Decors by Angela
For the drapery rod, I would mount it so the top of the rod is the same height as the point where the adjacent wall starts to angle. That will create a nice continuous line around the room. If you have the budget, wall-to-wall draperies would be very nice. But, it would also be great to have the rod be just a bit larger than the window. At a minimum, I'd have the rod be at least 16" wider than your window. If you're using stationary draperies, I'd have each panel be at least 1.5 widths of fabric. Many ready-mades are just 1 width, but that might look skimpy on a window of this size.

It looks like you have a heating system running along the baseboard. You might want to stay away from a linen fabric or a linen-blend. In my experience the heat will cause the hem to shrink in the winter (but it does "grow" again in the summer).
1 Like   Thanked by roze173    March 26, 2014 at 4:38AM
US Verticals Mfg, Inc.
My suggestion would be a knife-pleat or hobbled Roman Shade in a nice soft sheer fabric in a color to match the white in the room. This will make the window a very soft feature of the room, allowing a lot of beautiful natural light to come in the room. I would couple the shade with a nice ring top drapery in a fabric that speaks to you and complements the design of your room. I have attached a photo that, while different from your style, will show you what I mean.
0 Likes   Thanked by roze173    March 26, 2014 at 4:57AM
Libby Lingenfelter
Beautiful color choices. I would consider a white cornice just the width of the tallest middle section. It would anchor the wall and accent the beautiful breezy curtains. Height to place the cornice would be taste. Higher (like going to the top) will accent this architectural feature of the room and add drama and height. Midway between window and ceiling (if the cornice is solid on top) could serve for up lights or pictures. On either side of window would scream for beautiful tall vases or some type of white distressed tall wood accent lamps. For drama, you could add curtain drawbacks. Just some ideas to consider. Libby
0 Likes   Thanked by roze173    March 26, 2014 at 6:29AM
Warner Decor
Hi! Here are a few ideas for you: http://deciture.com/shop/decor/world-market/natural-linen-grommet-top-curtain-54inx96in/ (these are natural linen-looking, and would go well with your current color scheme)
http://deciture.com/shop/decor/pier-1-imports/scallop-curtain-blue-gray/ (a little different)
http://deciture.com/shop/decor/world-market/birds-branch-burnout-curtain/ (these are white but I really think they would lighten up the space and allow natural light in if you wanted that)

Hope these help you!
0 Likes   March 26, 2014 at 6:46AM
roze173
this is actually the bedroom with the added ledge to give dimension and division . any input for window treatments would be appreciated.
0 Likes   March 26, 2014 at 9:18AM
Need help! Lots of windows and need help with window treatments
Sorry about the lack of pictures... But, this is my...
Need help with window treatment ideas for lv rm window seat window
Hi, I am trying to give my living room a more polished,...
Help! My bedroom needs window treatment and help in that window area
Finally after 2 years of living here decided on bedding,...
Need help for window treatment for 2.5 metre by .5 metre window
Please advise me on how to treat a wide, high window...
SD- Bow window.Need window treatment help
Have a bow window made up of five- 19" windows that...
Installing a Built-In in Family Room
My husband and I are having a built-in designed in...
Need help updating living room
We are working on decorating our living room. Looking...
What can i do to make the exterior of my house look modern?
I have a ranch house built in the 70's. It has white...
How to safely "hide" a visible water heater in the kitchen
Does anyone have ideas on how to either create an interesting...
Kitchen quandary
So as you can see the kitchen cabinets are looking...