How do I spruce up my patio!?

vhollickMarch 27, 2014
We just moved into our house last summer and bought this deck furniture from ballard designs. I feel like it looks lonely! Any suggestions on an inexpensive way to spruce up the deck? I am thinking potted plants. Ballard also sells a two or three seater in the same design as the patio furniture that may look good along the railing, but it's not cheap! I was also thinking green patterned cushions would be nice? Would love some thoughts! Thanks!
Shannon Ggem ASID
What a gorgeous big deck! It may work to pull the dining area much closer to the sliding glass doors, place the grill perpendicular to the other door and have a 4 piece conversation set back there.

A little sofa, 2 club chairs and a coffee table. I think what it's missing is something cushion-y and soft. Perhaps put that group on an outdoor rug.

Then absolutely add a few giant pots, perhaps 5, one by the house/ deck, one in the outer corner, one along the long stretch of railing and one by the stairs. One more to mark the beginning of the dining area on the house side and you're good! Summer!
2 Likes    Bookmark   Thanked by vhollick    March 27, 2014 at 8:03AM
mmilos
I agree with Shannon.

Conversely, can you move the table back parallel to your sliders, closer to the BBQ? Add a colorful umbrella for the table.

Then anchor an outdoor seating area on the deck in front of the sliders with a rug.

I wouldn't go too matchy-matchy with the seating. People seem to do this a lot in outdoor spaces with a whole matching set. Too me that looks as bad as buying a matching bedroom set.

Gray wicker would coordinate for some lounge seating.
These ones from Ballard would look nice:
http://www.ballarddesigns.com/laurel-lounge-chair/outdoor-living/category/lounge/seating/304788

Wait till they go on a good sale. Good quality patio furniture is more expensive than indoor furniture.

Measure your space and draw up a plan before buying any additional pieces to make sure you have enough room.

Add color with a rug, umbrella, pillows and potted flowers.
    Bookmark   Thanked by vhollick    March 27, 2014 at 8:32AM
Joie de Vivre
Hi!
I think your patio has great potential. Because you have limited space, you need furniture like the rolling bench that will offer you enough versatility.
For example, you can easily move it around your BBQ.

Please find bellow the link of the website. Let me know what you think about it.
http://www.rollingbenches.com/
    Bookmark   May 16, 2014 at 11:25AM
Dar Eckert
Joie de Vivre I'm really sick of seeing your advertisements for rolling benches on all these advice discussions. Find another way to advertise your wares!!!
1 Like    Bookmark   May 16, 2014 at 11:33AM
pudgybunny
Help any ideas to prove this-- sidewalk is awful?
    Bookmark   May 16, 2014 at 4:07PM
What can I do to spruce up my entryway?
I want to include some seating for people to take on...
sahwul
Ideas to spruce up the front of my house...
Just bought this semi-attached colonial (so they say)...
rereh
Private patio spruce up!
My fiance and I have recently begun renting a ranch...
Nick Boka
need help sprucing up the front and the yard of my 1st home
Hello as i am one of the Houzz website addict, i brought...
serginajean
What can I do to spruce up this room?
I am thinking of doing brick vaneer to the fire place...
blondish1
Starting Over-need advice
We got rid of all our living room furniture and are...
haley82
Need help with club chairs for my living room....
I am trying to furnish our living room - ignore the...
ncastel
Help for my guest bedroom
I went out got samples of celadon and lavender . They...
amoxst
what goes with a teal couch??
I have this light teal couch and love seat and have...
theruts
Curb Appeal for 1966 Colonial Revival Ranch
I've completely gutted and remodeled the interior of...
Jennifer Scheffel