How do I spruce up my patio!?
vhollick
We just moved into our house last summer and bought this deck furniture from ballard designs. I feel like it looks lonely! Any suggestions on an inexpensive way to spruce up the deck? I am thinking potted plants. Ballard also sells a two or three seater in the same design as the patio furniture that may look good along the railing, but it's not cheap! I was also thinking green patterned cushions would be nice? Would love some thoughts! Thanks!
Shannon Ggem ASID
What a gorgeous big deck! It may work to pull the dining area much closer to the sliding glass doors, place the grill perpendicular to the other door and have a 4 piece conversation set back there.

A little sofa, 2 club chairs and a coffee table. I think what it's missing is something cushion-y and soft. Perhaps put that group on an outdoor rug.

Then absolutely add a few giant pots, perhaps 5, one by the house/ deck, one in the outer corner, one along the long stretch of railing and one by the stairs. One more to mark the beginning of the dining area on the house side and you're good! Summer!
2 Likes   Thanked by vhollick    March 27, 2014 at 8:03AM
mmilos
I agree with Shannon.

Conversely, can you move the table back parallel to your sliders, closer to the BBQ? Add a colorful umbrella for the table.

Then anchor an outdoor seating area on the deck in front of the sliders with a rug.

I wouldn't go too matchy-matchy with the seating. People seem to do this a lot in outdoor spaces with a whole matching set. Too me that looks as bad as buying a matching bedroom set.

Gray wicker would coordinate for some lounge seating.
These ones from Ballard would look nice: http://www.ballarddesigns.com/laurel-lounge-chair/outdoor-living/category/lounge/seating/304788

Wait till they go on a good sale. Good quality patio furniture is more expensive than indoor furniture.

Measure your space and draw up a plan before buying any additional pieces to make sure you have enough room.

Add color with a rug, umbrella, pillows and potted flowers.
0 Likes   Thanked by vhollick    March 27, 2014 at 8:32AM
Joie de Vivre
Hi!
I think your patio has great potential. Because you have limited space, you need furniture like the rolling bench that will offer you enough versatility.
For example, you can easily move it around your BBQ.

Please find bellow the link of the website. Let me know what you think about it. http://www.rollingbenches.com/
0 Likes   May 16, 2014 at 11:25AM
Dar Eckert
Joie de Vivre I'm really sick of seeing your advertisements for rolling benches on all these advice discussions. Find another way to advertise your wares!!!
1 Like   May 16, 2014 at 11:33AM
pudgybunny
Help any ideas to prove this-- sidewalk is awful?
0 Likes   May 16, 2014 at 4:07PM
What can I do to spruce up my entryway?
I want to include some seating for people to take on...
How can I spruce up my room??
I need help visualizing what else I can do with this...
How do I spruce up our small (5'x9') entryway?
I had a small bench, (see photo), but I fear it's not...
How do I spruce up this wall and hide the air con?
I don't know how to hide the air conditioner and would...
Help me spruce up my patio
What can I do to make my patio more inviting? Any...
what to do with the panelling .
white trim and doors, hot cocos on the walls. but,...
Need help with window treatments for a large bow window
We have a bow window in our living room and need to...
FOYER Chandelier or Lantern - Ideas?
Our foyer is open up to the 2nd floor and round like...
Alternatives to bifold door for new bathroom?
We just moved into our new co-op apartment. Our bathroom...
Elevation
Need help for front elevation