jaddou87
February 22, 2012 in Photo Questions
hi Rebekah,
I would like to put this in the kitchen. I am hesitant because people say I have to seal it and it stains. thanks
Jessica Ogg
I work for The Tile Shop, which sells this particular stone-any natural stone has to be sealed. Think how you would seal your wood deck or floors to protect it from the elements. The sealers sold at the Tile Shop are designed to last 15 years!
April 5, 2012 at 4:52pm     
Rebecca Zuurhoud
You should be aware that anything that is acid based will penetrate most sealers and stain the stone. If you have pets that get sick or have accidents you will have an issue.
April 5, 2012 at 10:07pm     
Jessica Ogg
They make several cleaners which are designed for natural stone, we sell ones for travertine here at the store. Simply Clean will work as well. We have natural stone floors all over the store which I clean on a regular basis with out any issues. As long as stone is sealed, you wont have any problems! :)
April 6, 2012 at 10:51am   
jaddou87
thank you
April 6, 2012 at 1:54pm     
Toni Sabatino
Hi All,
I am a stone tile lover and while it is true that stone will etch and stain from acid based liquids, it is so beautiful. Floors like the natural gold travertine attached will perform well when sealed. I recommend steam cleaning and re-sealing every five years or so for heavily used kitchens and common spaces. The light travertine floor in the hallway photo has done well for a family with 2 small dogs, but has required some maintenance. Deeper floors with lots of shading , like the one you chose, will really not show stains too easily and generally real stone just gathers character with age.
April 6, 2012 at 2:28pm     
celestecarinthia
this does look nice but we have gone for porcelain tiles made to look like real stone, so low maintenance but still look good.
March 31, 2013 at 1:38am     
Through the Woods Fine Wood Floors, Inc.
It's not surprising, but I love wood floors in kitchens. They provide warmth and comfort, both physically and visually. Cork is also a terrific choice and is avalable in a wide range of colors.
March 31, 2013 at 2:02am   
roache
I would like to use this in an entry way and under a wood stove. Is it strong enough and how will it fit with a wood floor
July 5, 2013 at 11:33am   
Toni Sabatino
A porcelain floor that has the look of stone will definitely be more practical for you. If you are worried about it wearing poorly, better to be safe with your choice.
July 12, 2013 at 4:33pm   
Richmond Tile and Bath
great advice! would love for you to come to our showroom.
August 10, 2013 at 6:57am     
Patricia Santoro
Would this tile be suitable in front of a fireplace?
September 22, 2013 at 9:41am   
What is Australian style?
Australia: it's a big, brown island that has taken...
Kitchen design question
Hi, I picked out a bianco torrone granite and it is...
Toilet Design Help
Hi guys. We're renovating an old house and are having...
What color should I paint this small bedroom?
Main floor is getting painted next week. Mostly SW...