Need Help with this Kitchen!!!
Constantine I
I need some advice. Just bought a new home with 9' ceilings and was hoping to have 42" upper cabinets and build a 12" crown to the ceiling. This is not possible due to a bulkhead that the builder will not remove running along one wall of the kitchen and over one of the upper cabinets.

I have a few options:

•I can have the bulkhead continued above all the uppers adding the taller cabinets with the crown moulding. I am worried about how the transition from the wall with the cabinet to the wall without will end up looking.
•I can have all 42" upper cabinets with the space between the cabinet moulding and the ceiling.
•I can build the moulding on the range hood cover to the ceiling and have all 42"cabinets
•I can have the staggered look like the model home with two standard height cabinets. I have included a picture - does this look dated?

I will be installing white shaker cabinets - going for a transitional style.

Please advise on what I can do to achieve the look I want.
I would continue the bulkhead all round and go with your taller cabinets and crown. I don't see a photo of the wall where the transition would occur, so can't comment on that. Perhaps the builder can explain how he would make the transition.
0 Likes   April 2, 2014 at 8:53PM
babibleu
I am just throwing out ideas. but how about make that cabinet small where the bulkhead is and have it like a wine rack? so the rest can be just tall cabinets like how you like it. btw, nice kitchen :)
0 Likes   April 2, 2014 at 8:59PM
ioannoulo
Any more ideas or suggestions?
0 Likes   April 3, 2014 at 4:19AM
Patricia Colwell
I would agree with grover and do not have the staggered height cabinets I have no idea why designers do those.
0 Likes   April 3, 2014 at 6:43AM
Need help with kitchen. Really need help!
We have partially renovated our condo. The kitchen...
Need help for my kitchen. No room for kitchen table.
Currently have granite peninsula and want to expand...
need help for my wall
哪种颜色对睡眠有帮助
Need help to decorate my spare bedroom!
I have got a spare bedroom that at the moment is painted...
Elevation
Need help for front elevation
Flooring ideas for a garage office
Hi, I am looking for some inexpensive flooring options...