Shutter/trim color question
lra2
Just had shutters installed. Initially didn't want too "stark" of a feel, so matched them somewhere between wall and trim color. Had them installed today and it looks off. Wall color is revere pewter, which cannot be changed. Painting trim would lead into stairway and kitchen, which I want to remain white. So, is it okay to paint only trim around windows and leave baseboards and window set white? That way I avoid going into other adjoining (doorless) rooms Help, please!!
Barbara Griffith Designs
Shutters should always be trim color so they look like it is a complete package. What if you painted the walls dark red, would you have done the same as you did. Wall colors change shutters do not. At this point I would paint all the trim in the room the shade of the shutters..or if there are only a few shutters change them out to be trim house trim color and have the cost be a lesson.
March 26, 2014 at 9:29AM   
lra2
Thanks, Brbara. I know nothing about design and wish my window company wouldve guided me better. That said, I'm hoping for a less expensive lesson. The double story family room where the shutters are has a staircase with white trim and also leads into the kitchen with white trim. Should I paint the trim around the windows the same color as the shutters? Would that be okay if all the other trim stays white? I guess that's the answer I am hoping for, but I'd love any ideas other than ordering new shutters. Thanks!
March 26, 2014 at 10:08AM   
mcbmd3
Paint the trim around the windows the same color. Done.
March 26, 2014 at 11:06AM        Thanked by lra2
Barbara Griffith Designs
I would also paint the trim on the windows only.
March 26, 2014 at 1:53PM   
quick fix
I don't want to spend too much on the kitchen at this...
Garage Door Repair Vallejo
A qualified Best & Fast garage door company can advise...
Where's chookchook?
Our beloved chookie hasn't been heard from in days....
Accent/color dilemma
My main living room colors are a fun apple green and...