Does my new couch match my living room? Please help!
Kelly Huston
Hi everyone! I desperately need help with matching my living room. I just bought a new couch that I was worried about being too blue rather than more on the gray side. I originally wanted a gray sectional but couldn't find one I liked. Please let me know if you think my couch matches the wall color and room. Any other design input is well appreciated!! Thank you so much.
Rina
From the way the colours are reading on my screen, the couch is fine but the coffee table should be living in another room entirely. A dark wood table with a glass top might work well. The dog is perfect.
6 Likes   Thanked by Kelly Huston    April 3, 2014 at 6:38AM
Libbmom
Place the rug under the front feet of the sofa...
2 Likes   Thanked by Kelly Huston    April 3, 2014 at 6:42AM
Warner Decor
I agree with Rina, the dog is perfect! I think that you need to mesh the rug and couch together with throw pillows. Here are a few ideas for you:
http://deciture.com/shop/decor/belle-and-june/django-turquoise-pillow/ (love these and they would go nicely with you wall color as well)
http://deciture.com/shop/decor/belle-and-june/flora-turquoise-pillow-set-of-2/

Hope this helps!
3 Likes   Thanked by Kelly Huston    April 3, 2014 at 6:44AM
Kelly Huston
Thank you all! Yes, I definitely agree about the coffe table. And thank you for the nice comments about my dog!! He's my boy!
And thank you for the tip about the pillows. I'll definitely look for some cheaper alternatives to those pillow designs!! Thank you all so much!
2 Likes   April 4, 2014 at 5:33PM
Libbmom
Good luck....this is my boy!
4 Likes   April 4, 2014 at 6:44PM
sally78
I like all the colors together--sofa, rug, walls, and window panels. They work and you did a good job! You just need to add a little zip and some tie-togethering...

I would keep my eyes open for a large picture (for behind the sofa) to replace the shelves. A vertical shape, just on the one wall on the left.

I like the shelves, but think that wall could use a picture instead. (look on society6 and art.com---lots of great prints).

I would like to see a picture with some white in the content or in matting--wide matting. Some of your sofa--wall- etc colors in the picture and maybe a pinch of yellow… A calm picture with just a little dash of zip… And, maybe some dark brown. I think a bit of dark brown would compliment your colors very nicely.

If you added a picture, I think your sofa pillows look terrific as they are…

I see making the tie-together place on the wall with a picture, not with sofa pillows.

If you painted the tile in your coffee table (or replace it with other tile), I think it would be fine--fine as long as there are some other wooden-colored things within view… It's standing alone in the photo. Is there a similarly toned wooden piece elsewhere in the room? Or, a dining room table you can see? If so, I think the coffee table could stay…

I like the idea of the tiled coffee table---maybe modify what you have instead of buying something else? Or, if it wasn't a huge investment, ditch it and replace with something that also adds a little "wood color."

All your coloring is subdued and looks great---I want just a dash of white in a couple places to add some cheer and drama… Maybe a little yellow doo-hicky on the coffee table, sitting on white tiles.. Maybe a bit of wood-tones (or espresso)...

And, although I suggest removing your shelves, I really do like them. I just think you need a picture behind the sofa. Can you use the shelves elsewhere on a different wall? They really are great shelves.

All my suggestions are just food for thought! Good luck with your decorating!
0 Likes   April 4, 2014 at 9:32PM
sally78
I like the coffee table on the right for your space.
0 Likes   April 5, 2014 at 7:38AM
Rina
I like that one too.
0 Likes   April 5, 2014 at 8:00AM
Rina
I also like Sally78's suggestions about using art behind the couch.
0 Likes   April 5, 2014 at 8:01AM
edithsmom
Can you pull the sofa pieces forward a few inches so the curtains hang straight down? Also, could you rehang the curtain rod (maybe a black rod) higher and wider than the window frame? Agree that the coffee table should be replaced. Like the wall color & sofa color together. Lovely.
3 Likes   April 5, 2014 at 10:25AM
d3sp
To give you an idea how the coffee table might look
3 Likes   April 5, 2014 at 10:56AM
My new living room-help please!
This picture shows the old homeowners furniture, I...
Jenna Seuffert
Please help me to plan my new living room
My husband and I just married and new living in a very...
nien1977
Help (please!) with my new formal living room
This space is a formal living room. It is the first...
kpuccio
Please help me decorate my new living room!
We just moved in a few weeks ago and I need help with...
Ashley L
Help! Does this rug match my couch and tables?
So i really like this rug but i'm not sure if it goes...
linachoudhry
Need master bedroom furniture help!!
Hi there- we just upgraded to a king size mattress/...
brockwem
Basement playroom flooring
I would love some advice on basement flooring! We currently...
robynegreene
Dining room design - continued
Hey everyone! Happy holidays! You guys have been great...
immunigirl
Help my wall!
I was given these framed images by my grandfather who...
dolphinbaby
Need a tie-breaker on this bathroom vanity
Any opinions? (excuse the horrible quick Photoshop...
R K