Basket weave tile on the shower floor
texasusan
I'd love to use a black & white basket weave tile on my shower floor to match the rest of the floor in the bathroom. I've been told that this would be too slick to use in the shower. I dont want something that we should slip and fall. Any comments or suggestions? I see the basket weave tile used in showers on the Houzz site.
Facings of America, Inc
If you are thinking of using a ceramic or porcelain each individual manufacture can provide a wet coefficient of friction rating. If you are using natural stone the finish applied to the stone will increase or decrease the coefficient of friction. In addition, the reason many people use this type of pattern on their shower floor is the pattern itself helps create friction. Also the size of the individual tiles and basket weave off-set helps increase friction due to the grout joints. Increasing the grout joint size can also improve traction. I always tell clients to get a few samples, get them wet and see how it feels. If it feels like you are on ice skates then select another material.
March 31, 2014 at 10:35AM     
texasusan
Thank you! This is very helpful!
March 31, 2014 at 12:12PM   
Has anyone ever seen a glass (not tile) backsplash?
I have wallpaper that I've drooled ocer for years....
kitchen nook suggestions needed
I have attached a picture of my kitchen nook. I have...
need help wit color and furniture
I need to change color of this room,any ideas,i want...
Wanting dark floors but not sure about this contrast
This is a corner of my kitchen cabinets with the flooring...