tewy
We are building new house in Modern French Country Style. Love to hear pros and cons of travertine floors? What color stone bench tops? don't like it too busy looking. thanks in advance:-))
Keerthi Naidu
Hi tewy, saw you posted this a while ago - how'd the home build go? Personally, I'm a fan of travertine tiles but I'm not too sure about the pros and cons...were you able to find any more information about them?
April 19, 2013 at 9:21AM   
tewy
Hi Keerthi, we are up to lock up with our home build. Had a few permit delays. I researched the travertine and decided that the care issues (coffee, red wine spills for example) can stain the floors even when treated. We do a lot of entertaining and don't want a flooring i am nervouus about. Expensive to get good quality also in our part of the world and cheaper means bigger wear and tear issues. So after more research and feedback and seeing it in situ we are having white washed wide plank engineered European Oak, oiled. Warmer in a Mediterranean climate too. Hope that helps.
April 19, 2013 at 3:33PM   
Keerthi Naidu
Sounds great! Good choice.
April 19, 2013 at 3:36PM   
What the nook!?
Hello all! Not sure what to do with the little nook...
What kitchen style goes with octagon & red dot floor tiles?
We're buying this contemporary house built in the 80s...
Bedroom/bathroom color
I need help! My bedroom and bathroom are very neutral....
Curb appeal help!
We bought this house last fall. We love the corner...
I need help with my daughters bathroom tiles
My daughters r 3 and 22 months was looking for a cute...