I want to display five sets unused of stemware creativly
hydrant
I have five sets of cut glass stemware (which belonged to my great grandmother) that I would like to display in a unique way. They are no longer used and are just sitting on a cupboard shelf. There are four to six in each set with stems varying in length and some have etched designs. Any ideas? (I tried to take pictures, but was unsuccessful. Will try again)
Anjelica from Spruce Home
If they are all varying heights they would look nice as a kind of centerpiece for a shelf. You could kind of bunch them as you would with pillar candles.

If you want to hang them, I saw recently a post where someone had taken a garden hoe, hung it upside down on a wall, and hung the stems off of the points. It was more rustic so not sure what kind of look you are going for.
March 30, 2014 at 8:23pm      Thanked by hydrant
hydrant
Thankymucholas. Both ideas are good. I will experiment. ;-)
March 30, 2014 at 8:30pm   
kathleen MK
A lighted display case would show them off, but if you could place where the sun catches the cut glass you could bathe the room in rainbows at the right time of day. I have seen chandeliers made from a pendant light with the stems hung around the bulb.
They could make vases for cut flowers, hold make up brushes or other necessities.
March 30, 2014 at 8:33pm        Thanked by hydrant
hydrant
Wow! I like the display by the window.... a combination of the chandelier by the window would be great. Many thanks!
March 30, 2014 at 8:58pm   
nwduck
If you have a window where it would work, you could do an installation of removable glass shelves (attached to the window surround) and set them on the glass shelves.
March 30, 2014 at 11:21pm      Thanked by hydrant
Can't decide on a backsplash with a busy granite
I have a busy granite ( Mokoro ) ( geriba ) Is a busy...
Your favourite colour combo?
I'm currently into yellow + grey interiors, it's a...
Ugly fireplace dilemma
Plan on tearing out the nonfunctional fireplace, but...
We cannot find a rug to save our lives.
I even switched up the sofa and added new pillow, curtains....