to install medicine cabinets or not?
lauraslp12
with a new construction house and what appears as enough storage with under the sink cabinets and drawers in 4 bathrooms, is it necessary to have the typical mirror medicine cabinet in the wall? starting to wonder if it is more of an eyesore or necessary component in the bathroom.....thank you
Some medicine cabinets could be fitted between wall studs for a more flushed look. And more storage is always welcomed.
April 1, 2014 at 6:56PM     
Elizabeth Bolton - ReMax Destiny
I love my medicine cabinets - the bigger the better! I have an antique one in one bath and two new ones in my other - a large one with a curved, beveled mirror over the sink and a full length one that was a big splurge. Both are by Kohler and have mirrors inside on the back of the door and behind the shelves. I've never for a moment considered medicine cabinets as eyesores in any of the houses I've toured. For me the drawers would not be a good substitute.
April 1, 2014 at 7:31PM     
printesa
It depends on the look. I have one my master bathroom and I don't like it. It is fitted between the studs, but it's a low quality cabinet (whatever the builder installed). If you want one, I would look at some that have the mirrored door open and not slide. The groove for the sliding door is impossible to clean.
April 1, 2014 at 7:37PM   
April 1, 2014 at 7:43PM   
I need help selecting yellow paint color for dining and kitchen
I have lots of windows for this area, which is currently...
Playroom paint
We are turning a media room into a kid playroom. I...
Lighting Advice, Please
I've read multiple places that when positioning outdoor...
Flooring
Any thoughts/ suggestions on flooring to go with Rustic...
Need Help - rustic look gone wrong!
I have purchased a californian bungalow with corrugated...