How do you know what size wall tiles to buy for a large indoor wall?
mikestlouis1965
I have picked out a slate tile I like for a wall. I just wanted a different look. But I'm not sure a whole wall of tile will look okay. And if it would, is the tile I picked out to small. The wall is maybe 8 feet high and maybe 9 or 10 feet wide. The tiles are only an inch high and vary in length. Do you need more brick size tile for a big wall space? Or will it all just blend together in one continual pattern once its up and the grout is in? Is darker stone going to make the room smaller too? And will this decrease the resale value since I will be "locking in" a color in the room permanently? Can you tell I'm not really sure what I'm doing. thanks for any insight here. Have tiled bathroom floors, but never done a wall.
hatetoshop
In my opinion, the tile is too small. And yes, if resale is a factor then tiling the wall could be a problem. A less permanent option is wallpaper.
April 3, 2014 at 3:49AM        Thanked by mikestlouis1965
Patricia Colwell
I would not install that unless this is your forever home, why not just a nice wallpaper if you want some interest, or how about some built ins for shelving, books and storage a much better option.
April 3, 2014 at 8:14AM        Thanked by mikestlouis1965
Something Missing
Looking for ideas! I feel as though something is missing...
What do you think about the rustic kitchen?
http://www.houzz.com/photos/17478168/Wood-Mode-Brookhaven-Products-traditional-houston...
What are your thoughts?
What do you guys think about the color of the wood...
Help with living room decor
Please help suggest art work for the blank wall behind...
This house needs your attention please !!!!
Our house needs serious help , facelift , exterior...