giesu
February 22, 2012 in Photo Questions
We are building our house right now and are going with traditional as well. I love where the recipe books are! did you just not put a door on that shelf or was this particular shelf custom made to be a book shelf?
Claudia Martin, ASID
Most cabinet companies offer an "open cabinet" option so that the cabinet is not drilled for hinges, and the interior is finished with the same material/color as the exterior of the cabinet. Have fun with your project!
February 26, 2012 at 8:42pm   
mousemaker
that is a nice place for cookbooks, i agree...but my cookbooks would never fit there :)
i have a million of them :) plus binders and a box of cards..i know that recipes can be kept on a kitchen computer, but i think that i'm better off spilling tomato sauce on a cookbook :)
if you have a lot of books and other recipes, you might want a large area and also a book stand. i have an iron one that looks really nice on the countertop.
March 8, 2012 at 10:54am   
giesu
yes, I hear what you are saying about too many cookbooks. I almost think I have to custom make an open cabinet to make it all fit properly.

It also seems to be the new thing now with having a kitchen computer, I do have to say I have thought of a place to put a laptop in our new kitchen for this very reason but somehow I don't think i'll be using it to bring up recipes that often. I'd feel to guilty if anything spilled... lol.

Thanks for the suggestion for the book stand, i'll keep my eyes peeled for a nice one!
March 8, 2012 at 9:44pm   
acw2355
Lower cabinets - love the flat panels. Who makes them?
October 15, 2013 at 9:31pm   
skboberg
Check out Standzout for an IPad stand. It's awesome!
June 7, 2014 at 10:50am   
Can cabinets be stained white instead of painted?
Getting custom cabinetry. Saw work in other homes....
Kitchen Island Decor
I have a large island in my kitchen and am struggling...
Do you sleep with blackout curtains?
Are you enjoying the bright nights? Although the shortest...
What color should our gutters & downspouts be?
We are having gutters installed next week & I have...
Shower curtain
How to hang a shower curtain over a tub?