jaddou87
February 22, 2012 in Photo Questions
hi Rebekah,
I would like to put this in the kitchen. I am hesitant because people say I have to seal it and it stains. thanks
Jessica Ogg
I work for The Tile Shop, which sells this particular stone-any natural stone has to be sealed. Think how you would seal your wood deck or floors to protect it from the elements. The sealers sold at the Tile Shop are designed to last 15 years!
1 Like   April 5, 2012 at 4:52PM
Rebecca Zuurhoud
You should be aware that anything that is acid based will penetrate most sealers and stain the stone. If you have pets that get sick or have accidents you will have an issue.
3 Likes   April 5, 2012 at 10:07PM
Jessica Ogg
They make several cleaners which are designed for natural stone, we sell ones for travertine here at the store. Simply Clean will work as well. We have natural stone floors all over the store which I clean on a regular basis with out any issues. As long as stone is sealed, you wont have any problems! :)
0 Likes   April 6, 2012 at 10:51AM
jaddou87
thank you
1 Like   April 6, 2012 at 1:54PM
Toni Sabatino
Hi All,
I am a stone tile lover and while it is true that stone will etch and stain from acid based liquids, it is so beautiful. Floors like the natural gold travertine attached will perform well when sealed. I recommend steam cleaning and re-sealing every five years or so for heavily used kitchens and common spaces. The light travertine floor in the hallway photo has done well for a family with 2 small dogs, but has required some maintenance. Deeper floors with lots of shading , like the one you chose, will really not show stains too easily and generally real stone just gathers character with age.
6 Likes   April 6, 2012 at 2:28PM
celestecarinthia
this does look nice but we have gone for porcelain tiles made to look like real stone, so low maintenance but still look good.
1 Like   March 31, 2013 at 1:38AM
Through the Woods Fine Wood Floors, Inc.
It's not surprising, but I love wood floors in kitchens. They provide warmth and comfort, both physically and visually. Cork is also a terrific choice and is avalable in a wide range of colors.
0 Likes   March 31, 2013 at 2:02AM
roache
I would like to use this in an entry way and under a wood stove. Is it strong enough and how will it fit with a wood floor
0 Likes   July 5, 2013 at 11:33AM
Toni Sabatino
A porcelain floor that has the look of stone will definitely be more practical for you. If you are worried about it wearing poorly, better to be safe with your choice.
0 Likes   July 12, 2013 at 4:33PM
Richmond Tile and Bath
great advice! would love for you to come to our showroom.
1 Like   August 10, 2013 at 6:57AM
Patricia Santoro
Would this tile be suitable in front of a fireplace?
0 Likes   September 22, 2013 at 9:41AM
What to do with off center fireplace, tv and furniture placement.
My 1954 ranchelo living room is 15 x 13 and I don't...
zeeveezee
need help with a spa green / blue paint color
1940 bathroom, lots of natural light, tired of the...
meghan1
blankets
this is d blanket...too old for me..not my type,...i...
aaliya2122
help me pull my den/family room together!...
I would love some input! This is my den, open concept...
natramp
Need Help With Hanging Paintings
Moved from a larger house into a smaller 2BR condo....
luvinlex